PDA

View Full Version : The drought is broken!!!

womp
11-03-2012, 03:32 PM
First and foremost a huge thank-you to Trevelly for the invite to go out off mooloolaba with him yesterday in his boat.

We left the marina at 530 in the morning and headed out to Gneerings did a quick troll but there were a few other boats around. So we decided to motor down towards 12 mile, made a stop along the way for a drift ontop of some promising ground, caught a few small reef fish that lived to fight another day. Then out of nowhere another boat appeared and decided to take up residence right ontop of our drift line, how very inconsiderate...

Headed further down to twelve mile and hit on a very large patch of fish on the sounder so we set up for a few drifts, pulled up a few mother in law fish, but then i hooked up to a 35cm Cod which went back with a message to tell mum and dad to come out and play. Re set the drift and this time i pulled up a 47cm Cod which went straight on ice, Yipee the drought was broken!!!. Not long after Trevelly pulled up a nice sized tusk fish which also went on ice.

After picking up some slimey's for live baits we decided to head out to a wreck just past the Cobe wreck then come back to Cobe. One big hit resulted in nothing, i just wasn't quick enough. But the rest of the livies were lost on mother in law fish, a bit dishartning.

Tried a few spots on the way back in but nothing to add to the ice box.

I'm so grateful to Trevelly for taking me out but im not sure how soon id do it again, i awoke this morning with a really sore lower back from all the bouncing about. Oh well the things we do...

About to go and fire up the BBQ and share a wonderfull dinner with the neighbors.

Once again thanks Trevelly.

David.

BillyT2382
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Nice work womp well done looks like ya all had a awesome day...Nice fish to mate.

cheers
Billy

robersl
11-03-2012, 07:06 PM
G'day David good report long time no see

shane

womp
12-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Thanks Shane,

We should go fishing again sometime in the future. Im headed out tomorrow mornings to try the mouth of Caboolture river.

David

TREVELLY
13-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Don't worry David after that long day out I felt a bit average on Sunday morning too - yep the price we pay :)

I bet when winter comes and a few snapper pics are posted you will be keen as mustard to get back out there. ;)

PM me your email address and I will send you a few pics from Saturday if you like.

So did your cooking do the fish justice? We barbecued the tuskfish and it was yum and cooked some beer battered AJ from previous trip - all good. :beer:

womp
13-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I bbq baked the fish, stuffed with orange chives and garlic. It was delicious.

Todddo
13-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Good to see your broke your drought!
Awesome write up :)