PDA

View Full Version : Casting deck extension/Livewell..

TheSaint
20-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I picked up a Stacer 435 Barra Elite in november last year & it's great boat in standard trim but needs some modifications to bring it up to the way i like my boats setup for fishing.

I took my boat off to Brumb's Marine for Tony to do the aluminium fabrication on the boat.
I asked for a new bulkhead to be welded in at the next rib back to take the deck extension, 160L livewell & the side pocket to have some supports put in so I turn it into rod laydown area. Also the whole thing welded & painted to look factory fitted. I got the boat back from Tony & was very happy with the job he had done & he also worked with me to get some of my livewell plumbing done under the floor.

I got it back on thursday last week & started on the Flow-rite Livewell plumbing & wiring up 800gph pumps for Fill & Recirc/Pump out. Also while I was at it I put some new LED Nav lights. I had the job of cutting the timber & carpeting it, this would be the thing that took the most time just due to having to seal the timber & waiting for it to dry before I could carpet each piece & all the rain we have been having didn't help me.

I knock the last Two pieces off today & pretty happy with the results & now I can go enjoy my handy work..

Dignity
21-03-2012, 07:12 PM
That is one very nice unit, I noticed in the last pic that you did the right thing and christened it with a beer.

Chas & Clarry
21-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Wow, impressive job, well done, bet you can't wait to get it out on the water and test that deck. Enjoy!

TheSaint
22-03-2012, 06:31 PM
That is one very nice unit, I noticed in the last pic that you did the right thing and christened it with a beer.

Yeah only way to enjoy your hard work..