PDA

View Full Version : DF 140 Oil alarm

Squidlet
10-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Gday all, just a quick question regarding the oil alarm on my df140.So key turn beep,then oil alarm beeeeeep,oiled checked and the level is fine,so the question is why is this happening and is it ok to reset the oil alarm? Engine has done 15hrs.
Cheers Chris.

rosco1974
10-03-2012, 05:53 PM
mate it could be a voltage drop alarm ..mine does it every now and then on my cat
cheers rosco

Jarrah Jack
10-03-2012, 05:58 PM
My 70 used to do it sometimes. Used to scare the bejesus out of me. It would go away then come back some early mornings just to see if I was awake. Could never work it out.

jtpython
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Cause of the 15 hours up it might be registaring for your first 20 hour service

Dan5
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
It means that the oil is old and needs some e-tec oil to fix the problem.....

Squidlet
10-03-2012, 09:46 PM
So it sounds like that their is nothing sinister goen on and a reset should not be a drama.No need for the E-tec oil yet, if pain pursists i will have to seak some Gropanopolis advice!
Cheers chris.

lethal
10-03-2012, 09:54 PM
i serviced my df90 in January and bought some parts from "Jeffers motorsport" in Burpengary, the guys there were more than helpful with my questions and directed me in the right direction. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call and ask. Have had bad experiences with other marine shops but recommend these guys.
Good luck.
Lee

odes20
10-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Sounds like the built in beeper advising of first service. My 175 starts beeping every 100 hours advising its due. Haven't you read your manual or consulted the dealer you bought it from?
They will tell you immediately if it's the routine beeper .

Mrs Ronnie H
10-03-2012, 10:26 PM
i serviced my df90 in January and bought some parts from "Jeffers motorsport" in Burpengary, the guys there were more than helpful with my questions and directed me in the right direction. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a call and ask. Have had bad experiences with other marine shops but recommend these guys.
Good luck.
Lee

I was going to suggest the same. From memory my brothers motor did same-- nothing to worry about. If you're close by and are due for 20 hour service i would take it to Keith at Jeffers-- top bloke, top job.

Ronnie

Dan5
10-03-2012, 10:27 PM
So it sounds like that their is nothing sinister goen on and a reset should not be a drama.No need for the E-tec oil yet, if pain pursists i will have to seak some Gropanopolis advice!
Cheers chris.

The Acropolis service centre will fix it for some olives and cheese....did you say it was a Valiant?

Squidlet
11-03-2012, 06:56 AM
The Acropolis service centre will fix it for some olives and cheese....did you say it was a Valiant?

Going out today to get some nice brown shag pile for the console and jimmy something up to hang cross from! Has your bucket of bolts done this Dan?
Cheers chris.