PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this tranny?

simonpp82
14-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey guys.. Just imported a boat from the states. It came with all the bells and whistles including this 1kw transducer, pretty sure its a b260 for those of you who speak my language. Just wondering what you're thoughts are on the installation? Most of these are either installed in a fairing or pocket mounted. This is kind of somewhere in between. I just cant imagine this getting a good reading at speed, although the previous owner says its fine (of course). I probably won't get a chance to see for myself for at least a couple of weeks as I need to get wiring etc sorted out. Also do you think it could effect the hydrodynamics (drag/speed/handling) of a 23ft boat?

wirlybird
15-03-2012, 09:42 AM
looks a bit dodge mate

thelump
15-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Never seen one hang under like that. Hope it goes OK. I saw your boat on Tuesday. Looks good. That Tuna tower is close to the power lines!! I came and had a bit of a look at your Signature for may mate Mick.

brrbear
15-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Even if it does work OK,a small mistake launching could be a disaster.

simonpp82
15-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi Jason yeah mick said u'd come around. Im out of town for work so couldnt be around to show you through. That tuna tower folds forward on a hinge for travelling thank god! Wirlybird.. My thoughts exactly. Although it has been there for a number of years so who knows?