PDA

View Full Version : Adding a pod to an aluminium boat

Mudlicker
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Hi Guys , I am looking into adding a full width pod to my 435 Tabs territory , boat is of plate construction with 4 mm bottom and 3 mm everywhere else . I want to add this for extra hull length and flotation and will fill in the outboard cut out to give a smooth rear end . has any one had this done , if so were you happy with the results .

Cheers

johncar
06-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I can understand why you would want to do that, and it may improve the boats capability. I haven't done one but I would be weighing up carefully the full cost and effort required, how long the boat will be out of action etc. Possible consequences of the extra length vs the extra bouyancy, more load on the engine.
Cost of extending the cables and steering if you have foward controls blah blah. It's good to ask the questions, hopefully somebody who has done it will give you some feedback on the results.
Otherwise the builder if they are contactable should be able to advise you if it is sensible. Sometimes easier to sell and buy what you want, always seems to be plent of good boats around for sale.
nGood luck with it..