PDA

View Full Version : Seajay 5.1 Striker Plate Boat

troy
13-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Has anyone been for a ride in this boat.
I was talking to the Builder of this Brand today and he was very honest.
He said he is dearer then the likes of the lower brand of plate boats but he builds his boats to compare with the likes of AMM.
Any feed back would be appreciated good or bad as long it is not from another Dealer unless that Dealer admits he is one.
Thanks
Troy

Dantren
14-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Hey Troy. I recently had a 5.2 plate boat built. For me, resale was important. After years of shopping I noticed the custom plate boats held their value much better than traditional production boats. Originally I thought established quality names like seajay would hold value better - I was wrong. Haven't seen the Striker 5.1 - certainly sounds impressive!!!! Hope this helps..... Dan.

troy
14-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Hey Troy. I recently had a 5.2 plate boat built. For me, resale was important. After years of shopping I noticed the custom plate boats held their value much better than traditional production boats. Originally I thought established quality names like seajay would hold value better - I was wrong. Haven't seen the Striker 5.1 - certainly sounds impressive!!!! Hope this helps..... Dan.

Mate good point but is the Seajay Plate Boat fall into you being wrong.
They are a expensive boat and resale i do not know.
I suppose if you have a look at the Noble in the classified on this site and what he is asking for it i have been informed from a number of members and qualified here is about $5000 less.
Am curious about the Seajay but not many comments.
I would really apreciate comments on this brand of boat.
And you are right resale price does come into it even though this will be my last boat because of age and ill health.
But now i do not like asking for advise because of some members are sick of my questions.
Troy

Dantren
14-03-2012, 07:58 PM
That is the question Troy.. If we cannot see a 5.1 Sea jay striker second hand, we don't know how it will hold it's value.
Mate if you are buying your ultimate boat, go all out. Buy the one you want. Just buy the right one.
Dan.

Jarrah Jack
14-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Any members who are sick of your questions should simply stay clear and not click on the topic. Keep asking Troy, forums are about sharing information.

NAGG
14-03-2012, 09:16 PM
hi Troy ..... I can tell you now , If I could have afforded a 510 Striker & it would have fitted in my garage - I would have bought one........ They are one smart looking topender
The reality is , you are not getting much feedback because you just cant go into a dealer & kick a few tyres as the plate Extremes are ordered directly through Seajay.
Have no fear - Seajay have a very strong reputation for building quality pressed & plate boats ....... I'm sure you'll get to see a platey at the Tinny and Tackle show - or if you can .... get in touch with Troy Glass at Seajay & go up to Bundaberg for a look.
Anyhow - good luck with it

Chris

Ps ... here is a photo of my Seajay Barra masta taken today 78042

Seahorse
14-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I love my seaway 455 territory

troy
15-03-2012, 06:11 AM
That is the question Troy.. If we cannot see a 5.1 Sea jay striker second hand, we don't know how it will hold it's value.
Mate if you are buying your ultimate boat, go all out. Buy the one you want. Just buy the right one.
Dan.
Dan it might sound like i am after the ultimate boat but i am not and even if i was could never afford it.
Just sfter a good riding boat for a plate and not have to worry about welds cracking or poor paint work etc.
Troy

troy
15-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Well i have gone way past my Budget but i am about to sign on the dotted line of a 5.6 Seayay Preadator.
If members want to have a look at this boat have a look at there website.
I am confident i have made the right decision if not well that is something i have to live with.
Boating is a way of life and everyone have their views and i respect that.
Troy

upstart
15-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Congrats Troy. Hope to see you on the water soon. Will you have it for Easter?

rcfisher
15-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Hey Troy in stock or do they have to build it? Looking forward to some pics. Congrats on finally making up your mind. Sure you will be more than happy with it.

fisho8
15-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Well done Troy good to see you found the boat you want blew the budget alright haha but hey you only live once.

Jarrah Jack
15-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Boating budgets have a habit of being blown away. Can't wait for pics now and fitout. Well done.

NAGG
15-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Budgets are meant to be blown ..... ::)

Nice choice of boat though - I'm sure you'll be happy with it !

Chris

troy
16-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Hey Troy in stock or do they have to build it? Looking forward to some pics. Congrats on finally making up your mind. Sure you will be more than happy with it.

Mate,
They have to build it and i will have to learn how to put up pics.
Thanks to all/
Troy

FishHunter
16-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Glad you finally found a boat you like. As for photos there are 2 ways.
You can upload your photos to an online photo album such as Picassa, Flickr or Photobucket and then link them into your post which is the method I use.

Or you can click on the paperclip symbol above the post window and follow the prompts to upload them to the forum and attach them to your post.

maimai
16-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Troy, congrats on a really fine boat, I have seen the build of these boats and have a swag of pics on my other laptop, under floor work is right up there with the top name brands, and i say even better than some top plate builders out there, eg: the long/ lat stringers are alot closer ( I think 400mm instead of the 5-600mm other plate builders do) also go to the max HP as they are a heavish boat, and if you ask me, the build and finish is better than the AMM, I know this as i had a AMM, and was a hell of a great boat at the time, best of luck with the new toy, you will be very happy with it

Fed
16-03-2012, 10:36 AM
O don't know if it's still the case but I found the 'Insert Image' icon in the Quick Reply Box doesn't work, it's all good in the Advanced Reply Box though.
Test
Yep, go Advanced Reply Box to put up pics hosted on Ausfish.

FishHunter
16-03-2012, 11:42 AM
O don't know if it's still the case but I found the 'Insert Image' icon in the Quick Reply Box doesn't work, it's all good in the Advanced Reply Box though.

Yep, go Advanced Reply Box to put up pics hosted on Ausfish.

Thats because the button in question is for a link not an attachment

nigelr
16-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Well done Troy, hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of the new boat!

Fed
16-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Thats because the button in question is for a link not an attachment
I'm not following you FishHunter?
When I push the button in the Quick Reply Box it presents the same GUI as the Advanced Reply Box only it doesn't work. Well it never used to work, here's a new test this time from
the Quick Reply Box.

Sorry Troy but it does relate to your uploading question. Well done with the boat.

FishHunter
16-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm not following you FishHunter?
When I push the button in the Quick Reply Box it presents the same GUI as the Advanced Reply Box only it doesn't work. Well it never used to work, here's a new test this time from
the Quick Reply Box.

Sorry Troy but it does relate to your uploading question. Well done with the boat.

My bad I had the bull by the udders

troy
16-03-2012, 07:26 PM
All is good.
Troy

colo
23-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi Troy any progress photos of the new rig yet?

Brooka27
27-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Morning Troy, I am based in WA and was hoping you could share some details about how your boat handles etc?