PDA

View Full Version : Club Marine Insurance?????????????

Back In Black
07-04-2012, 02:17 PM
My boat is insured with Club Marine, & costs me about $2000 per year. I recently had a disgruntled staff member vandalise the boat, smashing the hardened glass sliding window on the helm side. I didn't worry about claiming, as the excess cost more than the replacement. I then spent about $7000 upgrading the security to such a point, if you can get it, you"ll deserve it. I took images & forwarded them to my broker & he in turn sent them through to Club Marine. The insurance us now due, & when questioned, they wouldn't give me a dollar off the premium, so we are now with Nautilus. Pretty disappointing- main thing I'll miss is the magazine!
Tony

onerabbit
07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Tryin' to feel for ya.

Muzz

charleville
07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
You were paying for the magazine. You probably could have saved $30 or so off your annual $2000 bill if you had asked to not get the magazine. ::)

That would have made a difference to you. :-?

The magazine is worth nothing though as they hand them out at every boat show.

choppa
07-04-2012, 03:50 PM
You were paying for the magazine. You probably could have saved $30 or so off your annual $2000 bill if you had asked to not get the magazine. ::)

That would have made a difference to you. :-?

The magazine is worth nothing though as they hand them out at every boat show.

this is a valid point,,, my number 2 daughter works for an insurance brokerage,,, Club Marine is part of their portfolio,,, they get 4 dozen magazines delivered at each print cycle,,, saving me the extra $$ in the premium

choppa

Back In Black
07-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Tryin' to feel for ya.

MuzzAny sarcasm in that Muzz? Just thought I picked up on it a bit.
Tony

Tailortaker
07-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Good move, I'm with Nautilus as they under cut club marine and with a cheaper excess

Back In Black
07-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Tailortaker,
They came in $500 cheaper but I went from a $500 excess with Club Marine to a $1000 excess, but my logic is that the majority of claims would be when my boat is unattended, not when I am with it, so the $7000 is an investment as far as I can see. If nothing else, I sleep better at night knowing the level of security.
Tony

Yellowjack
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Disgruntled staff member?
Tell us more!

Back In Black
07-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Yellowjack,
I sacked my office administrator, yes, a female, & we had a very heated email discussion a couple of days later. A day later, when all the staff were in the smoko room, she jumped the fence & smashed the window. Called the cops & when he saw the damage, asked me had I sacked anyone recently. Upon saying yes, he told me it was a female. I said how the hell do you work that out? He said she attacked my side only, not the passenger side, even though it made her come further into our property with a greater risk of being seen, saying it was a very "emotional" attack. He asked me what I'd do. I told him I'd jump in the cabin, smash all the electronics, smash the cowling covers on the way out & then rip a bar up both sides trashing the paintwork. He said, yep, because thats what a bloke would do.
I sent her an email that night, just saying "be very, very careful", just to let her know I knew. The cop paid her a visit & assured me she would never come near me again. What do you do? If it was a bloke, you"d sort him out, but a female??
Hence the expenditure on security!!
Tony

charleville
07-04-2012, 06:36 PM
he told me it was a female. I said how the hell do you work that out? He said she attacked my side only, not the passenger side, even though it made her come further into our property with a greater risk of being seen, saying it was a very "emotional" attack.

If the perpetrator had to come further into your property to do the deed, could that be because that is not the side that might be seen from the street?

Not critiquing - just curious about the cop's deduction based on that evidence.

netmaker
07-04-2012, 06:39 PM
re-employ her and take your damage bill out of her wages, then sack her.

Yellowjack
07-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Get her where it hurts.... smash her kitchen to pieces!

Back In Black
07-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Netmaker,
I'd rather troll her as a live bait
Tony