PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Mixed Monsters

Goldfinch
25-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Managed three trips out over the past 2 weeks. A real mixed bag of weather and fish. Pistol Pete got a nice Coral Trout amongst a catch of cod and sweetlip in a brief arvo session on Easter Monday. I snagged a 20kg Cod whilst getting swarmed by 7kg+ mac tuna on livies. Whilst unhooking a mac tuna boatside Adrians livie under a balloon attracted a solid Marlin for a brief period before it spat the wire.
2nd trip my neighbour Josh and I headed out in 20knots to find some arm-benders. The bait was still around and we nailed some solid cod up to 20kg, some small cobes, big mac tuna's and plenty of bust offs, un-stoppables and straightened hooks.
3rd trip saw us just get through the Noosa bar with an almost 3m swell. Not many boats out...I wonder why!!! The Haines performed miracles that morning. Quiet morning with very little bait around. Anchored up on a small patch of bait, started dropping livies down. The bait jig scored a nice Scarlet Sea Perch and shortly after I got bitten off, then a second later the bait jig got smashed on the way up and it hooked into a big fish. It couldn't be a Mackerel??? Well, after a long fight on the crapest rod and reel on the boat in came a 8kg Spaniard with the bait jig wrapped around it's tail. Funniest catch I've ever seen. Just as we unhook it, Josh's dead bait went screaming off. It wasn't long before he landed a nice 10kg Cobia. It went quiet so we moved in close to flick some placcies around. Picked up a good feed of Grassy Sweetlip and some squire and a nice pan size Snapper. Here they come!!!

wayno60
25-04-2012, 03:08 PM
you must big pans.... nice work

Back In Black
25-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Stop showing off Dave! See your boat was missing today, so I assume we"ll some more photos. Ballsy hitting Noosa bar with that swell running mate,
Tony

Goldfinch
26-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Hahaha....Thanks Tony. Na...one of the new batteries I had fitted in Nov when serviced is playing up so it's at Rays getting fixed along with some new LED trailer lights. I'll be back out on the water on Fri or Sat hopefully. Balls of steel, brains like jelly!!!

Back In Black
26-04-2012, 02:57 PM
You said that Dave, not me!!!

TimD
26-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Nice fish there Dave :thumbsup:

You still chucking the plastics around or just dropping livies these days ??

cheers tim :)

Goldfinch
26-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey Timmy...both mate. The plastics have been quiet over summer so used bait and hardbodies. Now using livies if we can find them and also dead bait and placcies. Variety equals success.
Nice fish there Dave :thumbsup:

You still chucking the plastics around or just dropping livies these days ??

cheers tim :)

webby nq
27-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Good mixed bag mate , theres some massive cobes down that way hey, never seen them so big
Webster

Floating Rib
30-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Great fish, Wondering about the cod, what sort are they? do you eat them that size or are the smaller units better? are they pretty good on the chew?

Goldfinch
30-04-2012, 01:22 PM
They Are Estuary Cod and they taste good, even the big ones. Nice white flesh.
Great fish, Wondering about the cod, what sort are they? do you eat them that size or are the smaller units better? are they pretty good on the chew?

Fishing_Freddy
30-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Looks like a quality catch you put together, well done
Ken :beer: