PDA

View Full Version : gold coast easter sunday and monday

OPTI
11-04-2012, 05:51 AM
finally got out sunday with my wife ,went to the riv grounds ,only trolling 3 lures we went 4/4/1 in 3 hours.it was the hottest blue marlin bite ive ever seen.
the first fish [150kg] threw the hooks after some spectacular aerials,the second fish was bigger [200kg plus] is went nuts,it took 500m of line by the time i cleared the other two rods and with no sign of slowing down i went to sunset on the drag ,which slowed him down and he went deep ,by the time i strapped the rod to my wife and got the harness sorted the fish appeared beside the boat ,he managed to circle the boat before i realised he had done so and i run over the line:-[,just got the shot gun back in the water when it went off with another 150 kg blus tail walking all over the ocean,after an 45 min fight my wife was exhausted and couldnt wind any more ,so i had to take over and wind in the last 100m and we tagged that fish.the last hit the corner lure first then dropped it and smashed the shot gun ,he managed the throw the hooks before i got the lines cleared.we headed home at 12 as i wanted to get the reel re spooled for mondays trip.
back out monday with arron and shane ,i finally got the monkey off arrons back with his first blue around 150kg we also got a 20kg dolly,we had to work hard for the fish compared to the day before ,but still an awesome time on the water

Midnight
11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Well done Dave, good to see you getting into them.

Cheers,
Myles

rosco1974
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
awsome mate...am sure your missus arms would of been sore as..my missus would of givin up after 5 minutes...congrats on a great couple of days on the water
cheers rosco

team_mongo
11-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Good fish. That's the way big fish from a trailer boat:thumbup::thumbup:

TM

3rd degree
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Some cracking action Opti!

Hope there's still a few fish round this weekend

Cheers
Jim

bigdonk
12-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Nice work, i saw you guys out there that day, nice boat, i had my first hook up just passed 8am then lost the fish a while later. had a couple more come into the spread but no hook ups... Over 35 fish caught that day!!

OPTI
12-04-2012, 04:54 PM
yeah mate i saw you out there solo ,your crazy lol.was a awesome day.

bigdonk
12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Haha yea I had crew cancell, to good of conditions to ignore. It sure was fun bringing in 2 teasers and 3 rods in whilst hook up, oh and drive too. Lol was a good experience. It was good having so many boats ready to help out.. Might see you out there soon, hope they stay around..
Cheers

MyWay
12-04-2012, 10:18 PM
well done OPTI and Missus OPTI for great effort :thumbup:

I will try this Sunday if the sea calms down bit