PDA

View Full Version : Easter mayhem

WalrusLike
06-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Big tides at Easter caused the usual mayhem.

Today in the areas around Cabbage Tree Point there were boats everywhere sitting high and dry. A jet ski cut the corner in a nartow channel and came to a shuddering halt to the obvious surprise of its rider.

At the Slipping sands there were people tugging on a tonne of boat trying to get it reunited with the receding water. That reminded a couple of others to look at theirs... Also parked in a no-floating zone.

Two ningnongs on skis with lots of water around to use decided they needed to do a hard turn around the nose of our anchored boat.

Another one backed his ski off the beach and then set about putting gloves on or doing some other fiddly task that took all his attention. He was surprised to hear my cheery ahoy just behind him as he drifted backwards towards us. I was lucky he didn't panic and squirt the go juice because then we would of worn his watery high tail.

I can see why some of you stay off the water over Easter.

Still it was kinda fun looking around with plenty of interesting sights to see.

charleville
06-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I can see why some of you stay off the water over Easter.

Yup - that's right.

fisho8
07-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Yeah I was up at the Scarbrough Ramp this Morning about 8.30am with my young bloke boat ramp was 3 wide for over an hour it is amazing how little some people know about launching boats. Might head back up this afternoon at about 3-3.30 should be good for a laugh. Spoke to a few of the guys from the redcliffe coast guard poor blokes are flat out.

bluefin59
07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
This is point Vernon chaos on the bottom of the tide, the bird holding the half cabin was giving crap too everybody who turned up before them . It was a great laugh while we where having lunch on the grass at the top of the ramp, I'm going down this arvo for another laugh Matt

bigjimg
07-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Happens all around and is only getting worse.Up at Somerset Dam on Fri at Kirkleigh and a serious lack of interllect by many at the helm.Won't be going there again......I am not allowed to describe the place on here.Jim

NoBananas
08-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Im happy working this Easter. Looking out I can see Horse shoe, Deanabilla and the little ship's is packed out at night. There must be plenty of activity during the day. Im happy to not to be on the water can't imagine what the ramps are like :P