PDA

View Full Version : Price jump prior to T n T Show.

kind_cir
22-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Have been looking at the Stessco 430 SF on the net since Xmas, and waiting in hope to get a good deal at the show. It seems of the few dealers that stock this range, at least 2 of them have put their package prices up close to 2K in the past week or two. One had advertised their packages through part of Jan as on sale and then extened this sale into late Feb and beyond. Out of 3 dealers one is still at the old prices and the other two have jumped very recently.

Will it mean, we will see the prices drop at the show to Jan- Feb prices and them market them as a huge reduction. Or will we see them go below the lowish Jan Feb prices and get a real good deal. Who Knows.

Not saying there is anything suss going on, just an obsevation.

boatie_72
22-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Maybe it is just a price rise

Todddo
22-03-2012, 12:17 PM
They will drop it down to what they were when you were looking.
Dad saw this a few years ago when he was buying his boat, they put the prices up prior to the show, then dropped them back to where they were: Wow what a saving!

Feral
23-03-2012, 05:36 AM
You dont really think the boat shows offer real discounts do you?

Your much better off finding someone not going to the show, they often have genuine specials on at the same time as the boat shows.

NoBananas
23-03-2012, 06:37 AM
If you're after a Stessco I would be going straight to Marine Tune, Burleigh Heads. Get a quote from them before you lay down your cash mate,

Cheers,
Maybs

Todddo
23-03-2012, 10:14 AM
If you're after a Stessco I would be going straight to Marine Tune, Burleigh Heads. Get a quote from them before you lay down your cash mate,

Cheers,
Maybs

Then when the boat show gives you a higher quote, crack it and make sure everyone who is looking at the boats walks away!
Always good for a laugh, just make sure nobody you know is near you...:D

Makka Nick
23-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I noticed during 12 months in the UK that the discount applied during a sale must be based on a price advertised for 90 days or more. The sort of crap that retailers try to pull here really pisses me off. Do they think we are stupid? They don't deserve our loyalty if lower prices are available overseas.

outta line
24-03-2012, 06:29 AM
went to the show yesterday for a look iam after a 6hp for my 3m punt. been looking at the zuks for a while so i knew my best price. one dealer there had them over priced by $110 when i asked is that your best price he dropped $80. He then asked what i was laughing at i told him that my best price was lower than his by $50 ....he soon matched it...i just smiled and walked away......another dealer there had the same motor for $100 cheeper than the first dealer. asked for his best price and it was the same as i all ready had b4 the show.....so there are some dealers out there playing stupid games.... do your ground work b4 you go to a show as you have and make them work for the deal .....cheers mick

Matt76
24-03-2012, 06:56 AM
It costs a hell of a lot of money to enter those shows, they can't afford to give super specials, especially on a small outboard which they would be lucky to make $100 on.

outta line
24-03-2012, 07:14 AM
It costs a hell of a lot of money to enter those shows, they can't afford to give super specials, especially on a small outboard which they would be lucky to make $100 on.

i know that there is %5 on the motor if your lucky...... how can one dealer have a price tag of a $100 more than another dealer 100m away if they wont to sell don't put stupid prices on boats/ motors. its there choice to pay the fee to have a stand at the show doesn't mean it has to passed on to the buyer . stupid price rises only put those who know what they wont off....

fisho8
24-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I was there Yesterday and all I can say that the aussie boat market really needs to put together a complete boat package instead of just BMT I mean some boats 50k up did not come with any electronic's or anything it is just getting rediculous. The best Deal I saw there was a stejcraft 6.5WA it was complete with a Yami 150 fourstroke VHF radio Hummingbird sounder/chart combo CD player multiroller trailer bimni and launchers all the gear for $57k drive away. I looked at the bar Crushers and for a 6mtr BMT they wanted 58k that is just for the BMT that's all a 2050 Stabicraft with a 115 yami on it was 77k with no electronic's all I can say is it is no wonder people are opting to import boats from the states because the aussie boat market is just plain greedy. Sorry if this upset's anyone I love our aussie product's but it is no wonder why our marine industry is struggling.

Tailortaker
24-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Have you got a price from the boys at Bribie boats ?

charleville
24-03-2012, 10:15 AM
the aussie boat market really needs to put together a complete boat package instead of just BMT I mean some boats 50k up did not come with any electronic's or anything it is just getting rediculous.

I noticed that myself. I was with a mate who was looking at some Quintrexes and I noticed that there were no electronics on them. When I bought mine over ten years ago, they at least came with a basic Lowrance sounder.

MudRiverDan
24-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I think they keep em bare so the owners can deck them out with their preferences.

fisho8
24-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Understand that Dan but those items are on top of the price when I reckon they should be allowed in the price I be ####ed if I was going to pay over 50k for a boat without being able to choose a sounders combo that is for sure.

Marlin_Mike
24-03-2012, 01:05 PM
i know that there is %5 on the motor if your lucky...... how can one dealer have a price tag of a $100 more than another dealer 100m away if they wont to sell don't put stupid prices on boats/ motors. its there choice to pay the fee to have a stand at the show doesn't mean it has to passed on to the buyer . stupid price rises only put those who know what they wont off....

The only thing ANY trade show does is bring a heap of sellers under one roof, makes it easier for the buyers than trudging round dealers one at a time. Easier shopping under one roof. Never seen a trade show yet with genuine discounts.

Mike

rumy1
24-03-2012, 08:44 PM
trying desparately to talk the wife in to buying the Stejcraft 6.8 WA, it is the best buy.

theangryangler
26-03-2012, 05:08 PM
A lot of the "tinnies" just had a price rise. was lookin at a 5.5 stessco cc was 26 2 days later 28.
Bloke at boat shop told me all the manufacturers were bumping up their prices to meet production costs.
Bit strange when you hear aussie manurfacturing is having such a hard time recently, kinda counter productive i think but i guess everythin costs more nowadays.....

Steeler
26-03-2012, 05:33 PM
A multitude of reasons why there can be a price diff on same item

Retailer or in this case dealer buys at different times.
Perhaps one dealer is cashed up enough to take advantage of an early settlement offered by the manufacturer.
maybe one dealer is in the throws of winding up or scaling back stock on hand inventory to free up cash flow.

These are just some.

Stuart
26-03-2012, 06:33 PM
It’s got me buggered why boat manufacturers aren’t more competitive In this country? I understand Australia is an expensive place to do business but if these companies don’t do something soon they to will suffer the same fate as other failed businesses. Its just so dam cheap to buy a top quality boat from the USA and have it landed for a fraction of the cost of buying the same or comparable boat here. Why anyone would spend close to 100K here when you could buy so much more from the USA for sub 50K landed.

theangryangler
27-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Tell ya what else is frustrating when the dealers advertise on a website for say 35k driveaway but when you get in there to have a sus its more like 45 due to options and such!!! advertise the actual price for the boat that is stocked!! not the base model with nothing on it!!! GRRRR

Stuart
27-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Misleading advertising is fast becoming more prevelant these days. Its not just the boating industry but right across the board.

fat-buoy
28-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Advertising gets you through the door.. regardless of whether it is absolute BS or not.. once you are in the door it is the sales person's job to sell you something before you walk out of that door..

My issue is that if they treat you like an idiot you get pissed off and the poor sales person who is just trying to earn a living has to try to pull you back from thinking that they are a pack of pricks to get you to hand your wallet over... not me I just keep walking!!

Thank god for the internet - as I look at my shiny new bait board with rod holders, delivered today for "much" cheaper than I could find instore (but I did give the stores the chance first before buying off the net) :)