PDA

View Full Version : Idiots or Pig's at Booyan Boat ramp

mungindi
12-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Morning,
So what is it with some people these days , I was at the Booyan boat ramp which is on the Kolan River Bundaberg yesterday and someone had caught a big cod . Trouble is they had decided to fillet it and then tie the frame gut’s and all to a tree half way down the ramp ( some sort of bragging right’s thing ). Someone else had dumped a bunch of fish frames at the top of the ramp. There is always bait or frames just dumped out on the ground . All really good for the people who live in the couple of houses that are less than 50 mts from the ramp. How hard would it be to throw the frames and unused bait into the river and let the tide and crab’s take care of them.. There is also a small grassed area beside the ramp where people often fish overnight and get a fire going good luck to them ( mega sandflies ) thing is the next day there is the usual cans and assorted rubbish all left at the fire site.
How hard can it be to take your rubbish home with you. I have often thought the council should put a couple of bins for the rubbish there , but they would more than likely just get burn’t out.
So what is it with these people who do this are they just lazy, and don’t think or what?
Personally I think they are pig's and lazy stupid arsehole’s who have no respect for anyone else and should get a small slap up the side of the head.
Thank’s
Gary

NAGG
12-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I think we all scratch our heads over this behavior ....... specially if these pigs go back to a location time and time again - Don't worry there are people that treat their own homes the same way ( usually a rental ). :(
No different to people that use a cleaning table or public bbq and don't clean up afterwards - it's just a couple of minutes out of their lives but they don't give a rats

Chris

rainbowrascal
12-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi Gary It comes back to upbringing and laziness, there are lots of ferals out there that spoil activities and this great country for everyone else. They should all be fined, or regos given to police, and it should be compulsory if caught that they spend several months doing community services like cleaning, same as the paint taggers. As you say , how hard is it to leave a place like you found it, or if it is a bit dirty, take the trouble to pick up some rubbish. I do this all the time when fishing line is left on the local pier. Too hard for some people who put it there to take with them and put in the bin at the base of the pier that they have to walk past at the end of their fishing trip.

NoBananas
12-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I agree with Rainbow,

Its all in the upbringing I think. I was taught to respect your elders and have manners. Also to appreciate what mother nature has to offer. Till this day when Im out on the water and see rubbish I'll always pick it up. My biggest pet hate is finding empty beer bottles on the bank. Grots.

tunaticer
12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Even if it is in the upbringing how slothful these people are, it should not be tolerated and examples should be made of them, as publicly as possible.
Name and shames with photos in the local rags is a good way to bring them into line. Second offence should be a full year community service cleaning up crap for eight hours EVERY weekend, no ifs buts or maybes and no avoiding any weekend by doubling up the following weekend.

I see we have lost the camping areas along the creeks feeding the pumicestone passage now due to exactly this shitty behaviour. I would rather see a ranger visiting these sites each saturday arvo and take pics of rego plates, then come monday take pics of the shit left behind and fine them heavily. They will learn to not only pick up their crap but anything else to avoid a fine.

Every time i visit the area i load the ute up with other ppls shit just because i cant stand it being there.