PDA

View Full Version : Crab Pots

Grand_Marlin
11-04-2012, 06:26 AM
I just gotta say ... Hats off to the gurus who set their crab pots in the middle of the cabbage tree creek channel >:(
The channel is narrow, shallow and has a lot of boats including trawlers and VMR boats using it day and night.
I should have pulled them and thrown them up on the sand bank!

Cheers

Pete

Kdog
11-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Mate, I think VMR and the like should be allowed to remove them in a case like that, as you guys are out there to help boaties from mishaps and to save lives.
Hate to think you were heading out to help out a boatie in strife and you got tied up by a crab float on the way out, then the time it takes to untangle results in loss of life!!
Not to mention the damage they can cause!!

QuinTin
11-04-2012, 12:01 PM
yes their is some bright sparks around and the same people who put them their are the first to cry
when their pots have been run over and think they have been stolen :)

theangryangler
11-04-2012, 12:08 PM
yeo i navagated through 12 floats last week in there as well all over the place from side to side
there are some bright sparks out there

Seahorse
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
The pine is the same.

theangryangler
11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Ha The pine!! These morons that tie their pots to the pontoon next to the ramp at deep water bend boat ramp then complain when ye cut it off trying to tie up to go get the car GRRRRR >:( it makes me angry
the angry angler ;D

tunaticer
11-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread GM but these clowns should have thier pots confiscated by the right authorities.
Often wondered what the authorities do with the pots they confiscate for bad labelling etc??
There must be a huge mountain of them out there somewhere.
Maybe they should sell them off and raise funds for more inspectors??

captain rednut
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
i just experienced the same today when i was sea trialing a customers boat with a new yamaha outboard in the caboolture river this morning. i couldnt even plane as there was pots everywhere in one spot. if i was in my boat i would have moved a few. amagine how impressed we all would have been to damage his new engine hitting some dickwits pot in the middle of a channel. ???

Tailortaker
11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Same goes for Donnybrook, if it's not crab pots in the middle of the narrow channel it's a boat anchored !