PDA

View Full Version : Trailer parking only so why do cars insist on taking all of the trailer spots

weekendfisher
07-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Really just having a whinge here but against my better judgement i took the family and extended family to berowra today for a picnic and a run in the boat...
I get that it is a beautiful spot but it also a major boat ramp why do single cars feel the need to take all of the trailer spaces it really is frustrating it took forever to find a spot because so many cars had consumed them and gone off for the day.
One guy did tell a car to move along and go and park in the car spots people are just selfish and inconsiderate.
anyway pleased to say the ramp moved pretty quickly and no dramas to speak of
anyway my rants done now....

AnthonyL
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
When I see people parking their cars in the trailer spots I tell them the council is around fining people as they arent supposed to park there and they move real fast lol.

timddo
07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
When I see people parking their cars in the trailer spots I tell them the council is around fining people as they arent supposed to park there and they move real fast lol.

If only that works. Most of the them just give you the middle finger and walk off.

bf90
07-04-2012, 11:09 PM
the trouble with the general public today is no one gives a rats about anyone else sadly it is just getting worse

Feral
08-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Yeah one of my pet hates.
Most boatramp parking areas are not marked for trailers only, so people are not used to it even if it is marked. Some areas do mark them and fine people who park cars there, but not to many.

Similarly most boat ramps are rated for 4.5 tonne gross loading (car, trailer and boat combined) pisses me off when I see big boats being launched from these ramps. They chew up the end of the ramp something shocking, but once again nothing ever done about it.

MTAQ/BTAQ
08-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Another good one is to tell them some random, angry fishermen will "key" their car if they leave it in the trailer bay. Just a friendly warning - it tends to have an effect.

Stuart
08-04-2012, 01:52 PM
I use to park behind them so they couldnt get out, well at least untill the guy beside him left anyway. I warned one guy that parking your car in the boat ramp might end in damage to your car buy other cranky fisherman, so once he left I let down 2 tyres. Its my pet hate as well, and arrogant ones at that get my full attention.

PinHead
08-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Ignorance has no boundaries at times. At Spinnaker today, heaps of boat and trailers in the marked single vehicle areas also.

Yellowjack
08-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Leave a bit of paper on the windscreen saying, ''dont drive too fast, are you your sure brakes are working?''

Living close to public transport people move our bins and park right out the front of our house(almost over our driveway sometimes), i put a bit of paper with that on the windscreen...never again do they move our stuff to park.

datamile
08-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Cops did loads of people at Cleveland point yesterday.

Stuart
08-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Cops, raising revenue for the goverment. Thats what there moto should read.

Bros
08-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I use to park behind them so they couldnt get out, well at least untill the guy beside him left anyway. I warned one guy that parking your car in the boat ramp might end in damage to your car buy other cranky fisherman, so once he left I let down 2 tyres. Its my pet hate as well, and arrogant ones at that get my full attention.
Two wrongs don't make a right.

antg2378
08-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one thats seen it at Redland Bay. I presume its usually Bay Island residents or visitors parking in the trailer spots due to the lack of parking for them. Have to admit the few occasions I saw parking tickets on the screens I was pretty happy someone was keeping and eye on the trailer spots, it gets extremely busy down there at times.

dan12345
08-04-2012, 08:10 PM
thats exactly what i used to do:) its surprising how pissed off they get when u don't get back to the ramp until about 5 or 6pm an they yell an shout an carry on, an then go really quiet when i point to the sign in clear view that see cars with trailers only, an would they prefer i call the council car park man to come down to sort out this dilemma. but now i have a newer car so i just call the council man straight away instead