PDA

View Full Version : Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

Linedropper
07-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering what you all use to keep going for a full day's fishing (12 hours).

I am not a coffee drinker so I keep going on water, Powerade for something sweeter than water, coke (in can), corn chips and cheese and gerkin sandwiches (a family tradition for fishing trips). If i'm not skipper then add a six pack of beer to that list.

PinHead
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
a packet of smokes

fisho_83
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM
BBQ Shapes :)

FishHunter
07-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Depends on swmbo if she is in the mood then it's nice sandwiches and snacks if she isn't then it's a bag of crisps and lollies from the servo. Heaps of water and some coke and very seldom beer

TimD
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I always take 2 cans of V black, Red Rock Deli Chips, Bottle of water and usually some chicken and mayo sangas.

cheers tim :)

Dan5
07-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Salami/pepperoni sticks wagon wheels and some beers.............always have a 10ltr ice water jug aswell..........jerky is good also.

Dan

Muddy Toes
07-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Pack of durries, pack of servo chips, 6 pack of V and an ice break.

Dignity
I will make some sangers, take some powerade, corn chips, boiled salted peanuts and some ginger beer and occassionally some muesli bars. But if I am with the old cheeses she makes it all and I get what she serves up, which are better quality sangers, some soft drink, sometimes some cornchips, some mueseli bars but notmuch else. I found the w00lies Select mueselie bars seem to be about the best value but have been trying a few others out. My normal crew hate it when I take the boiled salted peanuts but I don't seem to tbe the only one eating them.

MudRiverDan
Usually a pack of those fruit muesli bar things, the fancy coated ones, as the plain ones are bloody rough.
And a bottle of coke or one of those powerade drinks.

cheers

TimD
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
6 pack of V

Do you down 6 cans ???

shy guys
07-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Jerky always keeps you going but you can't beat the butane cooker with a good steak or sausages cold beverages feel like going fishing now just thinking about it. Oh yer can't forget the smokes either

patske
07-03-2012, 08:30 PM
A 4pack of bundaberg ginger beer, a bottle of water and a packet of smokes - I get some strange looks trolling up the pine and cab river drinking my ginger beer at 7 in the morning lol

Muddy Toes
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Do you down 6 cans ???

Yeah pretty much Tim.......being the skipper I'm usually up hours earlier than everyone else getting things ready then the drive to the ramp, drive the boat all day, fish all day, drive home, clean boat blablabla I'm usually pretty buggered by middayish so that's when the V comes in to it's own, V...oh how I love you!!!!But as a consolation I usually drink a heap of water throughout the day as well.

Oh and NO......I don't do a full pack of smokes;D
despite what Phill and some others may say.:-X

PinHead
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
crikies..you blokes going for a week or a day..do you get time to fish or too busy eating?????

TimD
07-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Yeah pretty much Tim.......being the skipper I'm usually up hours earlier than everyone else getting things ready then the drive to the ramp, drive the boat all day, fish all day, drive home, clean boat blablabla I'm usually pretty buggered by middayish so that's when the V comes in to it's own, V...oh how I love you!!!!But as a consolation I usually drink a heap of water throughout the day as well.

Oh and NO......I don't do a full pack of smokes;D

despite what Phill and some others may say.:-X

If i did 6 cans i reckon id be awake for 3 days straight :o

My dentist hates V, he reckons its like battery acid ::)

rosco1974
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
normally a couple of bottles of water and a bag of chips...get a servo pie on the way to the ramp and an ice break

mojoe1
07-03-2012, 08:51 PM
i like a chock bar of sum sort also a tin of frankfurts can of coke and some water.

Linedropper
07-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks all. Some good suggestions.

For Saturday's trip I'll pack a Mars Bar, powerades, cokes, V's, sangas and corn chips. Type 2 diabetes here I come!

Forgot the smokes in my first post so they'll be coming along just don't forget two lighters for when one goes bung! Bit hard to find two sticks to rub together for fire out there.

Dan5
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Cold Kentucky if going over night...............mmmmmmmmmmm..........k-e-n-t-u-c-k-y-..........

EdBerg
07-03-2012, 09:05 PM
For me it's pretty much whatever the missus puts in the esky, I leave it up to her, I do the essentials, fishing gear, safety gear, water, fuel, check the bungs are in, check that everything works and drive the boat , and the rest is her department so I leave it to her, she makes sure we are provided for, rolls, salad, cold meats, soft drinks, sweets, sunblock ect.

Far be it for me to interfere in what she does, .... I'm not that brave!;D

Giffo65
07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
A pie and coffee milk on the way to the ramp.Some sangas,biscuits and cheese dips in the pack, a few cans of coke and some good tank water,also a pack of red frogs lollies for uppers late in the day.

BillyT2382
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol myself i love roast meat sandwhiches, packet of potatoe chips and container of grapes, 3lt bottle ice water, bottle of fizzy, or 6 pk of xxxxgold i think that should cover it hahahaha...
Oh forgot ciggy's lol

Cheers
Billy

wayno60
07-03-2012, 09:36 PM
a packet of smokes
that go's without saying..

If its a day trip a cpl of those small cans of coke, (they fit into the food esky better).2 ham and cheese sangers, a few packs of bbq shapes...

Of a night, a cpl of those small cans of coke, (they fit into the food esky better).2 ham and cheese sangers, a few packs of bbq shapes...

Over nighter, a 2lt bottle of coke, (fits in the big esky).4 ham and cheese sangers, a few packs of bbq shapes...

All the above are accompanied with a pack of longbeach original 30's.and a spare lighter. (really hate when the lighter dies and your only a few hours into an all nighter)..

cheers

Fafnir
07-03-2012, 10:37 PM

How is your heart rate after 6 V's? If driving at night and getting tired, one can will pretty much pick me up for 4 to 5 hours. But that's the limit. More than one can in the space of 12 hours and my heart feels like it's doing the macarena.

Muddy Toes
07-03-2012, 10:43 PM
I think I've got a pretty good tolerance to caffeine I can drink the stuff before going to bed and sleep fine same goes with drinking coffee before I go to sleep.Caffeine seems to give me a bit of a pick up with out making me superhypobouncingoftheceiling with my heart beating a million miles an hour.

wayno60
08-03-2012, 12:28 AM
superhypobouncingoftheceiling
that word aint in the dictionary....

Axl
08-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Cant wait till netmaker sees this thread from what ive heard his galley is allways stocked lol;).

For me as most have said pie/sausage roll with a chocolate milk on the way to the ramp couple of cokes, chocolate bar or two, water (required buy law) and the pouch of tobacco.

stonecold
08-03-2012, 08:16 AM
I normally take 4-6 ham and cheese sangas...I never see em or eat em though. Having a 17yo on board all I ever get to see is the empty bag. I've started to wise up little and now I put tomato and chutney on half the sangas...he steps around those like he would a dog turd on the footpath

marto78
08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
A 12hr trip for me we usually call into maccas at the Nudgee shell servo for breakfast and fuel.
Grab an energy drink for the trip out, a box of pringles and maybe some servo sangas, plenty of durries, water and a 6 pack of beers.

If its a 2 or 3 day trip well we usually take an esky just for the food and another esky full of golds plus a few rumbos for at night.

grinner2
08-03-2012, 08:25 AM
What no one eats bananas ??????????????????

Dan5
08-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I didn't realise there was so many smokers out there still..........One of the main reasons i gave up(5 1/2 months) was i felt like a leper now a days.........should of hung out with you mob a bit more..........good ol durries were a nice appetite surpresant thats for sure!!!

Dan

nathank
08-03-2012, 09:00 AM
powerade, can of V, salami and cheese sambo and a few muesli bars for me. if the fishings hot none of it gets eatn otherwise it gets nailed ;)

Peter4
08-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Thermos of coffee (summer & winter), powerade, water, twisties, chips, BBQ shapes and Mars bars...

Sometimes I do take bananas and guess what? - the catch rate is not affected!

Mrs Ronnie H
08-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi
You guys need to think seriously. V drinks, coke, chips. You know there is over 12 teaspoons of sugar in one can of coke.

Whats wrong with making a couple of sandwiches the night before-- Ham, cheese, even vegemite would be better than all that junk you fella's are living on.

The night before we go i always make a sanger or two, have the flasks ready for the hot water. I only drink tea, Hubby takes a couple of beers and we always have plenty of cold water. Take a bickie or two to have with the cuppa but thats it.

Ronnie

Jakers 69
08-03-2012, 12:13 PM
BBQ boerewors, tjops of the prev evening, buns,s&v chips, jelly tots ,lots of water,powerade and lots of ice

Cheers
J

tropicrows
08-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Raspberry cordial, BBQ shapes, cold pizza (muddy toes got me started on this), boiled lollies and some water.

2IC
08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Since I'm the skipper whatever the crew bring along:P plus water & a few cold ones:D

Bull
08-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Hi
You guys need to think seriously. V drinks, coke, chips. You know there is over 12 teaspoons of sugar in one can of coke.

Whats wrong with making a couple of sandwiches the night before-- Ham, cheese, even vegemite would be better than all that junk you fella's are living on.

The night before we go i always make a sanger or two, have the flasks ready for the hot water. I only drink tea, Hubby takes a couple of beers and we always have plenty of cold water. Take a bickie or two to have with the cuppa but thats it.

Ronnie

Yes Mum we know but we are all so super keen to get out there on the water we kinda forget about food untill we are at the servo fueling up and eating our pie and ice break for breaky. ;D

Te Whiti
08-03-2012, 01:28 PM
a whole roast chicken....always goes down well when you break it up for some bread rolls, BBQ shapes, fruit juice poppers , water, solo cans and a couple of beers for the return leg home.

GM-Bluewater
08-03-2012, 01:44 PM
A pack of durries, cans of coke, ham and cheese sanga's and a big bag of chips for the trip in!! And also plenty of water. Got to love the fresh fish sauce from resting a sanga on the cutting board if you hook up!!

Captain Seaweed
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Raspberry cordial, BBQ shapes, cold pizza (muddy toes got me started on this), boiled lollies and some water.

Muddy Toes???????? I believe the skipper of White Rhino requested this as staples on boat a long time ago Bruce "alzimers" Tropicrows!

Marty...sold out by his crew

fishfeeder
08-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't eat that much on the water... But a mate got me onto muesli bars, so grab a box and a bottle of water for the day..
If I get excited I will grab a chook and pull it apart out on the water. and a 6 pack of beer for the day if its going to be a full day.

If the better half is coming its about 3 packets of chips, Water, Coke, Lollies, chook, bread rolls etc.... and we end up bring 99% back home with us.... crazy.

A mate liked sardines on bread until I slipped a filleted pilli onto his sanga when he wasn't looking !!! I nearly ended up in the drink with that one, but it was worth it.

fat-buoy
08-03-2012, 02:35 PM
I have one of those little shorty thermo flasks and get the frankfurts.. stick a few in the thermo and add the rest with boiling water and hey preto a hot meal is waiting... still haven't worked out the easy as solution for tomato sauce so I tend to not worry.... just remember to bring a fork or you will be digging into the hot water with your fingers (like I usually end up doing :) )

Add to that some bickies and maybe a chockie bar if I think to buy one... anything that doesn't involve too much preparation is tops I reckon ;)

choppa
08-03-2012, 02:50 PM
gee's,,, i've never seen a thread before that is so designated to fisher people who use plastics,,,,

after i dip my fingers into the bait container (which is normally a "chinese takeaway plastic thingy), thats full of either mullet strips,,, prawn or steak strips,,, soaking in good old Tuna Oil,,,, the appetite side of fishing doesn't really concern me until i'm back home and had 3 showers

Longbeach x 2 (in case one gets wet),,, couple of scotch n cokes,,, soda water,,,,

chopjr use to take half the kitchen tho',,,, he is a bit more restrained nowadays

Funchy
08-03-2012, 03:51 PM
anything I can get my hands on but my favourites are cold lamb and tomato sauce sandwhiches made with the left over roast and really fresh bread or cold corned beef, onion, peas and corn fritters made with the left over corned beef. Add some curry to the batter.......... yummmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Summy12
08-03-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm with Dan. Can't believe there are so many smokers left. When I smoked water, smokes and cpl packets of chips was plenty. But since I have given up smoking 12 mths ago I take cold snag sandwiches, chips and Gatorade at least

PinHead
08-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Hi

Ronnie

LOL Mrs H..too much suger in white bread and vegemite..plus the labour and time content to make. Easier just to grab the other goodies straight off the shelf..ready to go. No time to waste when going fishing.

tunaticer
08-03-2012, 06:38 PM
For a full day on the water I have my rolled oats prior to going regardless of the early morning hour and a coffee.
I pack one thigh pocket full of muesli bars and the other with a packet of lollies like werthers originals or similar.
I pack one litre of water in the open and let it be whatever the temp of the day is.......reason for that is iced water is moorish and lasts no time, day temp water will slake a thirst with about 1/4 of the amount compared to iced water. I take iced water or coke that is chilled and only drink that when i am eating.
For a main meal in my boat I always have the smoker on board and most full days sees me smoking a fresh fish or crab on the bank or on the alloy deck over the anchor well.

The hardest thing of all though is to be on the water without gum or something because after 25yrs as a smoker I developed habit smokes when fishing and even though its now over a decade since i gave them away, that urge still resides in me.

My boat also has an emergency supply of tinned peaches and tinned spaghetti just in case.

I always have some form of lollies on the water and i usually preserve the majority for the drive home because I have come across two ppl so far (one in my boat and one other at a place I was fishing at) that were diabetics and went on a big low, both times lucky I had something to give them to bring them around. Lots of ppl are not diagnosed to have diabetes.

Jarrah Jack
08-03-2012, 07:03 PM
I rarely take food. Sometimes I'm so keen I don't even bother with breakfast then I get out there and think I should've eaten something. Once the fish start biting its all forgotten.

A few of my mates like to start drinking straight away and snapper season that means about 4am. Not me, I prefer to wait until a bit later. One mate likes his home brew and brings a special 5ltr container of it with its own little gas supply. Its always finished off but not by me 'cause I'm a sensible skipper.

Muddy Toes
08-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Muddy Toes???????? I believe the skipper of White Rhino requested this as staples on boat a long time ago Bruce "alzimers" Tropicrows!

Marty...sold out by his crew

Top idea that pizza hey Bruce.......I can't believe I came up with that all on my own, a stroke of brilliance if I do say so myself;D;D;D;D;D;D

NAGG
08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Gourmet food for me ....... specially when we do our big trips up north :) Rolls with tandoori chicken , avocado , tomato & sometimes coleslaw. We started buying whole leg ham for ham and salad rolls.
Usually the deckie has the job of making them up ....... washed down with an icy cold beer - a day out becomes very civil .
In the cooler months - a thermos of coffee is usually taken along with a pkt of dark chocolate tim tams or mini cherry ripes :P It's funny how some deckies laugh - till they have some ;) .
Finally - i've been out a few times where a burner is dragged out and snags are cooked up and even bacon and egg rolls.

No ..... for me , a big day out on the water needs a good feed - specially if some of these days turn out to be 14-16 hours

Chris

NAGG
08-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Top idea that pizza hey Bruce.......I can't believe I came up with that all on my own, a stroke of brilliance if I do say so myself;D;D;D;D;D;D

\Dont laugh .... a mate and I discussed having pizza delivered when we were having a late night jewie fish in the Brissy River last winter = I reckon it could be a goer this year

Chris

Linedropper
08-03-2012, 07:30 PM
What's the deal with frankfurts? Can you cook them in a thermos with water below boiling point?

If I'm not skipper add copious amounts of beer to my list. The last time I was crew we had two cartons of Coopers Pale ale for a Sailfish trip off Broome for us three crew. We were pretty lit up by 2pm. Prob not the best idea in hindsight especially when you hit the beach at low tide (6pm that day) and try to get the boat back on the trailer off the beach. Managed that somehow but others were having trouble and we were next to useless. Good day.

SunnyCoastMark
08-03-2012, 07:34 PM
In a 15' centre console - there is usually not much room to eat 5 star - so we take apples, muesli bars packet of corner chips or shapes of some sort. Sometimes a packet of lollies if there is something on special at the servo.
For drinks - frozen water; Ginger beer; fruit juice (also frozen)

Often stop at Maccas on the way back - in summer - for something nice and cold - in winter - something hot.

Mark

PinHead
08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I have to ask..what do you blokes and ladies eat during a normal work day?
A typical day for me is 2 or 3 coffees between 3am and 5am with equivalent number of smokes..then nothing until dinner..occassionally grab something on the run during the day but not often.

timddo
08-03-2012, 07:47 PM
My new workers has a cigerette

NAGG
08-03-2012, 07:55 PM
In a 15' centre console - there is usually not much room to eat 5 star - so we take apples, muesli bars packet of corner chips or shapes of some sort. Sometimes a packet of lollies if there is something on special at the servo.
For drinks - frozen water; Ginger beer; fruit juice (also frozen)

Often stop at Maccas on the way back - in summer - for something nice and cold - in winter - something hot.

Mark

Mark.. Mark.. Mark = a ship load of room - we have had gourmet cooked food in a 12ft tinnie :P . we usually carry a 60lt esky which has enough room for a 5lt clip it storage box filled with all the things we need for a good feed - except the bread or rolls.
During the quiet times ..... making and eating a nice feed just about guarantees a fish on ::)

Chris

TimD
08-03-2012, 07:59 PM
My new workers has a cigerette

Engrish please tim :P

Tailortaker
08-03-2012, 08:09 PM
For me a short trip is a snickers bar, cheese & onion smiths, a couple cans of coke and the pack of smokes. for extended trips i also add a couple of chicken and mayo rolls, more coke, an extra pack of ciggies and maybe a beer or few. If I'm not the skipper the beers increase..

Tailortaker
08-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi

Ronnie
Oh come on Ronnie,, how much sugar is in that rocky road that you spoil us with ? ;D;D;D

gpz1991
08-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Depends on the crew, comp weekends cook on the boat anything form snags to burgers or prawns, if tying up at marina mate has full slide out kitchen in back of his ute the the 5 star barby starts. Day trips off shore bacon and egg roll for brekky sandwich for lunch lots of water, lollies for quick fix, chips for munches, have a store of healthy snack bars and tinned fruit on boat as a back up

SCOTTYGC
08-03-2012, 09:09 PM
What's the deal with frankfurts? Can you cook them in a thermos with water below boiling point?

If I'm not skipper add copious amounts of beer to my list. The last time I was crew we had two cartons of Coopers Pale ale for a Sailfish trip off Broome for us three crew. We were pretty lit up by 2pm. Prob not the best idea in hindsight especially when you hit the beach at low tide (6pm that day) and try to get the boat back on the trailer off the beach. Managed that somehow but others were having trouble and we were next to useless. Good day.

Make sure you cook your hot dogs first

Pop them in the thermos and top up with boiling water
Fresh bread and some tomato sauce
Awesome

We have pulled in to the runaway bay shopping centre jetty and head to the food hall for Maccas for breakfast and coffee

Damned67
09-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I normally fish solo. I tend to have a nice big plate of scrambled eggs and a cup o tea for breakfast before leaving (even at 3am).
Then my esky is filled with bottles of cold water, and maybe a couple of light beers, but never any food.
Not taking food forces me back to shore. I can easily got to midday without eating after a good breakfast. If I took lunch with me, I'd never get off the water.

fat-buoy
09-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I was fishing out of Maroom a while back now and was casting soft plastics into the mangroves when I smelt this beautiful aroma of fresh cooked fish and bacon... look around and a 12' tinny with two blokes on board are slowly drifting by and have got the gas cooker on one of those rail mount cutting boards and are cooking up a storm.. I have to tell you my guts was stinging with hunger for about an hour after they left as it smelt so bloody good.. haha

lucee81
09-03-2012, 01:08 PM
if i have been a good boy the mrs normally packs a decent lunch of chicken/salad sandwiches and also has a nibbles platter going with crackers olives ham cheeses and a special chilli and cream cheese dip that i normally have to fight hte deckie for.
Otherwise its whatever i can find in the fridge and Shapes are a must pizza or bbq im not fussy...

outwide1
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
As you tell by my sporting physique carrot sticks,celery sticks and light cream cheese is out.lol
But chicken sandwiches for dinner,chilli wurst sausage and cheese with dips and water crackers whilst trolling,washed down with
a jim beam.

TimD
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
washed down with a jim beam.

Poor taste :P

At least make it a Jack Daniels :thumbsup:

pipifin
09-03-2012, 03:07 PM

Frankfurts are actually pre coked so you could eat them cold if you needed to.... In fact, I reckon there is so little ACTUAL meat in them that there isn't really any way they COULD go off.... damn they taste good though.

I usually take about 12 teaspoons of sugar, but I get it pre-mixed with some carbonated purified water (thats gotta be good for ya), some food acid (338,) artificial colouring, and caffeine.
I grab a bag of chips from the servo to ensure I'm not lacking in my daily intake of salt, vegetables and preservatives and wash it all down with the oil from the bait on my fingers.

Yum

pipifin
09-03-2012, 03:08 PM
The use of bait also ensures that I'm too busy catching fish to eat anything else :P

PinHead
09-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Poor taste :P

At least make it a Jack Daniels :thumbsup:

they are both disgusting..I cannot fathom how bourbon is so popular..sickly sweet taste..poor mans whiskey

fisho8
09-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Gatorade red rock deli salt and vinegar chips chicken and salad samdwiches and a couple of XXXX Summer Bright's. Then Snapper for dinner with salad washed down with an ice cold beer.

MudRiverDan
09-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Make sure you cook your hot dogs first

Pop them in the thermos and top up with boiling water
Fresh bread and some tomato sauce
Awesome

We have pulled in to the runaway bay shopping centre jetty and head to the food hall for Maccas for breakfast and coffee

well when your full you can always throw one on the hook.

murf
09-03-2012, 05:41 PM
a packet of Tim Tams for breakfast always :)

cheers Murf

webby
09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Usually a few cold rumbos are the go, or some dead cold chook to wash it down.

robersl
09-03-2012, 07:36 PM
food
thats the deckie's problem to provide i will eat anything they bring

Jarrah Jack
10-03-2012, 05:54 PM
they are both disgusting..I cannot fathom how bourbon is so popular..sickly sweet taste..poor mans whiskey

Pigs Ars*

Sour whiskey is for sour puss's

deepfried
10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Sausage and egg mcmuffin and a quell for breakfast. 2 litres of water. Lunch is normally a couple of chicken and mayo rolls and I throw in a bag or two of lollies and or corn chips. Normally take some fruit as well.
I am going to try some frankfurts for sure this winter. Great idea

Mrs Ronnie H
10-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Oh come on Ronnie,, how much sugar is in that rocky road that you spoil us with ? ;D;D;D

Hey Grant-- Rocky Road is for special occassions and probably not as much sugar in one slice as in one can of COKE. Thought Choppa would of jumped on the rocky road trail :)

Be over bribie from the 19th on ocean side beach for a week. Drop up if you have nothing to do for a chat.

Ronnie

Mr__Bean
10-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Our sustanance is pretty much always the same.

Roast chicken, bag of bread rolls, large coleslaw.

Also, and not to be forgotten, is a pack of Coles Anzac Biscuits in the clear plastic tub out front of their bakery section.

Cheese corn chips for those that get an upset tummy (always helps).

Darren

Squidlet
11-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Water is always a good start,the ol dirty bird and a few roles,then the ol XXXX gold staple diet on the water.
Cheers Chris.
Ps.Cant forget the Pauls Ice Coffe only down side is this stuff is like a lacsative about 20mins and ya gut starts doen strange things!!! :-?

phantomphisher
11-03-2012, 08:59 AM
What no one eats bananas ??????????????????

Yeah. Love bananas. Always take a bunch ... Can never decide whether to crumb and fry or put them in the smoker after a quiet day on the water ... :)

Agrav8_and_Lulu
11-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone,

My family takes some apples, bananas, carrots to nibble on. For lunch tinned tuna on bread and plenty of water. All thanks to the better half. And some lollies thrown in the mix.

cheers.

Lancair
11-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Couple of 750ml ice breaks, a snickers, packet of chewy lollies, the popular sugar free brand (my brother laughed at me for buyin em. He certainly didnt refrain from eatin em later on) and water in addition to that your req'd to have.
If I think it might be long day out, I like to get a kg of chicken wings, cut up in sections, marinated in my own brew, inc fresh chilli. Marinate all day and cook the night before whilst prepping other gear. Cold, sticky, spicy, sweet, yummy at any time on the water.

A mate ALWAYS brings a fruit cake, the woolies homebrand, square fruit cake. We always laugh, but eat some too.

Dan5
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Water is always a good start,the ol dirty bird and a few roles,then the ol XXXX gold staple diet on the water.
Cheers Chris.
Ps.Cant forget the Pauls Ice Coffe only down side is this stuff is like a lacsative about 20mins and ya gut starts doen strange things!!! :-?

Pauls.......jeez........Iced coffee one hand bog roll the other...LOL......

lucee81
12-03-2012, 08:36 AM

After moving south i can assure you not many down this way will even know what a Pauls is...
I almost miss it... and very much would if i didnt give up the smokes..

choppa
13-03-2012, 09:01 AM
i asked this bloke what he likes to take with him fishing,,,, he answered the ""house""

Squidlet
13-03-2012, 05:15 PM
After moving south i can assure you not many down this way will even know what a Pauls is...
I almost miss it... and very much would if i didnt give up the smokes..

Mate was the same loved a dart with the old ice coffe,it almost makes the effect twice as quick!!!!!!
Cheers Chris.

Squidlet
13-03-2012, 05:18 PM

Come on Dan,you know you dont need bog roll after a Pauls its user freindly minimal fuss,its just a gush!!!!;D
Cheers Chris.

URAGANGI
13-03-2012, 07:26 PM
My favorite would be about 6 home grown boiled eggs, a big bag of peanuts (unsalted). The missus best chicken wraps and a premix of the old original Staminade (deep chilled for that extra bite). And last 6 smokes only. ( after that tuff it out Time too give up). Ok all set too go for at least another 16hrs or so.