PDA

View Full Version : Cracker trip off mackay

webby nq
29-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Been going crazy the last couple of months just hanging out for some good weather and with the wind dropping out I got a couple of anchor pulleruperers ready for an overnighter. Headed out early Saturday morning and with good conditions cruised out to a couple of marks out wide only to have our first beer interupted as a nice bump popped up on me Koden. With a good show of fish hanging on the edge our lines went down and it wasnt long before all rods were buckled over with a couple of nice nannies in the boat already Tony pulls up a10+kg cracker, needless to say he was stoked and after some more nannies in the boat we headed off out wider.
After pulling some more pinkies and lipper on a couple more spots I found anew bombie around the 55m mark so lines went down , straight up we were all onto some good fish with some good head shakes , billy got busted off ( told him-to crank the drag ) and Tony dropped his so it was up to me, not long later a solid Red hit the surface. Thats what we want. Next drop Tony pulled a nice 6kg Red and Billy got a nice Trout up but that was it, they were gone.
After fishing a few more spots with mixed results I decided to head out to the reef but once again we didnt make but after 5 minutes of sounding around this new spot I realised we had hit the jackpot as this new mark was a massive (unmarked) shoal.Coming up from 180 feet to 100 this shoal is littered with bombies and fish so we had a drift. With a good trout and RTE hitting the kill bin the anchor was thrown out. For the next 2 hours we had a ball catching good trout and RTE but the sharks started playing havoc so we took off in search for some more reds.
Fishing from spot to spot we caught some good nannies and lipper and I managed another nice red before we called it quits on another cracker of a trip.

Redhunter
29-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Some nice trout and nannies well done
steve

FishHunter
29-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Jealous as. Some good fish there

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

jtpython
29-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Massive effort guys some top fish there. Didn t play game here to well
JT

outta line
29-04-2012, 05:22 PM
all kinds of red in those pics ....... well done...some cracking nannies and trout....i wana go fishing now...cheers for the report
mick

Redrocks
29-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome stuff Webby. The forecast was a bit dodgey Friday so looks like the gamble paid off.

bigjudge
30-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Looks like it definatly was a cracker of a trip,(GOOD FISH),Jt i agree it didnt play the game down here.
CHEERS AND BEERS.