PDA

View Full Version : Pine...any point this weekend?

Chas & Clarry
22-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Ok Pine River experts...is there any point in fishing the Pine this weekend after a pretty wet week?

The actaul weather on the weekend looks OK, light breeze and only a few showers but will there be too much fresh? I want to believe it will be OK down near the bridges on an incoming tide, but what do you think? :-?

Thanks !

Drifty75
22-03-2012, 10:10 PM
I think you'll find too much fresh for most species except for catfish, bullshark and maybe some bream. (Bream don't mind a little fresh)

I'll be heading out, unsure where to though. Was thinking about chasing some shark off woody point for a change.

womp
22-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Wish i could join in the fun. Fully booked this weekend. Darn, oh well next weekend maybe.

Shawn 66
23-03-2012, 03:00 AM
Probably no point , but I will be out there anyway .
Might see you two there .
Shawn

Still_Dreamin
23-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I heard on the news this morning that Youngs crossing was closed due to water releases from north pine dam. probably too much fresh

Chas & Clarry
23-03-2012, 09:09 PM
I heard on the news this morning that Youngs crossing was closed due to water releases from north pine dam. probably too much fresh

Damnit.........will wait until Sunday, surely 24 hours will be enough time for a gazillion kilolitres of fresh to clear ::)

Chas & Clarry
25-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Turned out it was worthwhile...got a nice feed out of a mixed catch.

Mixed approach, I went lighter 4lb braid, and 1/12oz jighead 80mm plastic for a bream and a couple of flatties,
Trace went 6lb braid with 1/4oz jighead and 100mm plastic for a bream and a couple of flatties :)

Nice day out and again nice to have a chat with Shawn (g'day mate...did I see you hook a muddie on your line when we were passing...????)

Tim and Trace

Shawn 66
26-03-2012, 03:24 AM
Turned out it was worthwhile...got a nice feed out of a mixed catch.

Mixed approach, I went lighter 4lb braid, and 1/12oz jighead 80mm plastic for a bream and a couple of flatties,
Trace went 6lb braid with 1/4oz jighead and 100mm plastic for a bream and a couple of flatties :)

Nice day out and again nice to have a chat with Shawn (g'day mate...did I see you hook a muddie on your line when we were passing...????)

Tim and Trace
G'Day Tim
Good to catch up with you both again . Yes mate , the bugger was legal size too , empty as anything though . The only day I was not wearing shoes in the boat , a demented , crazed muddie comes on board . Turned out a good day , got three nice size bream in 5 minutes , and then the 60cm flattie an hour later . Not many fish , however the fish I did get were bloody fat . That photo I tried to send you yesterday was of the flattie .
Shawn

Chas & Clarry
26-03-2012, 05:37 AM
G'Day Tim
Good to catch up with you both again . Yes mate , the bugger was legal size too , empty as anything though . The only day I was not wearing shoes in the boat , a demented , crazed muddie comes on board . Turned out a good day , got three nice size bream in 5 minutes , and then the 60cm flattie an hour later . Not many fish , however the fish I did get were bloody fat . That photo I tried to send you yesterday was of the flattie .
Shawn

Shawn, the $64,000 quuestion is : "Were any of them on the plastics?"

Shawn 66
26-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Shawn, the $64,000 quuestion is : "Were any of them on the plastics?"
No mate , sorry to say ,all were on bait . The bream were taken on nippers ( sorry I forgot , you Queenslanders call them yabbies ) and the flattie was taken on the live herring . I must admit I did not give the plastics a decent go . With the wind and without the leccie , I could not seem to get my drift right .
Shawn

Chas & Clarry
26-03-2012, 07:11 PM
No mate , sorry to say ,all were on bait . The bream were taken on nippers ( sorry I forgot , you Queenslanders call them yabbies ) and the flattie was taken on the live herring . I must admit I did not give the plastics a decent go . With the wind and without the leccie , I could not seem to get my drift right .
Shawn

Did you pump the "nippers" ::) :P, or buy them from the Tackle Shop at Carseldine...i noticed that they sell them when I was there the other day?? (As you can tell, I am still seriously tempted to have a bet each way with bait and plastics), though I have to say that the bream on the plastics with the light line and light rod was bloody good fun.

Cheers
Tim

Shawn 66
27-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Did you pump the "nippers" ::) :P, or buy them from the Tackle Shop at Carseldine...i noticed that they sell them when I was there the other day?? (As you can tell, I am still seriously tempted to have a bet each way with bait and plastics), though I have to say that the bream on the plastics with the light line and light rod was bloody good fun.

Cheers
Tim
Nah Mate , bit too lazy these days for pumping the buggers . Brought them from Steve at The Tackle Shop . Bloody good price too ( do not know if I would be allowed to post the price ) . I do enjoy pumping for them , it is just trying to find the time these days .
Shawn