PDA

View Full Version : cruise craft president/ executive 800 single diesel

myusernam
16-04-2012, 01:20 PM
How do these go? There is one for sale repowered with a steyer 300 HP diesel sterndrive. Originally not built to go that quick and more of a inshore cruiser but wonder how they would ride perform etc/ compare with a bertie 25 single diesel especially with the 300hp Offshore in NQ?

what was the difference between the pesident and the executive (cant remember which one this is)

mal555
16-04-2012, 01:46 PM
The President 800 is the planing hull, originally fitted with the 41 series Volvo (200hp) sterndrive and the Executive 800 is the semi-displacement hull fited with a 4 cylinder 130 hp Volvo, shaft and keel.
Both great boats, as is the Bertie, but the CC is definitely more cruiser/accomodation oriented with a smaller cockpit, if that's a factor.

The President with the 300 diesel would go very nicely, especially trim-tabbed on into a head sea.
I reckon they made a lot more Executives to ply the inshore waterways, thus the perception the President also falls into this category.
Usually (unless repowered) in a 25' Bertie, the factory would install the 165 (40 series) Volvo, occasionally a 200 hp, but a 165 is pretty lazy at cruise speed.

myusernam
16-04-2012, 02:42 PM
the diesel berties I am referring to are the repowered super/turbo charged ones..but they are still a bit slow.

Definatley the planing hull I am referring about then. Bit heavy for a trailer/ special vehcle required but does have the option as a haulout