PDA

View Full Version : mossy's big dummy spit

netmaker
08-04-2012, 12:00 PM
hi all. met up with mossy again this morning at mud. been about 6 weeks since i've been there due to all this crap weather. anyways, after a bit of a chat we got into the plastics drifts. not long into it and a little tinny goes flying past mossy - maybe 20 metres away but i think i am exaggerating. 10 minutes later another bloke lines him up and just about as close. another 10 minutes and another tosser comes full tilt between the pair of us. at that time i was casting a 1/8 jighead almost all the way to mossy's boat. had to get my line in quick or lose it. mossy lets fly with a few choice expletives and tosser looks at us wondering wtf was up. a few minutes later and mossy is on the plane after this clown. i reckon he used 5 bucks in fuel to chase him down and give him another gobful just in case he missed the first volley lol. apparently said tosser managed to ignore him. i dont know how but i think he may have been a bit embarassed in front of his mate. beats heck out of me why people do this - is it because they were late out of bed and must take the most direct route to their spot or are they just that tight they wont use the fuel to go around? i can understand at times mud is a car park but when its not why is it so hard for people to respect others when it is so easy to do? are they just that ignorant or simply dont give a toss about anyone else? anyway i for one am glad easter is over and look forward to nice conditions on a weekday again.

cheers
davo

Yellowjack
08-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Damn i wish I was able to go this morning! I could of drove and mossy could of launched slugs at them

This happened to me the other day (not at mud) aswell when I was in my kayak a complete idiot came past us almost knocked me overboard.

Muddy Toes
08-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Did you get up on the plane and chase him Jack?

Yellowjack
08-04-2012, 12:10 PM
I didnt go because I had family easter stuff this morning wish I did!

Muddy Toes
08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
I meant the other day when you were yakking.

Yellowjack
08-04-2012, 12:23 PM
If only I could paddle that fast lol!

tunaticer
08-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I was gobsmacked yesterday to watch a 5-6m cabin runabout at full noise weave through anchored boats off the side of the channel as he headed for Caloundra. The boat nearest me caught a fully airborne bow wave as this dickwit went within two metres of this elderly couple in a 12' tinny. The idiots were numbering about 4 in the 5-6m glass boat.

They were only the single most dangerous idiots I saw out of about a hundred boats not obeying the speed laws.

Where are the water police?? They should make car and boat drivers licences instantly disqualified for these breaks of the law. Between 30m and 10m the boat licence should go, closer than 10m both licences should go.

netmaker
08-04-2012, 12:41 PM
gotta say i was enjoying all the bow waves from the rich and famous on their way to horseshoe bay yesterday. deadstick was getting plenty of action without any input from me::).

Mossy247
08-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Hahahahaha usually I just flip them the bird but this was the same pair of muppets in their black 485 that did the same thing to me yesterday when me and my mate were fishing but there was no other boat near us. Go wider its not hard. My mate nearly went a-up. Lets just say they were lucky they didn't get a bucket grinners in their boat i sure caught a few?

netmaker
08-04-2012, 04:24 PM
i just wish you had told me before you took off. would have come for the fun and got the camera out. would have made a good post lol. reckon it would be a good idea to go do some donuts round these ignorant gits once they're all anchored and comfy. see if the shoe fits the other foot.

Funchy
08-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Was at the beacon on the yak on Sat with Tunaticer and some FW in a 5 metre jobby comes past at a rate of knots. Yak was ducking and weaving and bouncing in the wake. I was standing on the sand bank casting in and went over and stood on the anchor rope so it wouldn't have a problem. After the tsunami past I went back to filckin placcies, decided to moved, sat my butt in the yak and WTF...wheres the paddle????? Seems old mates wake had caused so much tipping of yak that the paddled had dislodged from the tether and went floating off down the passage. Luckily a nice yound gentleman and his eaqually nice Dad spotted it and putted up to me and returned said paddle. Very thankful to them (:thumbsup: if ya reading this!!)

I think they are not out to actually piss people off I think they are just not thinking about the consequences of what they are doing, which really equates to being inconsiderate. (You don't have to consciously be inconsiderate to quallify)

Rant over, merry easter!! :D :D :D

Scalem
08-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I knocked back 2 offers from deckies who wanted a fish over the Easter long weekend, staying on terra firma so far, despite how nice it looked at Scarbourough boat ramp Yesterday ( saturday) and even watched a bloke scale his catch of snaps up to 57cm.

It was just nice to watch every other person battle the Easter crowds for a change, I'm not that desperate to get the Yalta wet, it'll happen soon enough.

Scalem

Bull
08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
I wonder how much of it is due to the fact they don't know any better. I saw some funny things on the water over the last couple days that's funny peculiar not funny haha.
I came past Mud today I wish I had of known you were there Dave I could of come past and given you a little something you could of surfed lol
cheers Brett

netmaker
08-04-2012, 07:21 PM
you'd be sorry brett. i would've sicced mossy onto ya;);D

Chas & Clarry
08-04-2012, 07:28 PM
It was just nice to watch every other person battle the Easter crowds for a change, I'm not that desperate to get the Yalta wet, it'll happen soon enough.

Scalem

You weren't watching people at the Deep Water Bend ramp on Saturday were you Scalem??? ...there was a bloke doing that when we came in, ie he was chatting to the boaties as they came in, and saying that he keeps off the water on Easter

Dicktracey
08-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Damn i wish I was able to go this morning! I could of drove and mossy could of launched slugs at them

This happened to me the other day (not at mud) aswell when I was in my kayak a complete idiot came past us almost knocked me overboard.
What was he on a 2 man Kayak Jack ;)

Dicktracey
08-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Hahahahaha usually I just flip them the bird but this was the same pair of muppets in their black 485 that did the same thing to me yesterday when me and my mate were fishing but there was no other boat near us. Go wider its not hard. My mate nearly went a-up. Lets just say they were lucky they didn't get a bucket grinners in their boat i sure caught a few?
No wonder i got the invite for tomorrow !!!! You looking for a big hitter to finish what you start Mossy ?
I told you to work on those Chicken wings Mossy and you'll get a little more Cred champ ;)

Mossy247
08-04-2012, 08:01 PM
No wonder i got the invite for tomorrow !!!! You looking for a big hitter to finish what you start Mossy ?
I told you to work on those Chicken wings Mossy and you'll get a little more Cred champ ;)
Pfftttt, I can handle my own DT, I just politely reminded the gentlemen that there is quite a large area for them to move their boat which doesn't require them wide open 10 meters from by boat when they got the so much room. Don't worry mate I am going back into training, better get on the juice!

Dicktracey
08-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Still hoping to get outside wed thu boys if wind stays away, tub booked in with The Grand marlin tue am shouldn't take long ?
If the swell and SE stays away might even go out wed morn still,stay tuned :)

Scalem
08-04-2012, 09:47 PM
You weren't watching people at the Deep Water Bend ramp on Saturday were you Scalem??? ...there was a bloke doing that when we came in, ie he was chatting to the boaties as they came in, and saying that he keeps off the water on Easter

Nar, not me. Took the wife for a trip over to the redcliffe coffee club for breakfast and then watched the Scarby ramp for a while. If I had the boat on I would have found a lull at about 10am when I was there, no big line up. One bloke even had time to stuff around, he had the boat winched onto the trailer, but decided then and there that the esky needed a wash.. While the car was still there, boat and trailer up to the mud guards in water. So there was plenty of time for that, no hurry.

Great to see that the weather has turned out nice for so many, for a change, despite the antics Mossy and others got to enjoy!

Scalem

Mossy247
08-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Oh it isn't just over Easter, some people just live in their own worlds and others are just straight up tool squeezers. LoL

MudRiverDan
08-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Had two guys set up right next to me on a beach gutter at 4 am in the morning, would have been around 10 meters shoulder room they gave me, needless to say the current soon dragged my line right over theirs and had to keep winding in.
I left with a good fish I caught earlier but did think it a little inconsiderate..

Dan

BillyT2382
09-04-2012, 04:54 AM
lol ya should've had me with ya mossy i would've done the "Haka" on them!! :P

Feral
09-04-2012, 05:53 AM
I'd reckon 90% of people who pass me while fishing are breaking the rules. None of them slow down to the required speed, most are within 30m.
Strangely enough I get more people slow down if I'm in the yak rather than the boat, which is strange as the yak can handle the "tosser waves" a lot better than a small tinnie!

Those that "sort of" slow down are the biggest gooses, most of their boat make more waves "ploughing" at 10 knots than they do on the plane.

Lancair
09-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Thats the one I hate most, when they sort of slow down to about 10-12knots, just on or off the plane throwing out a 2 foot wake. The same tossers do the same thing in a 4kt/NO WAKE zone in a local creek, they must think the reason for the zone is speed safety, but its the wash that is eroding the banks that is the reason for the speed restriction.

BLOOEY
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I think these people know exactly what they are doing, just too full of their own importance to give a sh1t. Ben

sandbankmagnet
09-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Mate, over Easter you can bet your life that this stuff will happen. Same as between Chrissy and Boxing Day. Not worth going out in my opinion. I like a bit of peace and quiet and hate crowds.

Noelm
10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I reckon you should toss a Snapper head at them!! jesus I get a luagh when I think about that thread!

Stuart
15-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Two words guys, Sling Shot. I always have 2 onboard and a packet full of 3 ball sinkers.

PinHead
15-04-2012, 05:13 PM

you going to poke your tongue at them???

Geez Mossy...you must be a bad tempered bugger and you have not even reached the GOM age yet.

WalrusLike
15-04-2012, 08:06 PM
This threads got me thinking of my distances. I am crap at judging distance.... I know what the footy field markings look like, but never can mentally translate that on to the water. I will trial it with some beacons on the gps... But it can be out as well.

I have a few questions about all this. I really would like to do the right thing and share the water happily without giving anyone any grief.

Say for instance your on the plane in a 5.75 glass boat rounding peels sw beacon heading to Manly. There's lotsa boats there drifting or anchored fishing. How far off them should we be? 50metres?

Next thing.... Since the wake keeps traveling till its spent on a shore, what difference does it make 100 metres or 50 or 20? Obviously apart from allowing for anchor lines and fishing lines and scaring the fish. .

What about when you are in a narrow channel on the plane and there is a tinnie anchored just out of the channel. Should you slow down or keep going?

It seems to take a while after I drop off the plane before the wake is much smaller... Need to get down to about 4 knots I think before it dramatically reduces.

Any thoughts? I don't want Mossy firing up and chasing me waving his fist and teaching me new words.... 😄

(sorry for using your name in vain Mossy.,, we haven't been introduced so I really shouldn't be taking those liberties)

theoldlegend
16-04-2012, 07:04 AM

Do you mean "Haka" or "Hopoate" Billy? Then you could be a real pain in the arse.

TOL

Shawn 66
16-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Thats like the gentleman near me at Dohles Rocks yesterday . There I was drifting along in my own little world , and this gentleman thinks it would be a fine idea to anchor 5 mtrs away from me directly in the drift line . Did I say or do anything ? , no , I thought that if this gentleman thought nothing wrong with doing what he had done , then giving him a gobfull or belting him was not going to make him grow a brain .
( The above is in no way a rebuke for the actions you took Mossy )
Shawn

Mossy247
16-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Do you mean "Haka" or "Hopoate" Billy? Then you could be a real pain in the arse.TOL

The smell of stinky bait is enough for me don't know about no stink fingers on my boat. LoL

Pinhead - pretty much hit GOM at 21, it suites me I always been a GOM in waiting.

I don't want people thinking i am some kind of nut case who goes around abusing people cause it's not me. I'm a lover not a fighter but when it happens once shame on you but 2 days in a row, close enough to spit on.... shame on me.

I try to be curtious of other boaties and common sense is a big part of it, no need to pass me within 15 mtrs at wide open when they got the whole bay.

lucee81
16-04-2012, 10:47 AM

I recall a couple of months back i was fishing with Davo and while i was on bait he was on plastics his famous last words were "since switching to plastics i catch less scavangers" i admit not his exact wording but close enough;D;D

isnt a grinner a bit of a scavanger??? i could be wrong we dont target them as bait fisho's so i dont normally have them in the bucket;D;D

Mossy247
16-04-2012, 12:15 PM
isnt a grinner a bit of a scavanger??? i could be wrong we dont target them as bait fisho's so i dont normally have them in the bucket;D;D

Really? I always thought winners were grinners! Any of the grinners that land on my deck usually end up down the throat of my mate sea bird just lucky I use Z-man's or it would cost me a small fortune to keep catching grinners.;D;D

Didn't think the bait guys target much as they spend 90% of their trips re-baiting :P

lucee81
16-04-2012, 12:36 PM
[Didn't think the bait guys target much as they spend 90% of their trips re-baiting :P[/QUOTE]

Thats cause your doing it wrong....:D:D
i

netmaker
16-04-2012, 01:56 PM
I recall a couple of months back i was fishing with Davo and while i was on bait he was on plastics his famous last words were "since switching to plastics i catch less scavangers" i admit not his exact wording but close enough;D;D

exact wording: catch less vermin. my definition of vermin includes sharks, rays and catfish:P. grinner is in its own class;). and i do know someone who has eaten one and declared it as good as whiting (just more bones):-?. reckon he must have been real hungry... and i dont think anyone targets them either. but we all know that fish in general prefer plastics to bait so it's hardly suprising that plastics boys catch more grinners than bait boys::). they catch more of everything lol;D

lucee81
16-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Vermin. that was the word i was looking for.... Im heading out this saturday Davo will you be about? going to leave whyte Island about 5:30 i hope. Dont rekon i will be trying one any day soon.

cuzzamundi
16-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I know where you're coming from, Mossy, and sometimes the ol' temper gets the better of us. Have had it happen to me countless times over the years, and like you said, the first time you get annoyed but accept it. Anytime after that and it SEEMS almost intentional. Gotta wonder what they're thinking (or not thinking).

I even have it happen landbased. Had a mate recently who almost turned into a prophet by walking on water. Fishing livies from the bank, and same tossers cruised (at least 10kts) back and forth along a semi-narrow part of the river. While I was wondering what this tool was thinking, my mate tried to walk out to him tio get some wnswers as he slowed. Poor mate didn;t realise she dropped quickly after the bank, and was in up to his eyeballs. Out he came, and the most epic spray towards the culprits ensued. Their reply was that there were no other boats in the vicinity, so their speed wasn;t an issue. Didn't bother explaining that that wasn't the issue.

Takes all types.

Cuzza

netmaker
16-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Vermin. that was the word i was looking for.... Im heading out this saturday Davo will you be about? going to leave whyte Island about 5:30 i hope. Dont rekon i will be trying one any day soon.

weather continues as forecast lucas, i'll be out at the banks with jason p.

lucee81
16-04-2012, 03:30 PM
i considered it, got friday off work how far is the banks in kms???

netmaker
16-04-2012, 04:16 PM
roughly 50 from mooloolabah i believe.

pescados
16-04-2012, 04:51 PM
My idea might not be correct but hey cops are never around when you need them.
So if they put lives at risk, a sling shot, ball bearings, sinkers or what ever else takes you fancy and fire away.
Idiots like that don't deserve any better.

fisho8
17-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Easter's always a fun time on the water I braved the crowds on easter Monday and I can say Mud was a carpark hence the reason we did not hang around long way too much boat traffic. I was up the Scarbrough Ramp on easter saturday with my young bloke in the morning and it was madness. Dave I have come close to giving people a mouthful for being inconsiderate it is everywhere these days. Mossy if someone did that to me they would have copped the same thing.:)