PDA

View Full Version : chaffey dam

Ryan the slayer
27-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Hi heading to chaffey dam tomorow for 2 days just wondering if anyone has fished it latley are there really trout in there has anybody caut any any info would be greatly apreciated.

MudRiverDan
27-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I have not been there in a while though when I was there 12 months ago I had a good cod follow my spinner-bait in there.

Try spinner-baits in the early morning and afternoon, or smaller hard body lures.
or if you are using bait use yabbies ,shrimp of large worms at night.

I think the spinner baits would be worth a shot, waste of time fishing midday sun there.

No trout in Chaffey though in the day the odd stream rainbow could be found in the river below the dam, but mostly below the river after the dungowan river flows into it
which flows from Dungowan dam that is a closed off water supply and holds whopper trout.

Used to be a lot of nice Trout below Dungowan dam, but depends largely on rainfall.

If you want trout in driving distance from Chaffey get a map and Find the Mc Donald river above Bendimeer and up around Niangla (40-50km from Chaffey), (some good water around Niangla + some other rivers that I forget the names of).

cheers

Dan