PDA

View Full Version : Amazing what u see just having a beer.

deckie
06-04-2012, 05:01 AM
Having a beer on the balcony of the Newport Arms this afternoon soaking up the rays. We watched plenty of comings and goings at the Bayview ramps but something didnt look quite right about a 5m glass cuddy slowly coming out into Pittwater. Looked incredibly low in the water from a distance so i watched it coming closer, yepp REALLY low in the water, then it slowly turned and made its way past the pub and i went WHATTT THHHEEE FFFFFFFF !!

Just how do u get 11 adult guys in a 5.5m cuddy ? Yepp i shit u not. Plus what looked like the bow rope used for launching (or maybe the anch rope i couldnt tell) dragging in the water off the bow roller. Doing 4knts like a barge.

WalrusLike
06-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Short handed like that, there probably wasn't anyone spare to do the little things like securing ropes etc.

😁

johncar
06-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Just another boatload of illegals, the smaller boat probably not as likely to be detected ;)

deckie
06-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Heyyyy...or maybe its the first unofficial sighting of Australian Refugees leaving the country ? Are things that bad ? They were definitely heading out rather than in.

Its times like this u really wish u had a telephoto lens on your mobile.

charleville
06-04-2012, 09:52 AM
This is why I don't go boating at Easter. The calls to the VMR services that I usually hear over the radio are usually too distressing. Often, they will go something like, "We have three people in the water."

lucee81
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
went fishing at hope island this arvo and seen a four seasons bow rider carrying 10 adults. it was the 5.5mt job that i have and thought they are only rated for 6 adults. my mistake obviously... oh caught nothing but the guy next us had been catching undersize bream all day and keeping them when i told him the legal limit he was none to fussed and went along his merry way catching and keeping undersize bream. some people cant be told.
So its been a good day i have learnt that my boat can now carry 10 instead of 6 so that brings the share of fuel down and we can now keep bream of any size so our catch rate is up. i must be living back in NT where there is no limit on bream.

Dignity
07-04-2012, 07:29 AM
oh caught nothing but the guy next us had been catching undersize bream all day and keeping them when i told him the legal limit he was none to fussed and went along his merry way catching and keeping undersize bream. some people cant be told.

Just take your mobile out and start taking photos, he might change his mind fairly quickly or at least move on.

Jarrah Jack
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Where they wearing Rabbitoh colours?

charleville
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Where they wearing Rabbitoh colours?

Are you implying that they were "elites"?

;D

Gazza
07-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Nahh , Early peakers ;D