PDA

View Full Version : Need help sold boat but don't have a QLD registration Cert.

rumy1
09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I am trading my tinnie tomorrow plus cash balance for a larger boat. All was sweet until the wife noticed .... I have all the forms filled out for motor vehicle and Recreational ship rego transfers, a copy of the current Rego Certs ... or so I thought !!! The wife pointed out that I have the 2010 - 2011 Rego Certs not 2011 - 2012 Rego Certs. I have turned the house upside down and still can't find them. I will take the old Rego Certs, colour photos of current Rego Labels and receipts when 2011 - 2012 Regos were paid. I have read on the QLD web site that they will have to take details and post out new Rego Certs, surely they must be able to print something out that would suffice for me to give to the buyer???

Any-one have this experience???

Horse
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I would take what you have into the Dept of Transport and see what they can do. Its not up to the dealer to decide.

shy guys
10-04-2012, 06:52 AM
It's not a problem at all as long as you have one I had the same drama when I sold my boat went down to transport department they told me doesn't make a difference what year you have as long as its in your name to prove ownership

propdinger
10-04-2012, 08:21 AM
i lost mine also went to the tranport dept got a copy but she told me i didnt need it ? i got a copy anyway just to be safe. all she did was look me up and went from there didnt look at the older forms i had. and i never got charged a fee :O