PDA

View Full Version : 1.3m yak spano

carnster
02-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Went for a quick pre work paddle with ant this morn. Things were looking a bit grim with the surf and wind up a bit. Plus Ant had a spot in his hatch by the time we had to go back in. I was staring down the barrel of a donut, when zing double hook up. I was pretty confident they were spanish after a few long runs. So i gaffed and stowed the 1st and proceeded to tackle the 2nd. It was big really big. After 30mins it was looking like i would be late for work, so i upped the drag and after another 10mins the hook pulled. He was a lot bigger than the one i landed but i was happy he swam away as i would have released him anyway. On the way in i flaked a spot just to ice the cake. Fun times with Ant.

Mossy247
02-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Good stuff mate, those bloody things are huge good chance they would drag me out to sea with my little chicken arms on the paddles. Good stuff, your always killing it on the yak. Top Effort.

frankgrimes
02-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Top work once again Carnster!

Mick

Basstones
02-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Wow, once again great effort. I can imagine it would be pretty easy to be spooled with a double hook up like that!

Back In Black
02-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Carnster,
Thats the same size I got on ANZAC Day, & it was a battle standing upright, with gunwhales to lean against. Doing that on a yak is unbelievable!
Tony

Millsydude
02-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Carnster you are a machine! Great effort as always. Shame worktime started interfering with your fight on the second LOL.
Thanks for the report mate.
cheers

outta line
02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
was almost going to give a dislike to your post.... as work got in the way of fishing.....lol........mate you got any teeth war wounds on that yak of yours with all the teethy monsters you've been getting .... well done on your morning exercise....i wonder if all the gym junkies know what there missing out on.........cheers mick

Dicktracey
02-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Good stuff mate, those bloody things are huge good chance they would drag me out to sea with my little chicken arms on the paddles. Good stuff, your always killing it on the yak. Top Effort.
Carnester your looking like a better deckie option than Mossy with this form mate ;)

Mossy247
02-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Carnester your looking like a better deckie option than Mossy with this form mate ;)
Last mac I seen you on nearly had you over the side, might have to hand the rod to Carnster to show you a thing or two. I would stow away to pick up some tips from the yak trolling king for sure.
Carnster you troll far off the shore? It would be trippy sitting out the back on my board watching a guy rip in massive macs like that from a yak 50 meters away.

Dicktracey
02-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Last mac I seen you on nearly had you over the side, might have to hand the rod to Carnster to show you a thing or two. I would stow away to pick up some tips from the yak trolling king for sure.
Carnster you troll far off the shore? It would be trippy sitting out the back on my board watching a guy rip in massive macs like that from a yak 50 meters away.
Maybe we could troll Carnester behind the boat as a paravane Mossy ? Catch is a catch mate ;)

Giffo65
02-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Well done Chris and thanks for the report,I am sure the boss would let you off if you took some fish in !

carnster
02-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I have caught them just outside the breakers and also way out for a yak, probably 5km offshore

Jono_SS
02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
here's a suggestion for you Chris......

this...

turns into....

Cheers.

Jono.

netmaker
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
ho hum, just another big fish on the yak carnster:P. got nothing new this week mate;D.

Funchy
02-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Bludddy!!!!!!! You blokes are freaks :D Love your work as usual :thumbsup:

carnster
02-05-2012, 07:58 PM
ho hum, just another big fish on the yak carnster:P. got nothing new this week mate;D.

I know mate sorry. I am trying to only post when i have a different fish each time.

netmaker
02-05-2012, 08:11 PM
yeah, i'm hangin out for your orange roughy on yak post;)

cuzzamundi
03-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Awsome, mate. Truly awesome catch.

cuzza

halfmanhalffish
03-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Nice work mate. You're going to need a bigger fish bag for the front of your kayak!! Either that or its time to chase the small ones!

carnster
03-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Nice work mate. You're going to need a bigger fish bag for the front of your kayak!! Either that or its time to chase the small ones!
The tail hung out a bit but it's tail wrapped just in case so all good.