PDA

View Full Version : Bar Crusher Boats

Knotpretty
29-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Looking for opinions. Would you buy a bar crusher if you had the dollars. If you would what model ? mojo

tuff79
29-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Bone crusher !!!!!!!!

Sheik
29-04-2012, 03:30 PM
yep for sure. I would also buy a haines, and a shark cat too. Also a TABs and an AMM.
I'd be going for about 5.5 either cuddy or half cab with maximum four stroke horses. And a twenty inch sounder and plasma screen GPS. If they haven't got em yet they bloody well should have.

hooknpull
29-04-2012, 04:17 PM
A friends has one, they ride great for a tinny.do not I repeat DO NOT! Get a centreconsole.. The wettest boat I have ever been in..

Knotpretty
29-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks Hookupull. Been thinking of an upgrade lately. I like the crusher 610c just after opinions from people. Nice one on Boatsales at the moment. mojo

indy
29-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Mate has a 620 for sale as his back is stuffed only has a touch over 100 hrs he wamts 55k for it, has 150 yammie four stroke brisbane area

Jarrah Jack
29-04-2012, 05:59 PM
They hold their value and are popular down south. The 610 which was a 550 then a 570 or something like that is also popular. Id have one but I prefer glass.

Knotpretty
29-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Your dead right Jack, they do hold their value and there seems to be a lot on the market. I've noticed all quality boats hold their value. Thanks for the replies fellows. When I sell my Quinnie I'll be full on searching for my next boat. mojo

For Steve
29-04-2012, 06:50 PM
I like them. I've ordered a 610C.

upstart
29-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I like the look of the 535sc. I reckon it would suit me. Anyone have any opinions of them? Would they be wet too?

truth stretcher
29-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I have a 610c and am very happy with it.

mal555
29-04-2012, 08:56 PM
They hold their value and are popular down south.

Too right JJ, that's all they seem to want in Tassie amongst the offshore (tinnie) guys. Their fishing forums constantly give them a big wrap with nothing negative.

team_mongo
29-04-2012, 10:13 PM
The owners rave about them. You probably already know, but there was BC610c in victoria that had a bad lean on it due to some modifications performed at the factory. To BC credit, they replaced the hull. So pretty good after sales service.

madmackrel
30-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Mojo ive had a 620 for three years and have put 600hrs on her,youll get all these so called experts telling you their crap etc. To tell you the truth mate was not to happy when i first got her but overtime i have learnt to operate it properly , Dont do what i did at 1770 last year , four on board with that much crap, will be a different set up this year lol.Make sure it has trim tabs on it and a set of clears even one at the front above the windscreen. If your local to me your welcome to come for a run in it .
Cheers MM

Noelm
30-04-2012, 08:31 AM
I reckon their popularity is due to the non stop advertising/exposure on TV shows, even though I think they are an OK boat, there is plenty of other brands that are just as good (or better) at less price, there was a rather long winded thread on another forum about a BC that had a bad lean, the owner had a few hundred opinions from various posters (as usual) and in the end barcrusher ended up cutting it up and re doing it in the building jigs, and then fixed the floor where it was cut, the owner then decided he did not like the idea and after some input, they built him a new boat, now that shows great after sales service/help, but then on the downside, should the boat ever had been built "bent"? I guess sh!t happens sometimes, and how you are treated after is the main thing. (in my opinion)

deckie
30-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Nope...i nearly went mad on one.

That annoying sound of water slapping on the hull at rest..it went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....and on and on and on and on and on and...

Bloop fricken blooop bloop bloop fricken blooop AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

ok maybe its not just BC tinnies but it shits me to tears.

Noelm
30-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Funny you should say that, I was watching one of the Barcrusher adds, sorry I mean fishing show, (the ones with Alistair Mcglashin??) in it, and the sound of the water on the hull almost drowned out the commentary! mind you, that can be a good thing, some of those hosts can get a tad tedious at times.

deckie
30-04-2012, 08:55 AM
I think its just me Noelm..i dunno. But geezus after awhile it gets in my head and i'm thinking "get me off this thing"...slap blooop plop plop blooop fricken bloop plop.

If it was at night i'd need to be kept away from all sharp objects which aint easy on a boat.

Yeah bloop plop friggin bloop bloop.,...bloop plop plop ploppy plop blloopedy bloop bloop fricken plop

Jarrah Jack
30-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Nope...i nearly went mad on one.

That annoying sound of water slapping on the hull at rest..it went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.....and on and on and on and on and on and...

Bloop fricken blooop bloop bloop fricken blooop AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!

ok maybe its not just BC tinnies but it shits me to tears.

Thats very funny Deckie..........But come to think of it I've never noticed much slap in the old Quinny and a bit in the sig when I'm having a snooze up front. Obviously something to do with the shape of the BC hull.

Skusto
30-04-2012, 11:24 AM
got a bc 610 been a great boat always feel safe even in the biggest of seas had a 115 on it at the start but replaced it with a 150 which made it an even better boat.as said previous tabs are a must.

Noelm
30-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I don't think anyone is saying they are not a good boat, but they have a few "features" that a lot don't like, just the same as any boat I guess.

Crunchy
30-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Another option for you to consider...good luck with your choice

http://www.surtees.co.nz/

Noelm
30-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I seem to remember something about the Surtees being the same boat somehow.

stue2
30-04-2012, 01:11 PM

Very close. They have a narrower beam and a trapdoor flooded keel set up. And the finish is exellent. Not saying the Bar Crushers finish is not though. If you can aford the wheel house design go with that.

Cheers, Stu

Crunchy
30-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Not the same boat, same pedigree....

Knotpretty
30-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Again thank you boys for your opinions. When the time comes I will be test driving a 610c crusher with a 150 something on the back (like the yammie and honda)
mojo

wayno60
30-04-2012, 07:07 PM
At this years boat show in bris i had a good look over the range and the 610 would be my pick. Also they showed me that they have added a trapdoor flooded keel set up,
maybe this may help with the Bloop fricken blooop bloop bloop fricken blooop AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!
but to answer your question yes i would buy one for sure.

hooknpull
30-04-2012, 07:29 PM
The surtees is made by the same owner as bar crusher. From what I know, he went partners with someone from Australia and the partnership went belly up. Hence the reason why surtees is from nz and bar crusher is now made in Australia. I would look at the hardtop. They look good for a tinny. Every boat bangs, my 632f sig bangs and you can hear the water when inside the cabin. Anyone that says there's don't is a liar.. It's just a little bit quieter in some boats..

waterbouy
30-04-2012, 07:36 PM
BACK CRUSHER is what my boss says every time we see one. I have not been in one, but his big boat is a fairly soft ride, so thats my thoughts now, and my $00.02 worth.

Dan5
30-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Thats very funny Deckie..........But come to think of it I've never noticed much slap in the old Quinny and a bit in the sig when I'm having a snooze up front. Obviously something to do with the shape of the BC hull.

Thats the flooded hull making the noise JJ.I know someone with the 560wr and it's the same.......my kill tank when full at rest makes the same annoying sloshing noise..........i think the flooded hulls would all be the same.....just not a bar crusher thing,

Jarrah Jack
30-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Thats the flooded hull making the noise JJ.I know someone with the 560wr and it's the same.......my kill tank when full at rest makes the same annoying sloshing noise..........i think the flooded hulls would all be the same.....just not a bar crusher thing,

Thanks Dan...From what I'm lead to believe your kill tank would only ever be full of beer so its a strange sound for beer to make, except on the way down. Hope you're working hard.

Calimari Kid
01-05-2012, 01:08 AM
Hey guys, i've talked to one of the reps at the melb boat show, and he recons that the guy who owns BC boats pinched the design from Mr Surtees, and then made it himself. Friendship is now dead. Yes they do promote the BC's well, but both boats look crap(my opinion). Nothing rides like a glass boat, and drinks fuel like one too. BC and Surtees try to give you the best of both worlds, economy, ride and stability. Just bought a Trophy 2002 from the States and the transport company bent the brand new trailer on it by tieing down too hard onto the ship, bent it like a banana, so much so i can't get the boat off the trailer. Can't use the boat and can't tow the trailer.Now i'm trying to get to them to replace it with another new one. (NOT HAPPY JAN!)

Noelm
01-05-2012, 11:51 AM
thought somehow Surtees and Barcrusher were related, bad luck with your bent trailer, but I guess when you get something from the other side of the world, you need to be aware of all the possible pittfalls, surely there must be some sort of transport insurance?

drireech
01-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Got a 670HT (Called a 620HT when I bought it) and had it about 18 months. 200+ hrs and plenty of trips out wide. Can be noisy in chop, but overall a great boat with heaps of features. I got 150hp Yammie 4 stroke, the hard top, bunk extensions, trip tabs, big HDS screen, electric winch, boat wash, plumbed bait tank and rear facing spot lights.
I had lockable side pockets made from factory and a bimini extension put on and about to get full camping covers fitted.
Also the webber miniQ bbq fits nicely on the bait board.

If I had my time again I would have fitted a fixed water tank between the bunks and made Bar Crusher move the fuel filler to the side of the boat. Also the little gate on the flooded keel to stop the slooshing sound that Deckie was talking about would be not a bad idea. A big forward facing spot light could be of good use too.

julian1
01-05-2012, 03:14 PM
the 560(610) and 620(670) are the pick of the models for ride/performance. Yes they are a wet boat and trim tabs are a must, they ride well for a platey but are very narrow so for the size of the boat they are smallish in the cockpit. i wouldn't call them the most stable boat but they don't get the rockups like an old fashioned deepvee

Skusto
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
hi have a 610 since 2008 bought with a 115 on the which we changed to a 150 we have done 250 since buying and found it a great boat for its size and weight had it out in some crappy conditions always feel safe in it .it is a much better boat with a 150 on it. as stated tabs are a must .

Dan5
01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Thanks Dan...From what I'm lead to believe your kill tank would only ever be full of beer so its a strange sound for beer to make, except on the way down. Hope you're working hard.

Jeez your a gem.......know how to make a bloke feel good..LOL.........For a gorrilla a day i'll put fishing and drinking on the back burner..........for a limited time anyway.

Dan

fin101
01-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Bloke in my club has a pretty new 780HT and he likes it a lot, looks like a pretty well set out rig from what I have seen of it, think they could set up some sort of separation ( read door) or something into cabin area, seem to recall his is all open. I have been in one of the smaller ones, 560 something and hated it. They are popular though.

Scott79
01-05-2012, 10:09 PM
I have been in one of the smaller ones, 560 something and hated it.

Specifically, what did you hate about it? How much time did you spend in it, and in what conditions?

Scott.

SHOOTER1
10-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Recently bought a 610XS. Rear centre console puts you in the sweet spot. Plenty of fishing room. Took a few trips to get the hang of the set-up trim tabs etc. A bit wet but what centre console isn't? Overall great boat.

ranga7
11-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Havent been in one but think there overpriced and ugly.