PDA

View Full Version : US companies that act as a mailing agent.

tropicrows
18-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Not really sure if the title is the right wording, so let my try and explain.

After a bit of web searching I found that there a number of US companies that act as a "middle man" and mail items to you, from US stores that wont ship outside the US. Naturally they charge a fee which varies on size, weight and service requested.

Two companies are "Shipito" & "Myus".

Has anyone had any experience with these or any others for that matter.

Basstones
18-04-2012, 01:34 PM
It was me who recommended this option in the other thread. As I said, I've never personally used them but my mate has used 'Shipito' succesfully a few times for some RC parts. He only stopped doing it as he came to an arrangement with a forum member in the states who now does it all free of charge. I have a similar arrangement with a family member. I will try and get some more info off him, but he always said it was fairly quick and painless. Items weren't as fragile as a rod though... (Btw, curious...what's so special about this rod?)

tropicrows
18-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Your right Basstones it was you, Shipito appears to have a good service but it's the other side of the US (4000km) from the store I'm thinking of buy from.
I'm interested in other forum users comments as well. Myus is a lot closer but I know nothing about them.

As for the rod, I have seen it in action and it was beautiful...............;D

I spoke to one guy today who owns 7 of them and he wont sell any of them....:'(

I'm like a dog with a bone and wont let go until all options are exhausted.

choppa
18-04-2012, 01:51 PM
we have a few members from the States,,, what part are you aiming at??

tropicrows
18-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Oakdale, NY

honda900
18-04-2012, 02:55 PM
BongoUS is another one, very reliable, very expensive freight, however if want it fast they use DHL express, at your door in 4 days.

Regards
Honda.

Robg
18-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I have used Price USA a couple of times for a Projector and Speakers. Had no issues at all and shipping was quite quick.