PDA

View Full Version : Vasard 7.5mtr Centre Cab

ashleyhj74
01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
G'day all, well, finally replaced my old Spearfish 21. Found this locally, fully-rebuilt Mercruiser V8, mid-mounted with a jackshaft to the sterndrive leg. Trailer all new brakes 18 months ago (needs to be lowered alot, thats on the to-do list). Basic sounder/gps/radios/etc. Roof needs to be raised (wasnt made for people 6'5 tall......). Everything seems nice and solid (well nothin moves when my fat ass walks around anyway). Just needs some cosmetic trailer-related scratches repaired, good cut and polish and a few other things that I want to do because i'm a picky bastard :)
Anyway, main reason for the post, does anyone know the history of the hull? (I know its too late now since I own it and its in the shed, but i'd still like to know. I've been out in it, loved it (exhausts could be louder, gotta be able to hear a V8.......that'll be fixed too)). They were apparantly made in Bribie Island QLD. It does have a sterndrive leg now, it was getting rebuilt in the photo.
Cheers, Ash
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/DSC03133.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/DSC03132.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/DSC03143.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/DSC03149.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/DSC03134.jpg

ashleyhj74
02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Goin to need trim tabs too, gotta research them more, unsure on size/brand/etc. There are some well priced ones on Ebay outta the states thats appealing right now. Unless anyones gotta suitable working second hand set? :)

captain rednut
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
hi ash
its a great boat and i know the guy who owned and built it himself. he caught lots of big snapper on her and fished in some very crappy weather, Ive always liked the hull and wondered were it got to. i hope you get as many fish as he did.
cheers Jim

Jarrah Jack
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
hi ash
its a great boat and i know the guy who owned and built it himself. he caught lots of big snapper on her and fished in some very crappy weather, Ive always liked the hull and wondered were it got to. i hope you get as many fish as he did.
cheers Jim

It ended up in Geelong for a while by the look of it. If it could handle PPB it could handle anything..........

Floating Rib
02-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice looking boat ash, hope you get plenty of use out of it, heaps of room by the look of it. Look forward to hearing how she goes for you.

Smithy
03-04-2012, 09:15 AM
There is another guy on here with one. It was originally called Mortal Kombat with a Volvo Penta petrol. Nick bought it off Kane and he is Black and Blue on here. He renamed it and put a diesel Steyr into it to the Volvo leg. I think he had leg problems then so he might have put a new leg on it. He was trying to sell it but dunno if he did. Some of the Tweed Heads boys might chime in.

I like the concept of them. Jack shafted so your weight is in the middle and you fish right to the transom other than the little steering box. The bunks down below are good for a centre cab. The only thing similar is a 25' Luhrs. A guy here on the coast has one which has a similar cab and bunks down below but as a bridgedeck with engines underneath and he has twin 170hp Yanmar 4 cyl diesels to shaft drives.

Greg P
03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Pretty sure I have seen that one tied up to a pontoon at Newport waterways Rob. Great looking boat. Gee that guy on PPB must have had oversize ones - don't fancy fishing winter with that set up down there brrr !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH565L
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Hi Ash, just letting you know I haven't forgotten.

Ive tried to find out more abut the origins of this hull and have had no luck so far.

As it was built on Bribie, opefully some of the guys on here will be able to shed some light on it for you.

Regards,
Spiro

ashleyhj74
03-04-2012, 06:49 PM
G'day guys, appreciate the replies. Yeah for what I paid for it, I reakon i'm on a winner.
Captain Rednut - PM Sent
Jarrah Jack - Its still in Geelong, couldnt believe that i'd find a boat like this round the corner from our shed.
Floating Rib - Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah i'm hopeing to use it more than the last boat, perfect for what I want. Bay/offshore (portland for tuna, etc).
Smithy - Yeah I searched the forums on here and it came up with that Mortal Kombat guys post saying he owned one, but his username wasnt registered anymore. Always liked the Luhrs, got the original Sport Fishing magazine from the 90's with the test on the runabout and centre console versions.
Greg P - The boats got full custom clears which run from the side of the console out to the coamings and back along the side for a bit, so it basically makes it into a wheelhouse. I spent over $2000 on a similar setup on my last boat (Spearfish 21 centre cab/console), this one came pre-done. Although when we raise the roof i'm goin to have to get all the clears extended, you get that but.
Spiro - G'day mate, yeah thats all good. To be honest i'm not fussed if I dont find out anymore, since I own it and all. But yeah, as i said, i'd just like to know.

The Woo
03-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Ash.... Well here's a blast from the past! It looks identical to the Vasard I worked on for the owner on Bribie for a few years.
Real nice bloke, he lived virtually opposite the last carpark on the surf side. It had the same engine/shaft/and stern drive then, and he did a lot of hours in it. My fading memory says the fella who owned it when I serviced it purchased it off the original builder on Bribie as RedNut says.
I too always admired the hull, and especially the layout, and although never ran her in any weather, the balance was nice. No rocket ship, but had a solid feel.
It will need tabs though, I don't remember if it used to have them (I'd recommend Bennett tabs for longevity).

Believe it or not I actually remember slicing a finger to the bone on one of the horrible stainless steel vents when lifting the engine box. I'm clean, don't worry :)

Tailortaker
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't know if this helps but Vasard Marine and Bribie Pontoons are the same company.

ashleyhj74
04-04-2012, 04:08 PM
The Woo - G'day mate, yeah that engine box is a heavy bastard of a thing isnt it? I'll keep a eye out on those stainless intakes, they havent caught me yet ;) Yeah it needs trim tabs for sure, not for getting onto the plane or holding plane (one of the most trimable boats, up and down that is, i've ever driven), just side to side would be nice to adjust. Its a completely different feel power-wise than my old 200hp carby 2-stroke, the motor needs a good tune/throttle adjust and a few other things my old man wants to do (the joys of having a mechanic for a father), i'm happy with the way it goes now, speed aint everything (<- ok i'm lieing, i'd like it faster......). But its only a fresh motor, so it'll loosen up a fair bit.
Tailortaker -G'day mate, yeah I have rang them. Completely different people own/run that now and they really have no information on the previous owners. Cheers, Ash

dugggy
04-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Hey there,nice looking rig!! Do you happen to have any pics of the jackshaft setup at all?
Regards,
Doug

Rodpal
04-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey Ash74,

Man .. that sure is a blast from the past, i had to check some old photos (kodak that is) and yah i've been out for a couple of trips in that old girl years ago (no gps in those days) he navigated off his sounder, lights and landmarks, darn good skipper to. The guys name is Paul and he was the original founder of bribie pontoons and built the boat on bribie .. O and she fished a treat so hopefully some good karma there for you.

haven't seen him for over 10 years but she rode like the mercedes of the ocean

nice looking hull and great userfriendly layout .. i'm sure your goin to be stoked with her man

Cheers
Rod

The Woo
04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
The Woo - G'day mate, yeah that engine box is a heavy bastard of a thing isnt it? I'll keep a eye out on those stainless intakes, they havent caught me yet ;) Yeah it needs trim tabs for sure, not for getting onto the plane or holding plane (one of the most trimable boats, up and down that is, i've ever driven), just side to side would be nice to adjust. Its a completely different feel power-wise than my old 200hp carby 2-stroke, the motor needs a good tune/throttle adjust and a few other things my old man wants to do (the joys of having a mechanic for a father), i'm happy with the way it goes now, speed aint everything (<- ok i'm lieing, i'd like it faster......). But its only a fresh motor, so it'll loosen up a fair bit.
Tailortaker -G'day mate, yeah I have rang them. Completely different people own/run that now and they really have no information on the previous owners. Cheers, Ash
Yes mate, heck of a heavy engine lid, quiet though! lol
And tabs on any decent boat are only needed for lateral trim. Deep vee's like this tend to want to lean into the wind, so something is needed to correct it, and correct the trim when your mates wander from side to side while underway :) The old owner usually fished alone, so was probably sensitive enough to trim it just by moving the esky :)
It really is a nice boat, great to see she's survived so well. And no, speed isn't everything. I'm sure the genuine early 20's cruise speed is just perfect for 90% of the days offshore, and I bet she's super relaxing and quite on the troll, with excellent directional steering stability due to the good, not bum-heavy, weight balance.
Thumbs up bro :)

outwide1
04-04-2012, 09:31 PM
There is another guy on here with one. It was originally called Mortal Kombat with a Volvo Penta petrol. Nick bought it off Kane and he is Black and Blue on here. He renamed it and put a diesel Steyr into it to the Volvo leg. I think he had leg problems then so he might have put a new leg on it. He was trying to sell it but dunno if he did. Some of the Tweed Heads boys might chime in.

I like the concept of them. Jack shafted so your weight is in the middle and you fish right to the transom other than the little steering box. The bunks down below are good for a centre cab. The only thing similar is a 25' Luhrs. A guy here on the coast has one which has a similar cab and bunks down below but as a bridgedeck with engines underneath and he has twin 170hp Yanmar 4 cyl diesels to shaft drives.
Theres not too many boats you don't know about out there Rob.
Very handy guy you are.;)

ashleyhj74
05-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey there,nice looking rig!! Do you happen to have any pics of the jackshaft setup at all?
Regards,
Doug

G'day mate, I dont have any photos with the floor section up above it at the moment no. Basically its just as it sounds, a jackshaft/driveshaft (smaller than a cars) running through a centre bearing from the back of them engine to the sterndrive leg. All pretty simple really, plus it frees up a hell of alot of space at the transom compared to a standard sterndrive box. The exhausts run down the outsides of the stringers, it had massive fibreglass mufflers in there, they wont be going back in. Going to put some smaller free-flow marine mufflers in there so it sounds like a V8

ashleyhj74
05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Hey Ash74,

Man .. that sure is a blast from the past, i had to check some old photos (kodak that is) and yah i've been out for a couple of trips in that old girl years ago (no gps in those days) he navigated off his sounder, lights and landmarks, darn good skipper to. The guys name is Paul and he was the original founder of bribie pontoons and built the boat on bribie .. O and she fished a treat so hopefully some good karma there for you.

haven't seen him for over 10 years but she rode like the mercedes of the ocean

nice looking hull and great userfriendly layout .. i'm sure your goin to be stoked with her man

Cheers
Rod

Gday Rod, thanks mate, i'm completely happy with it so far, and I havent even fished it yet. I just loved the shape/layout the moment I saw it. I saw the two others for sale on Boatpoint (one centre cab, one cuddy) at the time for $49K+, you know how it is, dont have that kinda money sitting around, just drooled over the photos. Then I manage to buy one, in the same town as i'm in, around the corner from our shed. Couldnt believe my luck. I'd love to see the old photos if you have the technology to transfer them into a email mate? Cheers, Ash

Tickleish
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Beautiful boat Ash, If you ever want to sell it give me a yell -I'm serious, I've got a little Yanmar lying around that would be perfect in that boat.

Make sure you give us some fishing reports from her.

Cheers

ashleyhj74
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Beautiful boat Ash, If you ever want to sell it give me a yell -I'm serious, I've got a little Yanmar lying around that would be perfect in that boat.

Make sure you give us some fishing reports from her.

Cheers

G'day mate, yeah i'd love a diesel for it (pity the prices for them are so high), I havent even spent half a hour on it in the water yet haha, so I reakon i'll keep it for a while thanks all the same, it took me just on/over 2 years to find a replacement for my Spearfish 21, and I never thought I would for the price I got this for (unless somewhere down the track someone makes me a offer I cant refuse of course......but for the forseeable future, I cant see it leavin my possession :) ). Ripped the Chev out of it today actually, some of the wiring is just beyond a joke, this is the same wiring thats apprantly all just been re-done too........ Goin to go over everything and re-do all the wiring on the motor/everywhere else. My old mans a retired diesel mechanic, he's all for the soldering/shrink wrapping, so I know when its done I can definately say "the wiring is all perfect and re-done", and not bullsh1t about it :) Also goin to look at any bigger camshaft options for more grunt, and replace the bearings on the jackshaft and probably repaint the engine (its all freshly painted, but eh, mose well do it again while its out).

dugggy
07-04-2012, 05:55 PM

Does your set up look anything like this?
Doug

ashleyhj74
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
That picture wont load mate

dugggy
07-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Sorry ,should work now.
doug

ashleyhj74
08-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Um, not really, thats way more "complicated" than mine. I have no pulleys/belts etc at the transom. Theres the flywheel on the back of the engine, cover over that, jackshaft bolts straight to that, through under the floor through 2 centre bearings then into the sterndrive leg as it normally would if the motor was connected straight to it i'd assume. The picture showing the cockpit on page one, that small "box" on the transom that runs from the centre-ish to the side is where the steering/gear/etc controls are. Between that and the engine theres nothing but driveshaft, gearshift cables/steering, oh and the exhausts run on the outside of the main stringers.
Interesting new fact (Well, new to me........), also found what appears to be a 2nd fuel tank running below where the driveshaft is. Cant see that its hooked up to anything at all, added it to the list of things to do.

ashleyhj74
21-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Ok, thought i'd add a bit of a update. Boat is off the trailer and on a cradle, and all without dropping it onto the concrete, rather happy with that ;) Engine is out (took that out prior to removing the boat from the trailer), gave it a good flushing with SaltX a few times prior. Possibly might rip the heads off for a look, I know I was told it was all rebuilt, but as my old man is a retired mechanic, he'd like to know himself that everything is cool. Got no dramas with that.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/photo2.jpg
Bought a heap of trailer parts to aid in the conversion from wobble rollers to keel rollers/side skids/etc. Found a bloke a couple of hours from me with a heap of trailer parts going cheap (from a trailer manufacturer that shut down). Axles will come up good with a going over with a flap disc, bit of a prime and respray with decent paint. Gotta swap the axle mounting positions from below to ontop of the springs, and get new springs.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/photo.jpg

ashleyhj74
21-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Still unsure on what how i'm going to raise the hardtop. I'd love to get rid of it all together, but its got basically brand new side clears that go with it, as in the pictures below. Current thinking is making a new support system to raise the hardtop, then get a front clear to cover the gap between the top of the existing windscreen and the hardtop (about 150mm, possibly higher, might round it up to 200mm). At least then in summer I could remove the clears and get a heap of air flowing through. Of course the side clears would have to be extended to suit the extra height, but thats easily done. The rear sunshade/bimini setup goes back to far for my liking, plus the canvas is alll stuffed so thats gotta be redone. Unfortunately with the design of the side clears that has to be on so they fit, thats why I'd like to shorten it a bit maybe. At the very least get new canvas and a zipper for access to the rocket launcher. Once again, still not 100% on all that.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/EbayListing4.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/EbayListing3.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/EbayListing5.jpg

ashleyhj74
21-05-2012, 03:53 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/EbayListing7.jpg

I might even get rid of the rear bimini all together and just make it so the clears can still fit so its just like the picture below, but with the clears on. (The side clears mount off the rear bimini setup. That bolts on halfway up the sides of the hardtop. So to remove that, and still have the clears, it'll involve making up rails/something to mount the clears where they currently do, still not 100% on that haha)
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p215/ashleyhj74/EbayListing2.jpg

sambos
08-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Hey guys .I know this boat well.I ve spent hours workin on it with the original owner Paul Vasicek,one of the best fishos around.a very smart man also ,he started vassard marine many years ago and decided fishing was better than working so decided to sell the now very succesfull poontoon side of the buissness.Only 2 boats were sold out this mould (which I have in my possesion.Your boat was named "prospector""it was the colour it is but obviously has been resprayed .The entire deck casting was white which i now notice has some blue on it .The boat rides extemely well with the center mounted motor/weight.Mid 90s this boat was sold to a guy on bribie .Gary,He sold it about 5 years ago which is obviusly when it whent south.
The other boat sold from this mould was grey gunal and rest white it was a diesel with duo prop leg and was original named "richochet" and went to the president of a gold cost fishing club early 90s this is the one mentioned in earlier posts with the new diesel in it.I worked on it with him from polishing the mould for the gelcoat to be spayed through to the water test.
There are a couple of others out there but they were built as mate deals using the mould so not labeled as a vassard as such.
Paul lives up at sandstone point and is currently producing a half cabin model which will have outboards.The boat is about 3/4 built ,but has to fit between fishin trips.

DALEPRICE
08-07-2012, 08:07 PM
lot of history in that for sure,
Paul lives down the road from me and currently has a sportfish.
Good luck with modifications she is a fine boat.
cheers dale

Tim_N
09-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Dale has got it right, Paul now owns a Sportsfish.
Paul sold this boat to Gary, a local real estate agent on Bribie, and he too caught plenty of fish out of it. The boat then went South.
From all reports, it is a really really good sea boat.
Tim

ashleyhj74
09-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate all the comments and info. Cant wait to get the bloody thing on the water, ah well, do it right first all the picky sh1t and I dont have to do it again

ashleyhj74
25-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Ok, well I notice its been well over a year since I put anything here. Boat is still "in progress" as funds allow (wouldnt it be awesome to win Tattslotto?). Trailer is mostly done, just got to add guides along the side of the keel rollers to centre the boat. Then its onto priming/painting the trailer inside/out. The boat has been stripped pretty much bare, its going in for some minor floor repairs and a general tidying up/re-flowcoating of the floor. Plus filling all the holes I dont want. New higher bowrail. New bow sprit/anchor setup. And getting rid of all the light blue colour, going white top deck, dark/royal blue sides/transom, just from the chine to the rub rail. Been collecting alot of parts from the good folks at Ebay and Gumtree. Picked up a alloy T-Top (with fibreglass top) off something American off Gumtree, $500, absolute bargain. Solves my roof-raising problems and I think it looks awesome. Cant find a photo of that, i'll dig one up somewhere. Once the colour change/etc has been done, then its onto completely rewiring the whole boat cause the "rewiring" job that was done on it before I bought it was absolutely woeful and I wouldnt trust 10mm of it. Motor has been rebuilt properly, once again, unlike when I bought it and it was just "rebuilt", gotta assemble that. Um yeah, bout it really. Its been a slow process, but hey, it'll be all worth it in the end.

FisHard
25-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Looks great! Must be tough having such a horny looking rig you can't enjoy....yet.

ashleyhj74
31-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah its a bit annoying just having it sit there. But, do it right once the first time and I shouldnt have any dramas in the future.

sjp2
31-05-2016, 07:51 PM
well ????? 21/2 years later any progress or have you got too old to use it and go with mates instead :D

Smithy
01-06-2016, 05:36 AM
I did see a half cab one for sale at Bundy 18months to 2 years ago. It looked the goods. It had a diesel in it.

sjp2
02-06-2016, 07:45 PM
in Hervey bay now Smithy ,with a new Steyr in it but looking a bit dated and old inside and heavy at 3200 kgs with the trailer (minus fuel at a guess
)plus as with ashleyj74 a bit of a project by the looks of it ,with $55 k on her .A reasonable.a stabi might be the go with those kind of dollars.

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Wow 2 1/2 years, i'm on the ball with my Ausfish posting :-?
Ok, update, still not on the water. But it miiiiiiight look a little different to the last photos. These photos arent the newest, they're a few months old now (yes the overspray is gone). Gunwhale rubber is on, T-Top roof is on. Colour looks awesome, couldnt be happier. Theres probably101 things that have been done since my last update oh so long ago, but you cant rush these things ;). (apologies for the photos not loading as photos and only links, cant remember how I did that better?)

Cobbo1
05-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Love the boat mate, looking forward to the finished product, cant see your most recent pics though

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Oh and on a related not, now I read back through this thread. Alots happend in 2 1/2 years. The almost 6 months off work without pay due to a broken ankle at home, good times. The basically 12 months it spent at a "mates" getting "fibreglass work" done on it and a not-so-small-bill to have it come back with holes "filled" with gelcoat repair filler (or that one awesome job of a broom stick cut off and shoved in one hole then a bit of sika then some car bog, quality ::)) plus a few other "repairs" not worth mentioning......cause everything that was done has had to be re-done properly. But, thats all in the past. Its now in the hands of a mate whos taken it to a whole new level (and properly filled 100+ holes in the top deck, ie : ground back and glassed..........not car bogged..........). Its been foam filled. The interior all ground back and re-flow coated so everything internal matches front to rear. Dash/helm area has been re-done. T-Top painted/fitted. Its now got a new gunnel rubber all round since these photos. But to say i'm happy with the current state of it would be the understatement of the year. Its now above and beyond anything I could've imagined

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 11:58 AM
They dont even work to click on? Dammit, hang on i'll see if i can fix this

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:00 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113307

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:00 PM
woah thats big haha. Ah bugger it, this way will do ;D

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:02 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113308

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:02 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113309

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:03 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113310

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:04 PM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113311
These photos are a bit old now, some of it was just after painting so the cleaning up was still in progress.

Cobbo1
05-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Still not working for me mate, might be something on my end

ashleyhj74
05-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Well thats not ideal. I just logged out and the pics show up, and the links work to click on? Weird. I dunno what else to do mate?

3rd degree
05-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Not working here too...

ashleyhj74
11-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Ok, lets try this uploading of pictures again.......if this doesnt work.......yeah i've got no idea. These photos were all taken today

Fishbait
11-06-2016, 10:21 PM
The photos look really good mate

3rd degree
12-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Looks awesome!

Smithy
13-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Thanks for trying the pics again for us. Looks top shelf!

ashleyhj74
18-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm beyond wrapped with how its coming up. Once the bottom of the hulls all redone and any other things i'll update this more regularily hopefuly

ashleyhj74
29-06-2019, 05:05 PM
Haven't been on here in, well, years it seems. So thought i'd update this if anyone's interested. The boat is pretty much exactly as it was in the photos from 2016. Except possibly more dust......... Life, it happens. A combination of life events/car-related things/accidentally buying a 5.5mtr Angler Cat (it happens, don't judge)........ Yeah, this project probably isn't going to progress anytime soon unfortunately. As much as i'd like to complete it, the cat is just the perfect size for my current needs/wants. Always the way isn't it? The right boat at the wrong time. Anyway, I own the Vasard outright so it's not like i'm making payments, but it's way to good to sit in a shed. But as I no longer have a tow car that can tow it if/when it's done, not much point in going any further. I'd appreciate some thoughts/opinions on a sale price as-is, feel free to throw ideas on pricing too me, I won't get offended (can't guarantee I won't laugh/cry too myself.......). I'm well aware i'll never get back what I've put into it if I do sell it. This is still a hypothetical sale post, and apologies if this should be in another section.

Getout
30-06-2019, 06:41 AM
Seems like a shame to not finish the marathon, but sometimes, despite the original plan, other events and opportunities change the course. It pays to move on and not look back.

ashleyhj74
30-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Just thought I better add what it needs...... The bottom of the hull/transom (polish/paint) to be tidied up, the motor assembled/fitted (all head work is done, block machined. All brand new parts are sitting in boxes ready to go in (there's either a carby setup or a aftermarket efi/fuel injection setup there). The exhausts fitted/routed (there's hose/stainless steel mufflers/tips included). The jackshaft kit fitted (genuine Mercruiser kit, $4k retail according to the dealer I got it off). The sterndrive leg fitted (fully rebuilt at Sealink Marine in Melbourne). All the wiring done (there's none in the boat basically). Gauges/controls/steering fitted (all there). Trailer painted (i've got paint/primer there from Cost Effective Maintenance/Xtroll) and the braking system fitted (there's a complete AL-KO Breakaway system that come's with it).
Essentially it's a bare hull that needs fitting out. But basically everything is there to do it. Only extras would be a bow rail (the old/existing bow rail is there, but it's a bit low for my liking) and batteries and time.
The bare hull (just fibreglass and empty alloy fuel tank, don't think the T-Top was on it at the time) was 1280kg. And the trailer (no breakaway brakes/spare tyres/just a bare trailer) weighs 780kg, that was weighed on a weighbridge.

gazza2006au
30-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Just because u have another boat make this boat your priority for the long run i only put in a couple hours here and there because life is throwing me curve balls but chip away at it bit by bit look into the future rather than what tomorrow brings nothing happens over night, i bet if u sell it in 3 years time u will be thinking about this boat and where it ended up

these things can be knocked over in months but if ujust put a little in over a long time and it pays off it'll be worth it life long journey accomplished so to speak, there are guys on here starting there boats after mine and they have already finished and i bet i have a shit load more free time than them too make it a long term goal to finish her

catshark
01-07-2019, 08:30 PM
man if i had some dollars i would throw them at you, such a beautiful style about that hull, im sure someone will take it off your hands, it would be a task to finish it as majority of us are time poor theses days .i might come knocking if i get the phone call from the Lotteries lady..

regards to the angler cat, can ya give us a sniff on pros and cons, i considered getting one some years ago.....

FisHard
01-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Dam I wish you were selling 12 months ago before buying the Blackfin (current project~nearly done)!

ashleyhj74
02-07-2019, 09:07 AM
man if i had some dollars i would throw them at you, such a beautiful style about that hull, im sure someone will take it off your hands, it would be a task to finish it as majority of us are time poor theses days .i might come knocking if i get the phone call from the Lotteries lady..

regards to the angler cat, can ya give us a sniff on pros and cons, i considered getting one some years ago.....

The Anglercat was at a dealer in Melbourne, I just went to have a look, didn't have any intentions of buying. Looked over/in it/under it/got a finance quote and bought it without even taking it on the water (yes, that was potentially a stupid move, well aware of that). Perfect boat for me. I haven't had it offshore yet, but it's ridiculously good on the crap Corio Bay chop. It's stable (my old man's only got the use of one arm so stability was a key factor), huge cockpit. Single 115hp, gets on the plane quicker than anything i've ever driven, with little/if any bow rise. I know i've said it already but the ride is phenomenal, couldn't be happier with it. It's just now that my old mans ute has blown up and my Discovery doesn't go so I don't have a tow car, hence the selling of the big boat potentially.

ashleyhj74
02-07-2019, 09:09 AM
Dam I wish you were selling 12 months ago before buying the Blackfin (current project~nearly done)!

I've been following your Blackfin project on facebook, yet another stunning build mate :thumbup:

CT
03-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Have you got a build thread link? The Haines build was great so would be keen to see your next project.

FisHard
06-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Have you got a build thread link? The Haines build was great so would be keen to see your next project.

Thanks! I’ll do one when she’s finished as it’s too hard posting multiple pics on here from my phone.

Robnic
11-11-2022, 09:24 AM
126363Well the Vasard has found it’s way to the West, if Ashleigh is still on the page it would be awesome to have a chat after all of his hard work before deciding to say goodbye to the project. Hopefully I will be able to pick up where he left off and get her on the water sooner than later with some updates along the way