PDA

View Full Version : Damn dog ate my mackerel!!!!!!

Back In Black
27-04-2012, 07:10 AM
You turn your back for a second, & the mutt steals your fish off the filleting table!!
Anyone else's dog have a taste for fish?? These guys go nuts when they see the boat coming home.
Tony

terry71
27-04-2012, 07:12 AM
lmao good look it seems like they enjoy it

kingcray
27-04-2012, 07:22 AM
:LMAO:

hahaha do you blame the little fella?? I think you are crazy for leaving in unattended
That is awesome. I love the one with the tail hanging out.
My old kelpie had a real love for mullet heads and scales.

Deano

Funchy
27-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Haaahhahaha....Thats Gold.

The Flabrador in my Avatar loves it when I get home with a bag. He gets fed the livers of all the fish I catch. Mongrel grabbed one of the flatty fillets of the plate as I was cleaning em the other day. Gave him a whack on the nose, he dropped it, I rinsed it off and it was dinner. Shhhhhhh...... dont tell the missus!! :D

Also the 2 cats and I have never been close until recently. They seem to be far friendlier now I have fresh fish... coincidence???

Gon Fishun
27-04-2012, 07:44 AM
What's u name. Flipper ??? :LMAO:

lethal098
27-04-2012, 08:10 AM
My Cockerspaniel Loves Crabs,

Found that out one day after a cook up, Had them sitting in a shallow ice slurry, went inside for a few minutes and came back out to crab shell everywhere, He had eaten a whole 2kg Mud crab, Needless to say my missus wasnt happy that she lost a Big muddie to him. It never bothered him, ever since i dont leave the esky unattended.

Cheers Lee

wave dancer
27-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Thats a f##kn crack up. Well done Tony and a picture says a thousand words.

Cheers Mick

Bull
27-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Your Second pic is gold lol . My dog also loves fish but the poor little fella has been doing it a bit tough lately with my inability to bring something decent home.

pipifin
27-04-2012, 10:23 AM
My two fight over the guts........ and the left over bait.

thelump
27-04-2012, 11:09 AM
That second shot is classic mate. Made my day

castamasta
27-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Had a golden retreiver who used to go ape when i got home with a feed,use to give him the scrap meat as i filleted,no bones of course.
Cheers,Gav.

Back In Black
27-04-2012, 02:23 PM
The big guy is aptly named Munch!

Chas & Clarry
27-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Our labby used to always go winter whiting fishing with us. She LOVED the boat.

She'd sit with her head in the bucket watching them swim around the bottom, but once the bucket started to fill up if we weren't watching she'd sneak one out. We'd turn around and see her with a flapping tail hanging out of her mouth...but then she was a labby, she'd eat everything and anything (except mushrooms ::))

webby nq
27-04-2012, 09:45 PM
My problems the bloody neighbours great dane, dam thing just walks over the fence.

Back In Black
28-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Webby,
We are struggling to keep Munch in. Spent that much on fencing, blocking off the dam etc, we thought he'd never escape. The damn thing is Houdini! Because he is pretty sizeable now, being 8 months old & 40 kg so far (vet reckons he"ll hit 55kg) I didn"t think we'd have a problem keeping him in(we live on 7.5 acres), but he has found out if he goes down into the dam, he paddles & pushes all the water lilies under him, they give him some buoyancy & he actually uses them to walk on. Straight over the other side & out, & then like your neighbours dog, I swear he must just "step" over some low fencing. Got a call while we were out yesterday from a staff member. She dropped in & found Munch & Bosco, his inseparable Cocker Spaniel mate, doing a neighbourly visit. Gets them back in & we are back an hour later, & sure enough, they are curled up on the front door step, just like we left them, smelling of innocence! The other problem with Munch is the sheer amount of food he consumes, as he is growing SO quickly. We just about to have to feed him intravenously! Great dog that brings a lot of joy. Heres a couple of other snaps. Enjoy!
Tony

seastorm
28-04-2012, 08:55 AM
That second photo would have been better if it was taken side on and the fish head was at the dogs ass

BillyM
30-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Least your not the only one with a dog that loves fish, we have a little staffie that loves sitting by the table in the back yard when we fillet fish just the other day I dropped a good sized whitiing head of the table and within seconds she had that whiting head well and truly munched through the jaws, don't think she even took more than three bites before it was gone and never to be seen again till I had to mow the lawn.

MEG-A-BITE
01-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Very funny,at least you will not need to feed them for a day or so.