PDA

View Full Version : The honourable anzac day cup.

outwide1
18-04-2012, 07:04 PM
A good mate of mine has come up with this idea for Anzac Day to honour our Anzacs.
I have posted all the details below and any questions can be forwarded to Sam.Ok Ladies and Gents,

After sleeping on it and avoiding the obvious Manly v Titans nightmares I have come up with the following for the Inaugural ANZAC CUP for the 25th of April.

This Tourney is not about winners and losers it’s about something far more important......mateship and camaraderie, something our fallen lived and died for.

The following are the guidelines that the friendly will be run off.

Entry Donation per boat - $100.00
Start Fishing - 6.30 am
Cease Fishing - 3.00pm
All boats in neutral for 1 minute at 11.00am
Hook Ups and Tags to be called into Sea Eagle
Skeds to be done every two hours to Sea Eagle

There will be two trophies for the ANZAC CUP.

Firstly a perpetual trophy and honour board that will mention all participating boats.

Secondly there will be a trophy awarded to a boat at the discretion of judges for the most meritorious performance.....they may not catch a fish, it may be rough and they fish in a small boat, they may lose a battle with a giant after a long period, it may be their first marlin who knows but it’s not about winners and losers for this friendly.

There will be a raft up at Wave Break for those boats that want to attend to the presentation...... I know this may be difficult for some boats with time constraints etc.

Please note the $100.00 dollars per boat is not an entry fee it is a simple donation that will be passed on to the Gold Coast Branch of Legacy to help the families of the fallen.

I have contacted Alisa Schofield from the GCGFC Inc. and they have kindly donated the Most Meritorious Trophy and Peter Pakula has kindly contacted a friend (Rob Pirie) who is making the Perpetual Trophy that should look fantastic.

This friendly has nothing to do with either Club it’s just a gathering of like-minded clowns who love to fish and raise some money for a great cause.

Please feel free to extend this invitation to all and note you do not need to be in a Game Fishing club to participate.

Bank details are as follows for the boat donations.

Hickey Lawyers Trust Account
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
5 Nerang Street, Southport, Queensland 4215
BSB No: 064-430
Account No: 10559695
PLEASE QUOTE FILE REFERENCE 325604/2 WHEN DEPOSITING MONIES.

Finally I will make a call on conditions Tuesday morning on whether to proceed with the friendly or postpone to a later date.

Could all participants please email me on sam@lclcapital.com.au to notify of their participation and when they deposit the $100.00.

Hopefully we can get a good field and raise a solid chunk of cash for LEGACY.

CHEERS SAM LYTHGO