PDA

View Full Version : Thorneside (redlands ) trailer fix up for RWC etc.

datamile
17-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Sadly boat has been sitting in the yard for 8 months, and just don't get to use it with Kid's commitments etc. The wife has said it time for it to go.

Boat is ok, but the 2004 trailer need a fair bit of work. I made a start myself, but I just don't have the time or knowledge/equipment.

Pads, rotors and cables are shot. ( too much just sitting outside in the rain ) Bearings appear ok, and structurally its fine. Think its a Dunbier 7m slide and tilt trailer with 525 stacer on it.

Got the capliers off after some brute force and heat on the bolts but time to get some else to finish the work.

Any idea what sort of price I'm looking out for parts and labour as I not sure where to find the right rotors for a good price etc. Just doing enough for the RWC and selling it.

I've seen mention of

: Queensland Trailer Spares at 7/27 Smith St Capalaba
: The Workshop Tyre/mech , shore street, cleveland.
: Piva service centre, redland bay
: Capalaba service centre , old cleveland road, capalaba.

or a weekend mech who be happy to do it. Guess it'll be a quick job for someone in the know.

Thanks Ian

Moonlighter
17-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Queensland Trailer Spares at 7/27 Smith St Capalaba

These guys are good, bought parts off them quite a few times and they were reasonable in price and quality.

Cheers

ML

timddo
17-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Mate. I just went through the same exercise. Rotors with bearings are $67. Brake pads are $12. Bolts fir calipers are $1.50 each.

Took me two hours tO do .
You will need some grease $11.50

A simple job really

timddo
17-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Brought at active fabrication . Beenliegh

datamile
17-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Ok. Its a redco RT400-MO ext trailer with 13x5JJ rims not sure if Ford or Holden.

To get the rotors off do I need to do the following ?

1) Remove the bearing buddies ? ( yes/no )

Now I'm not sure , does the rotor come off the hub, or do you remove the hub and rotor as one.

do i
2) looking at youtube, put the nuts back on the protect the studs.
3) whack between the studs to break the rust holding the rotor to the wheel.
or
2) remove bearing buddy
3) undo castle nut, pull the whole hub off.