PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo ...

MEG-A-BITE
19-03-2012, 04:15 PM
78194Went for a quick fish on Saturday. Weather looked good until we rounded the Cape :-?.Big swell and fast current. Anyhow got some bits and pieces and a lonely Wahoo.

Postal
19-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Great fish mate - looks a little black out there!

MEG-A-BITE
19-03-2012, 04:21 PM
thanks yep wet and bumpy,,,my mate was not feeling well...

Postal
19-03-2012, 04:23 PM
What gear did you get him on and how long did he come in at?

TimD
19-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Nice Hoo Wayne :thumbsup:

Did you get it on the Halco you told me to add to my collection of Xraps ???

cheers tim :)

madmackrel
19-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Nice work Wayne , was the water clean or dirty mate.
Cheers Perry

captain rednut
19-03-2012, 08:15 PM
hi wayne
i was the boat next to you when you caught the wahoo. good on you we didnt see anything in that area.
cheers jim

tenzing
20-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Well done Wayne
We were out there too and took home a donut.
Conditions were pretty ordinary.
Unless my temp gauge was wrong the water was a fair bit cooler than the week before.
Cheers
Brendan

Bull
20-03-2012, 06:46 AM
Wayne,
Well done on the Wahoo in very trying conditions.
Speaking of trying conditions I was at Pelican Park at Redcliffe in the wind and pissing down rain waiting for you to turn up for your surprise Birthday party :D The funniest thing for me was your poor wife telling everyone that you will be here soon and at the same time your sending fish pics to half of us at your Birthday party.
Well at least you made it just before it turned cyclonic and you helped us catch the tents, tables and small children as they flew across the park. ;D
Anyway Happy Birthday and I'm glad you caught a rippa fish on your Birthday.
Cheers Bull

MEG-A-BITE
20-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Bull yes, what a day, but all good in the end. Was good to see you all even if it was only for 5min before the wind chased every one home.You lucky you could find your kids mine dissapeared:o.Then later found out one was with friends and the other hiding in the car:-?
Perry the water was very blue, and loads of bait fish, but a lack of anything chasing them, had a big shark take a liking to one of our offerings and gave us a hard time for around an hour.
Tim D got the wahoo on a dead bait rig I make up. Nothing on Lures, think there too much live bait swimming around. Postal got the hoo on 20lb setup and he did not put up much of a fight. Rather strange for a Wahoo they normally go off when hooked.Brendan/Jim yes saw you guys trolling the same area sorry you did not get anything, but hey conditions were not that good see you out there next time.

cobiaman
20-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Nothing better than a good fish on your birthday, well done and happy birthday

wags on the water
20-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Nice fish Wayne. In the next few days I'll put up a report too of our catch on Sat.

Cheers,
Wags

MEG-A-BITE
20-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks, Graham sure Wags will be nice to see how you went.

Lancair
25-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Nice Wahoo there. Great eating.

Despite the fact they are one of the fastest fish in the sea and their reputation for hard fighting, Im yet to catch one that does more than an intial 15sec or so run and then come to the boat without fuss. Having said that, I've not caught any really large ones, mostly around the same size as the one in the pic.

fisho8
25-03-2012, 12:43 PM
That was one nice Fish Wayne looked huge up close hope you guys enjoyed it I thought you might have posted this haha and yes I was the bloke up at the ramp with my young fella well done.