PDA

View Full Version : the idiot parked at tangalooma

Humdinger
31-03-2012, 06:03 AM
would just like to know what sort of idiot parks a boat half way between the beach and the wreck at tangalooma . at least 50 metres of rope floating out the back of it . not a light on it . it is a red and white about 5 metre alloy . very lucky it didn't have 2 other boats sitting on top of it last night .

shy guys
31-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Shy guys were there as well no moon late last night tryng to duck up behind the wrecks to get out of wind and chop luckily was only going slow but nearly hit the boat no lights at all and it had 2 anchores out one to beach and one out front which is not a problem but he was at least 50 meters from shore could of ended a lot worse cheers shy guys

ovakil
31-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Few weeks ago I was anchored on western side side of wrecks.I saw all snorklers in water from resort swimming along wrecks.Then this 60 fter pulled up on other side wanting to tie up to wrecks.Lady on the back of duct board shouting to them to get out of the way.WTF I was going to put my dive gear on go under & cut there ropes.
Unbelievable some people,got a large boat & think every one has to get out the way of them.

ifishcq1
31-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Just Cause and 20ran
there are exceptions to the mooring light rules under the Small Craft Anchorage law
I am not sure but it is worth checking out contact your local marine authority
if the area there is a recognised anchorage then it is possible no anchor/mooring lights are required

cheers

MTAQ/BTAQ
01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
You must display an anchor light at ALL times you are at anchor, the designated anchorage (or attached to the shore) only exempts you from an "anchor watch" which means when you are at anchor there must be someone on deck, awake with a torch and a flare to signal any vessel that they are there.

MEGA'bite
01-04-2012, 09:03 AM
its common sense to have a light on, well maybe not for some

Humdinger
01-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Just Cause and 20ran
there are exceptions to the mooring light rules under the Small Craft Anchorage law
I am not sure but it is worth checking out contact your local marine authority
if the area there is a recognised anchorage then it is possible no anchor/mooring lights are required

cheers
laws or not only a complete moron would anchor there like that . no moon pitch black night right on the northern entrance .

ifishcq1
01-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I agree with all the opinions and yes only a goose would not use lights at night

cheers

kingcray
01-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Justcause i feel your pain. Spent the night on the Pine last night, and over the course of the night there were not 1, not 2, but 3 boats getting around with zero lights. I almost hit one anchored near the wreck marker, although he did turn his anchor light on AFTER i went past.. and whilst cursing about it to my mate, had to swerve to miss another about 100 m further on. Again NO lights at all at anchor.
3 in total for the night. The other was travelling at rather high speed towards deep water bend.
It is very dark through there and it is hard enough dodging the trillions of crab trap floats alone without adding these morons - no wonder pots are always going missing up there, these guys are just about invisible

Deano