PDA

View Full Version : Jabsco Deck Wash 4.0

waterbouy
10-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I purchased a Jabsco 4.0 deck wash kit from whittikers (approx $250) about 6months ago and have finally found the time to install it. Can any1 assist in how the pick up is ment to be? It calls for a 3/4' reinforced hose line. But that would look odd hanging over the back of the boat. How do they usually finish the pick up? Also how many cm head will the pump pull/ suck?

Cheers in advance

googarra
10-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi there,

now right or totally wrong, this is how I fitted mine.

The only thing I left to chance was the pickup line outside the boat. What I did was zippy tie a flexible 3/4 pickup pipe outside a skin fitting I drilled through the back of the transon. I figured that this was always going to be there for the pump and not a mistake.

I have a pod with a step board and small rail on either side so I just zippy tied the hose down it and left a long tail into the water just to see how it worked. When under way it just lifts up and when stopped, sinks back into the water.

Now after a year or more using this I cannot see why I would change it. All I have to do is turn the pump on (dash switch) and if someone turns the tap on on the bait board, or pulls out the flex/coil hose from inside a transom hatch, just purge the air and it turns off waiting for further use. I had all intensions of fabricating a stainless pickup neatly following the transom and into a forward facing tube with a gauze grill, but really not necessary unless fanatical.

What I did do, lots of transam room though, was place a 10 litre fresh water jerry can inside the transom acess through a hatch and use a twin plastic tap system to either use sea water, or 10 litres of fresh water. This complies with legislation for water on board as it is not fitted in and just has a hose and elbow going down through the lid to the bottom.

If sh!t hits the fan, the 10 lites can be just lifted out for emergency water.

When cleaning the boat I use this to fresh water clean the pump and bait board, not that it ev77822er been used for a bait board, just a throw your sh!t into tray.

In answer to your questions

1) The pump will pick up from a long way, mine is arou77821nd 1 metre above sea level and only takes a few seconds.

2) Use a skin fitting up high, and elbow if necessary to have a hose down into the drink. 77820No other holes to drill or screw to. Given your boat design you may need to clamp the hose somewhere else above water level.

My only downside to th77819is system was its lack of pressure compared to domestic pressure, but we have lots of pressure here

Upside is that it is a great way to gill wash fi77818sh, partially clean the boat at sea, and have the deckies partially clean the boat.

Good system to have on a boat, girlie trips have fresh water fo77817r the coffee/ washing up at the normal turn of a tap on the back board when out. Serious fishing has it for washwown.

Pics of mine, hope this helps77816

And I dont really know why the pics are spread all over the post but you can get the gist of it

waterbouy
11-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Great, that is exactly what I was after, photo's and all!

Anyone finished it with a flush mount under the boat or a scoop pick up like the live bait tanks?
Any photo's / links would be great!