PDA

View Full Version : Boat seat options

Owen
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Looking for some new seats for the boat. Need something with a nit of lumbar support.

BCF has some but the upholstery is stapled on
BIAS has simiar units that are stitched at abot $200 each

Saw these on ebay which look similar in style but quality is unknown
Anyone have first hand experience with them?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BOAT-SEATS-PAIR-ULTRA-COMFORTABLE-FISHMASTER-GREY-WHITE-/360446989028

Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk

TREVELLY
03-04-2012, 06:38 PM
They look to have a bit of foam.

My reservations would be durability and strength of aluminium hinge and the number of stitched joints - all a weak spot to tear.

Also aluminium hinge - does it have different metals there as they would react with one another with salt and water.

I bought some raeline seats - pretty expensive but they do put in three different density foams and contour and also use marine grade foam - anyway not trying to show off but as you can see there can be a bit of a science to it and they charge accordingly.

Trust this helps - good luck.

Stuart
03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Ray-line seats on the Gold Coast.

Eug
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM
i've also been eyeing off some of that ebay sellers products and they seem ok in the pics. wouldn't mind hearing also if people have purchased from them.

rae-line are expensive as all hell, one basic seat will set you back almost $200. i have a set of rae-line in mine (from factory) and while the quality is good, the cushioning is pretty average to say the least. gotta start paying mega dollars (i.e. $300+ per seat) before you start getting into the comfortable rae-line stuff.