PDA

View Full Version : Bue Blubbers are thick

Scalem
13-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Channel 7 reported tonight that the plague of Blue Blubber Jellies on the gold coast has reached numbers not seen before. They added that their sting can be similar to a green ant bite. Well there you go, out of all the Blue blubber slime I have gathered up in my cast net over the years I've never been stung that bad, but it does make you want to jump into a hot shower and wash the slime off after a while.

Any photos out there around the goldie of just how thick these Jellies have become? You'll need to harden up if you are chasing prawns, the itch becomes a bit of an issue..

Scalem

marto78
13-03-2012, 07:37 PM
There was a video on ninemsn last week of a boat sailing through a thick school of them in the bay.
They usually turn up after heavy rains when there are more nutrients in the water, but only hang around a few weeks.

fish'n'chippy
13-03-2012, 07:40 PM
........You'll need to harden up if you are chasing prawns, the itch becomes a bit of an issue..

Scalem

the sting is not too bad on the hands and arms where the skin is a bit thicker,
but don't wipe ya face and carry some tongs with ya to take a pi$$......:o

fisher28
13-03-2012, 08:23 PM
this stuff nails me when its around.the place i have the most trouble with is the forearms,i find vinegar helps a little or cool fresh water.

Scalem
13-03-2012, 09:13 PM
the sting is not too bad on the hands and arms where the skin is a bit thicker,
but don't wipe ya face and carry some tongs with ya to take a pi$$......:o LMAO I don't think Tim D does cast netting in which case I have tweezers. Haha. Sorry Tim I had to pay out on someone I know where it won't do any harm..... I hope.;D;D

Scalem

captain rednut
13-03-2012, 09:24 PM
we had them in plague proportions in Scarborough three weeks ago and i was told that is a sign of a good sailfish season and we have caught three in the last couple of weeks. co-incidence maybe or does any one know if this has any realism or just an old wives tale?????
cheers cr

justjack
13-03-2012, 09:30 PM
all my bay snapper lately have been full of them and so have my sand crabs

TimD
13-03-2012, 09:36 PM
LMAO I don't think Tim D does cast netting in which case I have tweezers. Haha. Sorry Tim I had to pay out on someone I know where it won't do any harm..... I hope.;D;D

Scalem

Cheeky Bugger, i reckon your next Cobia might get knocked off when im trying to gaff it ;D

cheers tim :)