PDA

View Full Version : Macks in the new esky bag

carnster
04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Been trying out my new PrecisionPak esky bag this week. Been Blooding it a fair bit but also keeping it clean and looking good. The clean up is a piece of cake and it anchors to my yak like a glove using its many clips, which helps my stability when hitting a breaking wave. The insulation and a couple of frozen bottles keep my fish cool and i have been hanging out for it especially this week while i have been able to stay out till 8 or 9am due to school hols. Plenty of spotty macks and schoolies around to catch and put in my PP, particularly south of the border. Nico even tried my PP and liked it so much that he wants one; he reckons that it keeps the fishiness out of his hatch and away from his gear. Makes for easy carrying too.

GBC
04-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Is that boat from south of the border? I was watching one and would have been all over it if I didnt just buy an OK a month prior - women....

Tell me it goes like an ebay special and broaches like a rowing skull - please.

Nice macs.

Did a DI mack run the weekend before last for 30 kts and foam so thick we didn't know where the ocean ended and the beach began.

nigelr
04-04-2012, 06:54 PM
you're a marvel carnster, hope you won't have white pointers or zambezis following you....those boks are all madmen!

Yellowjack
04-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Looks great mate!
Not sure if im experienced enough for these sorts of trip in a yak!
Just curious how many people do you go out with for these sorts of trips!

Cheers,
Jack

carnster
04-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Looks great mate!
Not sure if im experienced enough for these sorts of trip in a yak!
Just curious how many people do you go out with for these sorts of trips!

Cheers,
Jack
Sometimes solo, sometimes one or two, occasionally
ten or more. When the swell is up like it has been it is nice to have a bit of company.

thelump
05-04-2012, 07:30 AM
They look great Carnster. Can you tell me a few things about them? Length overall and price and where to get?

carnster
05-04-2012, 07:58 AM
They look great Carnster. Can you tell me a few things about them? Length overall and price and where to get?

I found this website, it has the dimensions (3 sizes) Approx $120 for the 1.1m bag. There is an orange one (slightly cheaper) also.

http://www.wilsonfishing.com.au/_products//PrecisionPak/Yakcatch+Kayak+Insulated+Storage+Bags-267-6939-.aspx

http://www.wilsonfishing.com.au/_products//PrecisionPak/Yakcatch+Kayak+Insulated+Fish+Bag-267-6938-.aspx

I know they sell them locally at the currumbin boat shed tackle shop. But not sure about brisbane.

Dicktracey
05-04-2012, 08:48 AM
The boys at the Tackle Shop Carseldine have them on the shelf !