PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Bearings and Hydraulic Brakes

Bull
11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Well I finally got time to put my boat trailer back together today.
A break down of costs for those interested.

New Bearings and seals:$36 per wheel
Discs Machined: $15 per Disc
Brake Pads: $20 per set
Callipers serviced: $70 each
New Bearing buddies: cant remember how much they were
I had to replace 2 Hydraulic lines as well: $32
Brake fluid and degreaser and heaps of rags as well.
Cheers Bull

rosco1974
11-03-2012, 06:07 PM
where we fishing next weekend bull..sounds like you are good to go
cheers rosco

Bull
11-03-2012, 06:26 PM
I might just come out and follow you around mate and see if I can catch a few of those Mac's that you have been braining the last few weeks. I really wanted to catch something with a sail this Summer but time is running out fast for me.
Cheers bull

netmaker
11-03-2012, 06:48 PM
i had my trailer fixed by a mate who does trailers up. stainless bolts throughout, oil filled and painted. i fitted new rollers, new single leaf springs, new led lights and did the bearings and fitted buddies. i think it may have been a hundred more than your bill. 3 years back i spent $300 on 3 wheels and a stub axle. think i much prefer small boat bills to big boat bills;). still, the only sails i see have boats attached to em::).

cheers
davo

Bull
11-03-2012, 06:52 PM
i had my trailer fixed by a mate who does trailers up. stainless bolts throughout, oil filled and painted. i fitted new rollers, new single leaf springs, new led lights and did the bearings and fitted buddies. i think it may have been a hundred more than your bill. 3 years back i spent $300 on 3 wheels and a stub axle. think i much prefer small boat bills to big boat bills;). still, the only sails i see have boats attached to em::).

cheers
davo

There the only sails I see to davo ::)

netmaker
11-03-2012, 07:01 PM
There the only sails I see to davo ::)

wouldn't worry too much mate. heard they're not much good on the chew. those macs on the other hand...

rosco1974
11-03-2012, 07:45 PM
yeah why not come for a troll mate.plenty there...thinking if the weathers good i might try the coffee rocks off moreton for a few spotties and maybe go for a look for a squire or 4

cobiaman
11-03-2012, 08:34 PM
You could do worse than follow rosco around brett, he is on fire at the moment

Muddy Toes
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Ahhhhh........... the boats fixed and everyone comes out of hiding;D:D8-)

cobiaman
11-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Ahhhhh........... the boats fixed and everyone comes out of hiding;D:D8-)

Thats how it normally works isnt it :D

Muddy Toes
11-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Nothing wrong with being the official reporter mate....breaking the news when it happens.

Bull
12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
So you ready for a trip on Sunday if the weather is ok Graeme? I'm itching to get back on the water.

Anthony are you back in Brizzy this weekend coming?

Muddy Toes
12-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Yeah mate fly in on the morning of Sunday 18th

cobiaman
12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Yea mate, im working most saturdays for the next couple of months but im free for sundays

Bull
12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Christ talk about hijacking my own thread and going off topic ::) but I think we should test the wheel bearings and brakes this weekend if the weather is good. Say leave from Manly Sunday morning.

Anthony I'm guessing your up for a trip off shore Sunday if the weather is ok. Just a bit later start for you?

cobiaman
12-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Christ talk about hijacking my own thread and going off topic ::) but I think we should test the wheel bearings and brakes this weekend if the weather is good. Say leave from Manly Sunday morning.

Anthony I'm guessing your up for a trip off shore Sunday if the weather is ok. Just a bit later start for you?

Sounds like a good plan mate!

rosco1974
12-03-2012, 06:41 PM
i am going sat pob...will let u boys know where there biting...not sure where i will go as weather isnt looking flash but its only early days

wags on the water
12-03-2012, 06:55 PM
i am going sat pob...will let u boys know where there biting...not sure where i will go as weather isnt looking flash but its only early days

Gday Rosco, I'm looking at heading somewhere on Friday, but the forecast thus far is sh!tty.

rosco1974
12-03-2012, 07:26 PM
good luck wags hope you get onto a few

Muddy Toes
12-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Sunday is a maybe at the moment Brett, my boat is in Shailer Park at the moment so I'll have to get it from there first on Sunday morning making me a really late starter if I go out.
To be honest I'm actually looking forward to getting it out of Shailer Park......don't trust that place and it's residents, they all seem a bit iffie to me.
Anyway good luck to all that are going out.

wags on the water
12-03-2012, 10:23 PM
Sunday is a maybe at the moment Brett, my boat is in Shailer Park at the moment so I'll have to get it from there first on Sunday morning making me a really late starter if I go out.
To be honest I'm actually looking forward to getting it out of Shailer Park......don't trust that place and it's residents, they all seem a bit iffie to me.
Anyway good luck to all that are going out.

I wonder who lives there? ::)::)::) :-X

Muddy Toes
12-03-2012, 10:59 PM
God's amongst fisherman live there:-?:-[:P

Bull
12-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Wonders where Wags might live ::)