PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Yamaha thumbs up

tin can marlin
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Got my f 60 serviced for the first time at Brisbane Yamaha and full credit to Aarons team they looked after my boat like it was there own. I have always used Wayne at stones but I will be using Brisbane Yamaha from now on.

dan sheard
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the post mate, I'm looking at buying a new outboard shorty so I might call in and see these guys.

Plasticin
11-04-2012, 07:14 AM
It is interesting isn't it. I recently purchased a the 50hp four stroke from them and due to them incorrectly fitting it the outboard caught fire on the third trip. Have just finished an absolute shit fight with them and ended up $350 out of pocket but at least I have my outboard fixed finally and properly fitted.

Will never use them again and cannot express my disappointment enough in how the matter was handled by the head of the service department. Fair to say has a lot to learn in terms of customer service and fitting outboards correctly.

Scott

lethal098
11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I have to say that i had issues with Brisbane Yamaha as well, Bought a Tinny from them with a 30hp engine, Then traded the 30 in for a Yamaha 40V 2 months later. The service up until that point was good. Then when they fitted the 40V they incorrectly installed the Tiller arm and never tested the operation. They never completed a full pre delivery that i found out when i had the first 10 hour service done by another Yamaha tech.

I took the boat out for a Test and could not get Full throttle in Forward gear.
Called the Shop and asked the question and they told me there was no way that could happen. Pulled the boat back up on the Trailer and investigated and Found the issue. Called them Back and informed them and they still didnt believe me. I went back passed the Shop and Showed them, They finally aknowledged the Fault at Install. Spoke to Aaron to tell him about it and he wasnt overly concerned.

Then after the First service issues i got a reminder call about the service and when i told them about the issues again i spoke to Aaron. he went on to tell me that the Service tech that did my motor was not a yamaha tech, he didnt know what he was talking about and he uses non genuine parts. This was before he even knew who the Tech was. Needless to say i wasnt happy and told him i would not return. He said good luck, hope you dont need us in the future.

Personal opinion, Sales guys were fantastic, Aaron and the service guys, well, not reccomending them thats for sure.

themerlin
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM
What did you pay for the service ?

TheSaint
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I have always used Wayne at stones but I will be using Brisbane Yamaha from now on.

Why the change?

price? bad experience???

johncar
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Geez always a scary prospect who to trust with servicing with what may be your life line at sea in the wrong circumstances. Or just dissappointing and embarrasing having an otherwise nice family outing day ruined by dodgy servicing and I lost count of the guys I have towed in who said "I just got it serviced" in fact that's what I most expect to hear.
Personally I have had both great and bad experiences from dealer servicing and had my engine maliciously mistreated by a dealer who had the Sh!ts because I didn't buy the boat from them.
I guess we are in their hands to a big degree and all we can do it to keep our ear to the ground and patronise quality operators who do good work and are helpful regardless of whether you bought from them or had the last service done by someone else or whatever.
They should all be on notice that forums like this will be harmful to them if they do the wrong thing or helpful otherwise and the word will spread faster that they can imagine.
I don't like being taken for a fool or a novice by some of these dealers and or service departments, been around boats longer than most of these guys have been alive and some of the BS that comes out of their mouths lets me know who not to trust. I just act dumb and say "really, I didn't know that or whatever and walk.
But anyway, gotta find a good Suzi dealer/service agent shortly hopefully somewhere Brissy northside to Sunny Coast, leaning towards Jeffers at Burpengary, any recommendations?

Chas & Clarry
12-04-2012, 06:23 AM
But anyway, gotta find a good Suzi dealer/service agent shortly hopefully somewhere Brissy northside to Sunny Coast, leaning towards Jeffers at Burpengary, any recommendations?

Jeffer's "Motorsport Marine" at Burpengarry are fantastic IMO. Keith really knows his stuff. Obviously you need to make your own mind up because it seems that everyone has a different opinion about pretty much any business that gets mentioned on this forum. Give Keith a ring or drop in and have a chat with him. (NB I have a yammy not a Suzi but I know that he is a Suzi dealer)

pegasus
12-04-2012, 06:44 AM
Seconded the recommendation on Jeffers Motorsports- good crew across the board. Get my Suzi 140 serviced there - well priced, professional, good service.

lethal098
12-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Yeah Jeffers for Sure, he looks after all of our Coastguard Rescue Vessel Outboards, Always willing to help, and always happy to have a chat.

Cheers Lee

Prowl n Wolf
12-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Geez always a scary prospect who to trust with servicing with what may be your life line at sea in the wrong circumstances. Or just dissappointing and embarrasing having an otherwise nice family outing day ruined by dodgy servicing and I lost count of the guys I have towed in who said "I just got it serviced" in fact that's what I most expect to hear.
Personally I have had both great and bad experiences from dealer servicing and had my engine maliciously mistreated by a dealer who had the Sh!ts because I didn't buy the boat from them.
I guess we are in their hands to a big degree and all we can do it to keep our ear to the ground and patronise quality operators who do good work and are helpful regardless of whether you bought from them or had the last service done by someone else or whatever.
They should all be on notice that forums like this will be harmful to them if they do the wrong thing or helpful otherwise and the word will spread faster that they can imagine.
I don't like being taken for a fool or a novice by some of these dealers and or service departments, been around boats longer than most of these guys have been alive and some of the BS that comes out of their mouths lets me know who not to trust. I just act dumb and say "really, I didn't know that or whatever and walk.
But anyway, gotta find a good Suzi dealer/service agent shortly hopefully somewhere Brissy northside to Sunny Coast, leaning towards Jeffers at Burpengary, any recommendations?if it helps gary from gd marine aka spaniard king, does both our motors and we live at beachmere. he travels but makes it easier for him if he has a few to do. great bloke and great service. (ps i have a suzi and yammy)

FisHard
12-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I've used Jon Eadie to service my 200 Suzi. He is mobile and I was happy with the price. He also gave good advice on prop selection.

Matt76
12-04-2012, 09:36 PM
It is interesting isn't it. I recently purchased a the 50hp four stroke from them and due to them incorrectly fitting it the outboard caught fire on the third trip. Have just finished an absolute shit fight with them and ended up $350 out of pocket but at least I have my outboard fixed finally and properly fitted.

Will never use them again and cannot express my disappointment enough in how the matter was handled by the head of the service department. Fair to say has a lot to learn in terms of customer service and fitting outboards correctly.

Scott

What did they do incorrectly to make it catch fire mate? That would have been bloody scary!

Damned67
12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
I lost count of the guys I have towed in who said "I just got it serviced" in fact that's what I most expect to hear.

Been getting my motor serviced by the dealership that sold the motor (to the boat builder). I developed an issue where is was losing steam, right around the time to get it serviced. Took it in, got it serviced. Still had the same issue. Got on here, asked a few Qs, and almost instantly sourced the problem.... Fouled plugs.
I guess I was naive thinking that an annual service would at least include checking the plugs!

Out-Station
12-04-2012, 10:16 PM
I try and stay away from boat dealerships and just get smaller time guys that concentrate on outboard's to do my service. If i was in brissy i would get the likes of John E, garry to do it. There's no yammy agent in toowoomba, so i buy the parts and have a yarn to Dave at Stones Corner,basis that discssion i determine what i want done then get the local outboard fella to do the service with my supplied parts. This way i know exactly what new parts are going in, i get the mechanic to give me all the old parts he replaced. I've only ever had crap mechanical service from the big boat dealerships even though they have big workshops.

Rodpal
14-04-2012, 11:20 PM

Hey John

I don't know about brissy yamaha cos i've never used them before, but everytime I've driven passed they always seem to have good stock and always busy .. that normally sais something

I can however recommend Jeffers motorsport marine at Burpengary and they are an authorised suzuki dealer, I had my 6.5 Fisher 175 suzi serviced there before moving up to Mackay about 6 months ago and man she hasn't skipped a beat (as usual). I wouldn't call them expensive by any means, just thorough, and you definately get what you pay for with these guys.

100hr service $670 - for that was a full enging service, removed the bottom of the leg, changed the gear oil and checked the impeller etc, replaced a fuel filter line (small crack starting at the connection) replaced a couple of electrical connectors going to the battery and sprayed the terminals with a yellow corrosion goo + a full printout report on the motor and service etc, they even took the time to run me through some interphase info to the lowrense I was having a bit of a drama with. expensive mmm I think not just good service and you definately get what you pay for.

Anyway safe boating to all

cheers
Rod

themerlin
25-04-2012, 02:52 PM
if it helps gary from gd marine aka spaniard king, does both our motors and we live at beachmere. he travels but makes it easier for him if he has a few to do. great bloke and great service. (ps i have a suzi and yammy)

yep I agree , much better value then the dealers as well. less overheads I guess
paid about 280 for annual service.