PDA

View Full Version : I quit! The weather has beaten me!!

ThePinkPanther
27-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Like I mean how can you win against these mongrel winds? :helpa:

I reckon it has been blowing (almost) continually since around Xmas time and if it ain't windy it's raining! :smash:

20 - 30 knots with the minimum most days being 15 knots, just enough to make it lumpy! >:(

I have had my boat in the water ONCE in the last three months ....... and I'm retired so that should have made it easier to luck a few days now and then. :wut:

With most of my non existant fishing and crabbin' being in the northern part of Moreton Bay (Cleveland), hardly a day has come along whereby I know I will have a nice, calm few hours to wreak havoc on them scaley critters. :thumbsdown:

Anybody else feel like this? :furious2:

Funchy
27-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Feel ya pain mate. Time to improvise perhaps. Have you thought trying a protected freshwater spot? Keep your chin up mate, it'll come good.

Yellowjack
27-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I know how ya feel!
Went down to the pine today, was planning on going for a kayak but way too windy!

I pick up my own kayak on Thursday, i bloody hope its good weather this weekend!

Cheers,
Jack

Gon Fishun
27-03-2012, 03:55 PM

I reckon it has been blowing (almost) continually since around Xmas time and if it ain't windy it's raining! :smash:

20 - 30 knots with the minimum most days being 15 knots, just enough to make it lumpy! >:(

I have had my boat in the water ONCE in the last three months ....... and I'm retired so that should have made it easier to luck a few days now and then. :wut:

With most of my non existant fishing and crabbin' being in the northern part of Moreton Bay (Cleveland), hardly a day has come along whereby I know I will have a nice, calm few hours to wreak havoc on them scaley critters. :thumbsdown:

Anybody else fell like this? :furious2:
:furious2::angryfire::thumbsdown::'((:bigcry::broo d::hammer::veryangry::wut:
Lifes like a box of choclits.;D

fat-buoy
27-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I look out at my boat in the driveway and it makes me sad.. hahahahahaha but seriously I have only been out in it 3 times since I bought the bloody thing... I only just looked at Seabreeze before opening this forum and again was dissappointed with the wind and swell for the next week.. pfft

Mossy247
27-03-2012, 03:58 PM
It is rubbish this weather..... Thinking I should get rid of the tinny and get myself a another dirtbike.... just how to hide it from the wife???? hhmmmmm.

johncar
27-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Absolute crappy weather as you say. Owning a boat requires much patience at times and I have seen this come an go many times. It will come good and we will all be back at it and so long as the Trawlers haven't killed everything there might be a fish to catch..But it will be nice to be out there anyway, Looking very much forward to it and hope I can remember how to launch my boat and start it all up run the electronics etc :/

fishfeeder
27-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Mossy leave the dirtbike in a mates shed and see him when its blowing its ass off..
I am looking at getting the better half an ATV so she can go play in the dirt also (means more days for me !!)

As for the weather I am thinking of getting a sailboat...
NOT really is am not that desperate (yet) :-[

spelchek
27-03-2012, 06:41 PM
There is always a bend in a river that's out of the wind. Some of you ladies really need a few tablespoons of cement in your diet. Getting wet won't kill ya, ya know. :)

hilta1
27-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Well guys, I am In Tasmania and let me tell you... it is and has been bloody beutiful since xmas!!!! Have fished and dived almost EVERY day Just can not believe how good we have had it, BUT something tells me it may just come to an abrupt halt very shortly!!!! Then i will come up your way for a couple of months to 1770 or the sunshine coast. will bring the kevlacat up and will probably leave it there to sell, just not getting to use that boat enough to warrant keeping. Regards Mark

mowerman
27-03-2012, 06:51 PM

Anybody else feel like this? :furious2:

I'm being patient.

I've been patient since September.

I'm still being patient.

I do have a bait freezer that hasn't been opened in 6 months.
Offers anyone.

Rod

Chas & Clarry
27-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Well guys, I am In Tasmania and let me tell you... it is and has been bloody beutiful since xmas!!!! Have fished and dived almost EVERY day Just can not believe how good we have had it,

Hey Mark; Wasn't it about 4 degrees there on Friday when we had 19 - 28 degrees in SE Qld :P and those of us who hide up in the estuaries were happily fishing??????? Not sure that I'd call that "bloody beautiful" (ok...I'm just bitter :) )

hilta1
27-03-2012, 07:31 PM
They only advertise that it is 4 degrees so the 3 million people in other states stay there!!!lol

googarra
27-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I like Cooktowns approach to this.

It blows its arse off nearly all year round but when it 5 to 10 the whole town shuts down. Dont try and go into shops in the main street, doors closed, all fishing

Jarrah Jack
27-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Don't worry. Can Do is in now.

Humdinger
27-03-2012, 07:49 PM
i gave up worrying about it and just go anyway . harden up and buy a rain coat

Out_There
27-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Take up kitesurfing wantok, good exercise and pumping a kite up makes the wind drop every time. Bit like buying a couple of bags of ice will bring it in.

Scalem
27-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I've taken the prescribed dose of concrete too, gone out in conditions which were borderline, only to arrive at spot x and tracking 4kph on the GPS with the wind blowing me that hard across the water.:o Ah well try again... Another weekend, conditions look OK but same thing! Finally, we get a morning that gives us perfect fishing and wadda ya know? We fill the esky. The real pain is not that I don't get out, I do. Just that weekends seem the worst conditions, and work gets in the way mid week when it looks good! So the blokes with more flexible ( err, sick days) skite on here with good catches of fish. Dirty rotten scumbags! You know who you are. ;D;D Good luck to you, If only my work would be that flexible.

Scalem

kevinnugent@westnet.
27-03-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/la-nina-gone-from-pacific-says-weather-bureau/story-e6freonf-1226311789045

Mrs Ronnie H
28-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi
Hubby has had 3 weeks holiday and due to go back to work next week. Weather next week from Monday looks ok which would be the norm-- go to work weather is good- weekends crap and boat just sits there.
Guess patience is a virtue.

Ronnie

nathank
28-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Ive got a jetski and a tinny.. i get the jitters if im not on the water for more than a week and i have got to fish where i want to fish once or twice since xmas... the jetski gets a hiding the poor thing as i vent my displeasure at the wind and the swell :)
I moved up from NSW with the slogan nice one day perfect the next ringing in my ears and "QLD the sunshine state"... I want my money back!

fat-buoy
28-03-2012, 04:35 PM
There is always a bend in a river that's out of the wind. Some of you ladies really need a few tablespoons of cement in your diet. Getting wet won't kill ya, ya know. :)
When the bend in the river starts producing mackerel, tuna, snapper, parrot fish etc I will take my tablespoon of cement and shut the hell up :)

until then I am going to whinge and cry about the crappy weather lol ;)

honda900
28-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Yep, I have had a gutfull as well, if bad this weekend I will be in the brisbane river, (see how desperate.)

Regards
HOnda.

Tangles
28-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Always can try the Southern Bay behind the Islands or the Pin as an option

spelchek
28-03-2012, 05:21 PM
When the bend in the river starts producing mackerel, tuna, snapper, parrot fish etc I will take my tablespoon of cement and shut the hell up :)

until then I am going to whinge and cry about the crappy weather lol ;)

LOL - fair enough. Want a hanky? :)

Or... move to Bundy - you could at least then get the first two in your list in the river :)

weekendfisher
28-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I think we are all feeling this pain,
Like mentioned earlier if is not raining its windy, the worst part is the forecast is always for rain but has not rained all week so it makes it hard to plan anything.
Now i just see how the day looks and go from there stuff the weather reports they are no where near accurate recently.
Have managed to get out twice on the 3 weeks i have had off work still better than nothing.
Good luck getting out there guys

nathank
29-03-2012, 02:14 PM
i went out last night in my tinny in the seaway at 10pm... things are desperate thats for sure.. i was the only crazy bugger out there... one run on a butterflied mullet and the live ones didnt get a touch.. fished right to the top of the tide but as i was in a 3.9m flatbottomed punt i wasnt exactly fishing right where i would have liked in the wind and swell lol.
ahh well its why they call it fishing and not catching