PDA

View Full Version : Any polycraft Warrior (5.3) owners around nth morton bay

themerlin
11-04-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm after any polycraft owners who use the boat in nth morton. I have a Quintrex 470 bowrider at the moment and am thinking of getting something a little bigger, more stable for the bay.
I find the tinny a little rough on all but the 5-10 knot days. I just wanted to know what the polycraft are like on the bay. They seem a good trade off between tin and glass.

Thanks !

LittleSkipper
11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Gidday themerlin

Check out www.polyboatowners.com forum website for loads of info on Poly boats. You'll need to send the forum administrator a PM in order to register, this is to prevent spammers etc.

fez
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
themerlin,
I had one for three years, a 5.3 Cuddy Cab. 9/10s of my launches were from Scarbrough or Spinniker Sound and running all over the north of the bay.

Would be a good step up from the quinine, but like all boat each have compromises.
Advantages of the poly:
High sides, heavy, easy to fix small scratches etc, easy to add accessories, always felt safe in mine
Disadvantages of the poly:
Need max HP, can be wet (easily fixed), lack of storage (on the deck area)

They are not everyone's cup of tea but for what I wanted it did it exceptionally well. Let me know if there is anything else you wanted to know. I sold mine last year and went to a bigger boat than exists in the poly range, but would be quite happy to still have it.

fez

themerlin
12-04-2012, 08:22 AM
What did you sell it for if you don't mind me asking. They don't seem to have as good a resale value as a quinine.

themerlin,
I had one for three years, a 5.3 Cuddy Cab. 9/10s of my launches were from Scarbrough or Spinniker Sound and running all over the north of the bay.

Would be a good step up from the quinine, but like all boat each have compromises.
Advantages of the poly:
High sides, heavy, easy to fix small scratches etc, easy to add accessories, always felt safe in mine
Disadvantages of the poly:
Need max HP, can be wet (easily fixed), lack of storage (on the deck area)

They are not everyone's cup of tea but for what I wanted it did it exceptionally well. Let me know if there is anything else you wanted to know. I sold mine last year and went to a bigger boat than exists in the poly range, but would be quite happy to still have it.

fez

fez
12-04-2012, 09:35 PM
PM sent mate

Angryant
12-04-2012, 10:02 PM
For what it is worth, I had a 4.85 tinnie and it banged in the bay in anything above 10 knots or so. I sold it and bought a glass 5 metre boat and haven't looked back. I went out last Sunday and the bay turned into a washing machine; pretty ugly. I was far more confident and felt far safer in the glass boat than I would have felt in the tinnie. Fuel consumption is heavier (bigger motor?) but the ride is far superior.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Angry

themerlin
14-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I think every boat has its pros and cons . I would really mis the fuel economy of the 60 fs, the lawn mower uses more fuwl