PDA

View Full Version : Stones corner marine

dan sheard
17-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with stones corner marine, I'm just about to buy a new outboard and the quote there gave me is not to bad.
Cheers Dan

Seahorse
17-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I bought my seajay from them 12 months ago. I dealt with James and he was very helpfully.

All went very well.

Grand_Marlin
17-04-2012, 06:46 PM
From a trade point of view, I have dealt in withthem on a number of occasions.
Very knowledgable, very helpful, very professional.
They have been around a long time and you don't seem to hear any bad reports coming from their workmanship.

Cheers

Pete

Out-Station
17-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm with Pete, get all my yammy parts from them. I deal with Dave in parts, always good advice and prompt service, i get the lot shipped to toowoomba. Last week i quoted Stones and 2 other big brissy yamaha dealerships on all the bits and pieces to do a full 700 hour service. Saved myself $25 and $30 at stones versus the other two. Have a new tilt sender unit on its way as well at the moment, $13 cheaper at stones versus the competition. I've never even been physically to the joint and i keep going back, been good for me.

Scott

For Steve
17-04-2012, 07:06 PM
I've received good quality service and advice from Stones Corner Marine many times.

MyWay
17-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I have received also nothing but quality service from stones corner marine

johncar
17-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Bought a new boat from Wayne and plenty of bits and pieces and advice, all been good experience

novice23
18-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I had dealings with them back in 2006 - the guys in sales gave me top advice and steered me into an excellent boat that suited my every need.
However, the after sales service was extremely poor over the following 18months and since then I have never been back.
Rest assured, they have a great name, were highly recommended to me, and they wouldn't have been in business as long as they have without doing the right things - but they aren't for me.

My advice - buy the motor on price and judge stones corner and their competitors based on your experiences and how you find them.

Jeremy
18-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I last dealt with them over 10 years ago for a repower on a 4.5 m centre console. The job was not done as quoted and I had a great deal of trouble getting them to fix it up the way I wanted. Never been back and always SCuM to me now. Maybe they have changed since then...

dan sheard
18-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Any tips as to where to go as I have never brought new before.
Cheers Dan.

Grand_Marlin
18-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Each to their own.
If it were me I would talk to the people from different dealerships who have the boat, motor, trailer package you want and go with the one you are most comfortable with.

Cheers

Pete

truth stretcher
18-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I purchased my boat and motor from them , great service when purchasing , had a little problem with some springs on my brake calipers breaking ( within 2 hours of use ) . I purchased and fitted new springs myself off the trailer manufacturer because they wanted me to bring it to them and its a pain to get it there and all. etc etc.
Got the parts overnighted fitted them myself and a week or so later sent the lot in for its first service and asked if they could adjust the brakes.
They charged me I think $38 on top of my service cost to adjust the brakes, knowing what I had gone through with the parts and charged me I think was 5 hours labour for its first service , I dropped the boat off at 8 am and was contacted at 11am saying it was ready?
Won't go back for servicing or after sale parts or help.
This is just my dealings with them and my personal opinion.

KAHcorp
18-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with stones corner marine, I'm just about to buy a new outboard and the quote there gave me is not to bad.
Cheers Dan

The best in Qld!!

Smithy
19-04-2012, 10:07 AM
If you searched on here from the old days of Ausfish you will see a big saga for Heath, one of the old school of Ausfish who had major dramas with them with a rebuild on a 50 I think it was. That was just before Jeremy's drama played itself out on here.