PDA

View Full Version : 5 from 5 :)

Dicktracey
22-04-2012, 08:59 PM
OK so the planets aligned for the Boss and I to have a day outside in the new Tub ::)
With the forecast being 3m swell in the northern bay what could go wrong :o they get the prediction wrong all the time.
As this was the bosses first trip off the cape in the new tub I had serious thoughts about this being a memorable trip with the conditions,she was keen so off we headed.
Glad Mossy wasnt on board he would of lost his shit in the bay ;)
Stopped off at Curtin just incase we didn't make it around the cnr,couldn't get a bite heaps of show just no go.
After breaky we stowed away all the lose shit and did battle with the swell,as we headed out over the western rocks I told the Mrs this is as bad as it gets :o "WRONG"
We headed out to spot X off the Cape to be greeted what I would estimate as 4M+ easy with the odd rouge one thrown in,expecting the cheese and kisses to say I've had enough I pulled out all stops to put her on Fish straight up :P
Using both weapons Plastic and Bait the Zman had the first hit in comes a 45squire, then it shuts down as quick as its started.
Lucky you kept the little one she says with a shit eating grin ;D Then she lands some fresh bait in the form of a bonito, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz off goes the Zman on comes a nice emperor.
Out goes the bonito strip and the mrs pulls her first emperor at least we have a feed,few more fish of sorts and my rod buckles over what the this isn't coming on board :o
10min later and a trip around the boat in 4m swell on comes my first ever yellow tail,80cm bullet on light gear is heaps of fun ;D
After watching at least 4m waves break either side of us we head for the western rocks and try rosco's tips on trolling, not ten minutes later the mrs has her first Mac in the net :P
Well done babe as I watch the Fu@#ing thing bite a hole through the net and dissapear back to the depths,Dont worry I tell her It counts it was in the net :-?
All in all I think I should quit DT's PB's charters while i'm ahead with 5from5 & 0 donuts ;)
We had a great day only to be greeted with a glassed out bay for the trip back to shorncliffe.

Mossy247
23-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Good stuff buddy glad to see you made it outside with the better half. Was out on the bay over the weekend, Sunday I couldn't catch a cold over mud we have more luck in the river of late pulling bream off the rocks. Bummer about the snapper though was waiting for you to drop some around mud on mossy's reef as agreed :P
p.s Love the Z-Man lure plug on FB, oh I also added my pic from Saturday! ;D

netmaker
23-04-2012, 07:16 AM
way to go dick8-). thats some good figures you're on now mate. you best give it away before your donut run starts::). i'm sure mossy would be happy to take your rig off your hands. sounds like he's just about over bay fishing;).