PDA

View Full Version : Polycraft Mods - Casting Platform Extensions

Splash
16-03-2012, 11:27 PM
My new 4.1m Polycraft has arrived, and I would like your advice if I should be extending the rear platform with additional fabrication/box sections?

I will be having the front deck platform extended and it will be a tiller steer.

Splash

TheRealAndy
17-03-2012, 12:18 AM
There was a guy here, think JackExtractor that had one of those polycraft set up well. If it was not JackExtractor, it was a mate of his. He had casting platforms front and back. Was blue boat from memory, pretty good set up. I fished a jackoff with him about 3-4 years ago.

I have been planning to make a rear casting platform of my 4.55 poly for the last 5 years, but it never happened.

Splash
17-03-2012, 12:31 AM
THanks mate.

With the tiller steer (and the new Honda 50 4S with long tiller arm), is it wise to be seating further beyond the standard rear deck configuration to ensure good and comfortable reach for tiller arm?

Splash

Splash
17-03-2012, 10:54 AM
I have seen these pictures on a boat that was custom modified for a customer off the shop floor.

I need to know what these metal strips are (circled), and kindly ask for your assistance in identifying them.

I contacted the dealer who sold / advertised this boat a while ago, and is unable to recall what these metal strips are used for...

I want to modify my new polycraft to resemble this same layout...

Splash

Splash
17-03-2012, 04:39 PM
How thick should the marine ply be for a casting deck platform?

Splash

Plasticin
18-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Mate,

I always had plans for modifying my decks however as I started to fish out of it more I found the ease of being able to hose it out at the end of the day so much more convenient than having to worry about carpet and the like. You can also roll a double sway out in the cockpit of the 4.1 which is an outstanding addition....

Scott

marto78
18-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I have seen these pictures on a boat that was custom modified for a customer off the shop floor.

I need to know what these metal strips are (circled), and kindly ask for your assistance in identifying them.

I contacted the dealer who sold / advertised this boat a while ago, and is unable to recall what these metal strips are used for...

I want to modify my new polycraft to resemble this same layout...

Splash

Going off that last photo those strips look like they are for the mounting of the seats.

Splash
18-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks Marto and Plasticin.

That's a great idea Plasticin. Do you think NOT having that extra platform space would disadvantage my fishing (popping lures for barra in NT)?

And, where would I then mount my 2 x batteries I need for my 80lb MK leccy if I decided not to proceed with the front extended platform?

Splash

Plasticin
18-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey mate,

I have currently jigged up a couple of battery trays that sit in the front deck (one on each side) that hold on the port my leccy and the right my cranking. I only fish lures and have the iPilot on the bow and hence actually do a lot fishing from the back of the boat. Suits me a treat.

Highly recommend spending some time fishing in it prior to modifying as I am more than happy with my set up. Great boat, just spend some money on some decent wet weather gear.

Scott

Splash
18-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks Scott.

Can you post some pics of your battery tray setup?

I too will only be using lures, so it seems our fishing requirements are similar.

Do you operate your MK with the remote on your wrist or the foot pedal?

Why do you choose to fish at stern with bow mounted leccy?

Isn't there still sufficient room up front still?

Wet will not worry me up here in NT, it will be more protection from sun..

Splash

Splash
25-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Hey mate,

I have currently jigged up a couple of battery trays that sit in the front deck (one on each side) that hold on the port my leccy and the right my cranking.

Scott

Scott - Do u have pictures of your battery trays that sit in the front deck of your polycraft?

Do these batteries weigh down the bow more than desired?

Do you have a tiller or console?

Splash

Splash
27-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey mate,

I have currently jigged up a couple of battery trays that sit in the front deck (one on each side) that hold on the port my leccy and the right my cranking. I only fish lures and have the iPilot on the bow and hence actually do a lot fishing from the back of the boat. Suits me a treat.

Highly recommend spending some time fishing in it prior to modifying as I am more than happy with my set up. Great boat, just spend some money on some decent wet weather gear.

Scott

Hey Scott.

Can you post some pics of your boat?

Splash

Splash
16-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey Scott,

Can you post some pics of your battery trays inside your front deck?

BTW - your PM box is full.

Splash