PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Water Entering Front and Rear Wells

Splash
28-04-2012, 08:14 PM
4.1m Polycraft -

I want to minimise amount of rain and splash from entering the front and rear wells.

I am not wanting to use a bimini.

How do you guys reduce water ingress into these wells - which enters the small gap between the top lids and wall of each hatch??

Splash

Lancair
28-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Dunno about splash while using the boat, but isnt a cover an obvious choice for use at home ?

Splash
28-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for reply.

I have no issues with water entering boat at home.

I have concerns about rain water entering these front and rear wells whilst fishing...

Splash

Dan5
28-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Dry season now Splasher..............worry about it in 9 months time............get that motor on and head to Yellow waters........they are on,

Dan

Splash
29-04-2012, 08:14 AM
no worries... :-)

Which boat ramp is best for Yellow Waters - Jim Jim Billabong or Yellow Waters?

SPlash

Dan5
29-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Being as Jim Jim billabong is no where near Yellow Waters i would put in at Yellow Waters...(Cooinda).....Go left at the 'T' and troll the banks Splasher.............Me thinks you are talking about Home billabong which is behind Cooinda?.........Not Jim Jim....

You Know?........Bruss

Splash
29-04-2012, 08:57 AM
thanks Dan,

SPlash

Seahorse
29-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Splash
I had similar prob with my seajay with the water splashing over transom.
Mine is very low cut as well.
What I did, was to get some polycard acrylic sheeting and cut a piece to fit between motor and the angled part of ur transom. I made it a bit bigger and screwed to side and bottom of transom.
Works a treat and it's clear so you don't really see it and I no longer get any water at all over the back.

Cheers
Greg

Splash
29-04-2012, 10:18 AM
thanks seahorse.

pics would be great - possible?

splash

lucee81
29-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Being as Jim Jim billabong is no where near Yellow Waters i would put in at Yellow Waters...(Cooinda).....Go left at the 'T' and troll the banks Splasher.............Me thinks you are talking about Home billabong which is behind Cooinda?.........Not Jim Jim....

You Know?........Bruss

I see you are teaching the real lingo up there as well, he will fit in no worries. dont forget a splash of the greek lingo as well :)