PDA

View Full Version : 5M Wahoo / Legend trailer setup problem, help needed

Alan TSV
31-03-2012, 04:59 PM
We purchased a second hand 5M Legend (wahoo) a few months back. The hull had some scraps which I repaired. We have not really used it a lot. All the damage that was on the hull when we purchased it is back. I think old mate ditched the boat as it is a total mungrel to get on and off the trailer.

Anyway, the hull middle section is a flat plank, tapering wider at transom. The trailer is flat timber in the centre with white slide plastic, two long board on the sides , plus a walk rail ( gel coat grater). There are no rollers.

When the boat is winched it pulls of the narrow centre slid and removes gelcoat onto the walk platform, same happens when launching.

Today we retreived the boat by sinking the trailer, Landcruiser wheels touching water, still slipped off and needed one person pushing it sideways, whilst one person winched it,

Anyone here have a similar boat on trailer I could have a look at and see what mods I need to do.

Cheers

Alan

Waraba Mick
31-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi Alan, not sure on your location i have a 5 metre wahoo (2002 model) on a full roller dunbier trailer, is totally trouble free re on and off the trailer and no the trailer does not need to be dunked. Iam located Caboolture Qld if that helps.

Alan TSV
31-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks Mick,

We are in Townsville. could I trouble you for some pictures ? please. mine is a Belco trailer, we love the boat, just the launching and retrieving sucks, I am sure it can be fixed. my email - aadeaner@tpg.com.au

Cheers

Alan

Waraba Mick
31-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Alan, i will take some photos of the set up tomorrow and send them to you. I purchased my rig from Roy Jervis when he was building them and the trailer set up was spot on i never had to make any adjustments.

Mick.