PDA

View Full Version : Wet the new boat for the first time today.

rumy1
22-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Just bought a secondhand 5.8m Quintrex Spirit with a 135 honda. I took the family out today for our first spin and it was great. I wanted to keep it short so we went to Bindaree Wreck but kept going when I saw there was already four boats on it. I continued to the Red Dolphin Wreck where there was a 12ft tinnie there by himself so I anchor up. ( electric anchor winches are the best invention !!!!) I baited up and throw down two overhead rods. In no time the Penn 330 was bent over so I took hold and to my wife and kids amazement over the side came a large cod... probably about 15kgs. It was amazing the whole time we were there a dolphin was swiming around us which was magical. Anyways the family are not use to the water so we uped anchor and went back to The Oaks for a swim and lunch. What really made my day was when we got home the wife asked "what's the weather like on Anzac Day, maybe we can go out again". Can't wait until Wednesday now !!!!

maxblack
22-04-2012, 07:09 PM
SWMBO approval, that's the key, sounded like a great day :)

missingdna
22-04-2012, 07:51 PM
sounds like you caught the cod, and hooked the missus. Great day all round.

Floating Rib
22-04-2012, 08:13 PM
hope you get plenty of use out of the new tub, nothing better than getting out on the water with family and friends.