PDA

View Full Version : J.W. Electric not working..BRAND NEW

martib
26-04-2012, 06:49 PM
hey all has anyone had any dramas with there e.motors working.mounted mine this arvo and connected it to the battery and nothing..not happy...
rang J.W. and ran through a few thihgs but still no good,has anyone else had any probs..

HOT HAPPY...:'(

cheers marty

finga
26-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Did you check the battery and fuse/circuit breaker??

Cheers Alfred

netmaker
26-04-2012, 07:44 PM
IMO very limited number of possibilities save a manufacturing fault. as per mr alfred finga. have you used a multimeter to check how far your power is making it down the line to the motor? that would be the best place to start. if you have power at the connection to the motor lead you should be looking for an exchange. if no power at the motor lead connection the motor should work fine and you will need to find your bad connection at one end of your wiring or a possible break inside a wire.
cheers

martib
27-04-2012, 07:30 AM
yeah i put a multi meter on it this morning,and im getting power to the motor head but the power stops at a junction box.rang a service guy yesterday and he said that, that box may be the problem,im going to take it back thhis morning.....hope they have another one i wanted to use it today....

martib
27-04-2012, 05:28 PM
took it back today and Erskines tackle world(cairns) replaced it straight away.
great serviice..
got the new one and working a treat,,,just got to get out there and give it a go,looking forward to it.
cheers marty