PDA

View Full Version : How many fishing forums are you on??

wayno60
17-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Im signed up to 4 but theres only two that i really frequent. Here and the little piece of gold.:o.

Dignity
17-04-2012, 08:18 AM
two I think but like you I soon found that this was the only one worth while, any more and there wouldn't be tme for fishing.

Screamin Semen
17-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Gday there Mr Wayno :)

2..used to frequent this one with Jack reports but not much any more :/ now if I do post I will go for chicken.........

SS

Jarrah Jack
17-04-2012, 09:20 AM
I must be a tragic Wayne, I'm on this obviously then one in Vic and one in the NT. Each have their own different flavor but Ausfish, sitting between NT and Vic, has the best combination for me.

Shawn 66
17-04-2012, 11:40 AM
One is enough for me .
Shawn

MudRiverDan
17-04-2012, 11:49 AM
This one only.

This one is lacking lacking reports a bit in some areas of the Brisbane river and has a lot on the Pine, but in saying that, upstream of the gateway/city has not seen me any fish in the last 6 months at least.

It's good you can ask a question here and get some top notch info, you know, people that really know there stuff lurking around here..

Dan

pipifin
17-04-2012, 11:49 AM
plus one for one!

finga
17-04-2012, 11:53 AM
There's more then one??
Well bugger me. The things you learn here.

PinHead
17-04-2012, 07:49 PM
this one and sweetwater

bennykenny
17-04-2012, 08:24 PM
4 for me, all local ones and they all offer different perspectives. Ausfish is the best for advice, but can lack in reports, which i can understand as alot of people get shot down for keeping a feed of fish, i myself havent posted a report in god knows how long on here, but there are some good blokes on here and you can have a bit of an difference of point of view, and then they are there to offer you some good advice the next minute.

Feral
17-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Probably a dozen, depending on my mood which ones I look at. Probably 4 or 5 I would look at more than once a week.

usually breeze through here every few months until I get sick of the serial whingers then give it a rest for a while.

Muddy Toes
17-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Just the one for me......anymore than that and I'd be up the creek trying to remember the other passwords.

wamjam
17-04-2012, 08:57 PM
I only have time for one and I don't see most of this one. Hey wayno are you the meet and greet bloke on any other forums ???

Chas & Clarry
17-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered on 2 but only post on this one...

Got to say that I wish more reports were posted...but that is the case on the other one too :(

Tim

tunaticer
17-04-2012, 09:57 PM
I flick thru 3 every night and frequent about 4 others.

Scott79
17-04-2012, 10:27 PM
2, but I rarely see them both on the same day, and never together...

wayno60
18-04-2012, 12:05 AM
Wam, no this is the only one that i really post on.
Maybe a report on the others if ive got something important to say or show off.

kingcray
18-04-2012, 06:40 AM
There are some other good ones, but as some others said Ausfish is best for tips , info , advice etc.
Some are worth a browse but not worth the fee like Ausfish

Deano

bennykenny
18-04-2012, 07:04 AM
so for those of you who use more than one forum do you use the same user name for all or do you have different ones??

Jarrah Jack
18-04-2012, 08:56 AM
I flick thru 3 every night and frequent about 4 others.

Another tragic.;D

BK I'm Jarrah Jack everywhere. You could talk about the different forums for ages but I'd get into trouble. This is the best for knowledge that I've found by a long way. NT one is good for banter and barra. Still coming to grips with the Vic one.

nigelr
18-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Was on the Vic one before discovering AF, the Vic one was good initially but over time deteriorated into a bit of a running shite fight.
AF far, far superior for info and generally pleasant 'discussions' lol!
I'm on a US spearfishing forum which I'd rate on a par with AF, really well informed and helpful crew.

wayno60
18-04-2012, 10:41 AM
im wayno60 on everything....

choppa
18-04-2012, 02:29 PM
There's more then one??
Well bugger me. The things you learn here.

Scotty just got a new "phone" remember,,,, so forgive him please

4 for me, all local ones and they all offer different perspectives. Ausfish is the best for advice, but can lack in reports, which i can understand as alot of people get shot down for keeping a feed of fish, i myself havent posted a report in god knows how long on here, but there are some good blokes on here and you can have a bit of an difference of point of view, and then they are there to offer you some good advice the next minute.

Registered on 2 but only post on this one...

Got to say that I wish more reports were posted...but that is the case on the other one too :(

Tim

Now see ,,, there's half the problem, No One Reports

how can I indulge in a silent chuckle when there is no one having a go at another, over whether or not they released it,,,or ate it

it's not fair to Ausfish,, it's not fair to the Members,, and above all else,, it's not fair to the Mod's (how else can they justify their job if nothing is going down)

so, we must be united on this please,, any report that needs to be reported MUST be posted,, so we can pick the ***** out of it,,, thank you

OH the question at hand,,, Ausfish on lappie at home,,, 4 on work 'putor

choppa

snapperdan
18-04-2012, 06:23 PM
lets see. syd angler, fishne-t, scgfc, gcgfc, that does me for aus. THT, sportfishermen, boat design, , bloodydecks, cruisers forum, marlin nut, florida sports man, boat diesel,

most of them i use for googling things i am thinking of. Some forums have so much knowledge on them in the archives.

Fishing sites takeup way to much of my time but then again im the boss so.........

I got into this one as my unce oncle had a motel in Brunswick heads and i would visit him and fish with MONO. Loved all reports from the north coast. This site introduced me to 1770 aswell. Great place ,shame about the wind.
I couldnt beleive it when i found out ausfish charges for content (its the only site where i never had to change names through changing email or server meltdowns. Forums are a dying breed these days. Open the gates, get some good ad space and moderate trouble I say.

googarra
18-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Just this one for me, I figure I can annoy enough people with just the one

HeadBanger
19-04-2012, 10:11 AM
This one, Nugget's, and a couple of dedicated shark fishing forums.

Horse
19-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Mainly AF but I regularly visit Nuggets. There are a couple of WA sites worth a look every now and then. OS sites like THT, Stripers online, BD, and 360Tuna are worth checking out if you need info on something

charleville
19-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I used to visit Fishnet a lot but ceased doing that when I discovered Ausfish.

I have different names everywhere. They're not gonna track me down! ;D;D;D

I am also a member of woodworking forums all over the world and always with different names. :-? Often, you need to be a registered member before you can actually see pictures posted.

Goodoo haven
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I am with 2 and i have just recently become a full on member on here. The other one has most of its members in Vic and ACT.