PDA

View Full Version : Brissie tinnie and tackle show

wayno60
06-03-2012, 03:30 PM
23rd-25th March, cant think of a better way to spend my birthday, well i could8-) but it will do...:-?

PinHead
06-03-2012, 03:48 PM
haha wayne..I just had a birthday on sunday..was fantastic..lunch with 2 of the grandkids.

now don't spend too much at the tinnie and tackle show..you could get into trouble

TREVELLY
06-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Happy birthday guys.

My birthday is the Saturday after the show, so I will have to get something whilst there at the show before hand - hmmmm :)

Haven't made my mind up which day yet. Will look at speakers listed and see if one day really stands out. I did enjoy listening to Scalem's uncle's presentation last year.

wayno60
06-03-2012, 06:10 PM
you could get into trouble
nar its cool, the minister for finace likes going to the TnT show.....all is good..

NAGG
15-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Has anyone ever picked up some good buys or bargains at the show ? .......... what sort of things have you picked up ?

Sorry about the hijack :P

chris

Fillet`n`Release
15-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I'll hitting it up on the Friday. Saturday is voting day, so every man and his dog will be out on the weekend and probably hit up the show. Would've liked to see Paul Wortseling on the weekend but yeah, wayyy too busy for me.

Went to the Home Show the other week, the RNA is in a real mess with all the reno's going on. A lot of the old (down hill) areas are demolished now, not sure where they'll fit everything. Hope it's still as big and buzzing as last year's. Same goes for all the 4x4 stuff, where they used to do their demonstrations looks all gone.

Has anyone seen any entry discounts/promo's from sponsors (Club Marine, Waeco etc). I'll be taking a carload on the day, wouldn't hurt for some of these old pensioners I'll be taking :)

fisho8
15-03-2012, 07:00 PM
I will be there Friday got the day off work to go hopefull there will be some bargins there.

Muddy Toes
15-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Think I'll be going Friday...couple of speakers on that day I wouldn't mind listening to and catching up with.

Fillet`n`Release
17-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Just noticed a post on Club Marine's website offering 20% off entry fee if you flash your membership card at the gate.

Luc
18-03-2012, 02:32 AM
I'll be there from 0900 on Friday morning spending a few hours at the FFSAQ stand before having a look around.

malby
19-03-2012, 08:02 AM
The courier mail offers a 2 for 1 discount to people who get home delivery and its available via the net for such people. My neighbour has got it the last couple of years. There is also a 20% discount if you bring your RACQ card.

Agrav8_and_Lulu
19-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Finish work at 1:00 am friday morning and get a couple of hours sleep:zzz:. I've decided to get the train in so up at 5:00 am:freak:, will be at the gate by 9:00 am:D. There is a couple of forums I would like to attend which aren't on any other day, CAN'T WAIT!

Lucky_Phill
19-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Think I'll be going Friday...couple of speakers on that day I wouldn't mind listening to and catching up with.

I have decided to go in Friday as well.

See you there or travel in together ?

Cheers Phill

Muddy Toes
19-03-2012, 01:39 PM
I'll ring ya in a couple of days......

Lucky_Phill
19-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Ok..............

Lp

Lucky_Phill
19-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Friday, 23rd March 2012

9:15 …..........Using Sounders for Finding Reef & Fish …............Bill Corten
10:00 ….......The Inland Barra Track …................................Gary Fitzgerald
10:45 ….......Chasing Big Cobia in the Bay............................ Jason Comino
11:30 …......New Fishing & Boating Technology - Smart Phones Robbie Wells
12:15 …......The Fundamentals of Beach Fishing …..................Gary Howard
1:00 …......Big Tailor Tactics From the Surf ….............Dave "Nugget" Downie
1:45 …......Weigh In - BREAM QLD Open ….......................Simon Goldsmith
2:30............ Catching Bream on Lures Around Australia …........Tim Morgan
3:15 …......Is Your Boat Safe? …........................................Darryl Greentree
4:00......... Crossing Coastal Bars …...............................................Bi ll Corten

Looks like I'll be there for the 9.15 talk with Bill.

Sounds like a big day.............

:)

LP

Lucky_Phill
19-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Funny thing.

On the floor plan, website and exhibitors list.... no where does it identify the Expo Stage.

I rang MQ and they told me where it is, but seemed disinterested in knowing that it is not identified by number or name on their website.

" The 2012 Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show is pleased to be bringing you the much loved Fishing Expo featuring some of Queensland’s most respected names in recreational fishing. Presenters will be giving away the tips and tricks that work for them with plenty of opportunities to win some great prizes too - no wonder the fish are swimming scared!

Yes. all good, but WHERE is it ?????????????????

Anyway, it is in the Lower Walter Burnett building.
Between exhibitors 820, 870 and 841.

cheers LP

wayno60
19-03-2012, 05:00 PM
and for those going on sat and sun

Saturday, 24th March 2012
9:15 Fishing Q&A with Paul Worsteling Paul Worsteling
10:00 Berkley Kids Fishing Show Jason Ehrlich / Jason Medcalf
10:45 Monster Mulloway from Estuaries Dave "Nugget" Downie
11:30 Surf Fishing Gary Howard
12:15 Fishing Q&A with Paul Worsteling Paul Worsteling
1:00 Is Your Boat Safe? Darryl Greentree
1:45 Weigh In - BREAM Qld Open Simon Goldsmith
2:30 Barramundi for Beginners Jason Medcalf
3:15 Live Baiting for Mackerel & Wahoo John Gooding
4:00 Chasing Moreton Bay Snapper Jason Comino
4:45 Fishing Q&A with Paul Worsteling Paul Worsteling

Sunday, 25th March 2012
9:15 Fishing Q&A with Paul Worsteling Paul Worsteling
10:00 Berkley Kids Fishing Show Jason Ehrlich / Jason Medcalf
10:45 Is Your Boat Safe Darryl Greentree
11:30 Barramundi for Beginners Jason Medcalf
12:15 Fishing Q&A with Paul Worsteling Paul Worsteling
1:00 Surf Fishing Gary Howard
1:45 FINAL Weigh In - BREAM Qld Open Simon Goldsmith
2:30 Live Baiting for Mackerel & Wahoo John Gooding
3:15 Fishing Guide for the Upper Brisbane River - Where the Big Bass Lie Gary Fitzgerald
4:00 Fishing Q&A with Paul Worsteling Paul Worsteling

Have a nice day

madmackrel
19-03-2012, 07:06 PM
What day will Paul Worstelings wife be there.
Cheers MM

rosco1974
19-03-2012, 07:14 PM
the day your not there perry,but hopefully the day i am going

Mike Delisser
19-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Funny thing.

On the floor plan, website and exhibitors list.... no where does it identify the Expo Stage.

I rang MQ and they told me where it is, but seemed disinterested in knowing that it is not identified by number or name on their website.

" The 2012 Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show is pleased to be bringing you the much loved Fishing Expo featuring some of Queensland’s most respected names in recreational fishing. Presenters will be giving away the tips and tricks that work for them with plenty of opportunities to win some great prizes too - no wonder the fish are swimming scared!

Yes. all good, but WHERE is it ?????????????????

Anyway, it is in the Lower Walter Burnett building.
Between exhibitors 820, 870 and 841.

cheers LP

There's a floor plan in the current Bushn'Beach with the Fishing Expo Stage marked, and Worsteling will be there on Sat & Sun.

Lucky_Phill
19-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Mike........ you'd think MQ ( who stage the event ) would have it on THEIR floor plan.

As I said, I will be heading in on Friday now. Be at the expo from 9am.

Heading out of town Monday, first up and will need to pack up truck Sunday.

LP

Tangles
19-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Might see you there on Friday Phill, give you a call if so

NAGG
19-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Cheers MM

makes more sense than Paul !

charleville
20-03-2012, 10:21 AM
makes more sense than Paul !

Much more!

jaylay
20-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I picked up my Humminbird 798 for $1100 at the show last year (Pretty good considering they were advertised at $1500). I also managed a Daiwa Sol for $220 which I was happy with. The Allround Angler stand has some good Loomis and reel specials and are usually ok about doing deals.

PinHead
20-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Cheers MM

none..she is staying at my place and does not want to go to the show.

bluefin59
21-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I am working at the industrial pavilion at the RNA so I thought I would give you guys a heads up about parking on Friday which will be on the oval of Gregory terrace as usual but saterday and Sunday Gregory terrace will be closed near the RNA and parking will be of o'connell terrace which is on the northern side of the RNA . The y are running trains to the show grounds on the weekend , I am here now watching the boats come in it should be good by the looks of what's coming in . Keep it sAfe on the day and maybe catch the train if it suits ....Matt

charleville
21-03-2012, 11:37 AM
I will be there at opening time on Friday as well to hear Bill's talk.

I thought that that might be a bit risky as at some of these shows the line at the ticket office can be a bit long at opening time so I bought my ticket online and printed it out such that I can present it at the door and just walk straight in without having to stand in line at the ticket window.

There is an RACQ discount ticket price, for which the discount promo code is readily available at the RACQ site ...
http://www.racq.com.au/membership/member_discounts/syc_and_s_program/national_4x4_and_outdoors_show_and_brisbane_tinnie _and_tackle_show

I used to go to every fishing seminar at all of the various boat shows but after a while, I was not hearing anything new so I ceased to go to any of them a couple of years ago. However, there are a couple of new sessions in this year's program which will justify the time and entry fee and parking fee.

I never expect any great deals at these shows on tackle, however. I see a lot of junk getting sold and indeed did buy a flash looking Chinese made reel at one show a few years ago. It was good for a few outings and then disintegrated in my hands when I had a whopper on one night. ::)::)

Lucky_Phill
21-03-2012, 11:58 AM
see you there Charlie....... I should have a Agnes Ausfish M & G shirt on.

My cap will say......... ( Acient Mariner )

LP

timddo
21-03-2012, 12:00 PM
none..she is staying at my place and does not want to go to the show.

Can you still handle it Greg ::). You need to leave her for the younger generations.

We are talking fishing right ;D

tropicrows
21-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Hope to get there Sat, and if I do I’ll be wearing my Ausfish shirt.

bluefin59
23-03-2012, 07:32 AM
UPDAtE on the parking they are wanting everyone parking at the RNA yo enter via O'CONELl Terrace I hope that helps in some way .... Matt

Lucky_Phill
23-03-2012, 07:39 AM
LUCKY,

Matt, I just looked up the parking arrangemenst you mentioned on here earlier and am about to leave.

Was heading for Gregory Terrace...

Thanks for the heads up... see you there , where will you be ?

cheers Phill

Triple
23-03-2012, 08:01 AM
parking on Friday which will be on the oval of Gregory terrace as usual but saterday and Sunday Gregory terrace will be closed near the RNA and parking will be of o'connell terrace which is on the northern side of the RNA . The y are running trains to the show grounds on the weekend....Matt

Today is OK for gregory terrace Phill.

bluefin59
23-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Phill Ian doing traffic control up at the top gate museum end of the industrial pavilion , the car park was full by 10am because the bottom oval of Gregory terrace is water logged so they aren't parking anyone there hence why they sent everyone via O'coon ell terrace . I a heading in tomorrow after work about 1 pm , at least parking won't be an issue at 5.30 in the morning when I start work , enjoy the day guys ...Matt

bluefin59
23-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Today is OK for gregory terrace Phill.

Wrong chaos reigns supreme I am here watching it ll happen and tomorrow Gregory terrace will definitely be closed to through traffic ... Matt

madmaskbass
23-03-2012, 02:49 PM
enjoyed the show...especially the yamaha barra display...picked up some sp's and jigheads..TT's jighead whole range $7, zman's $7 and swimerrz $12 pretty good discount, squidgies pro range $7..stocked up for the trip(move) north...nearly just nearly was convinced to buy a stradic for $200 i think thats for the whole stradic range.. but just bought a new rod so couln't talk myself into it..there was alot of BIG tinnies there but really not that great a selection of the smaller gear which surprised me a bit....4x4 comp cars are great to watch...all in all good $15 spent..i bussed it in which made life easy and cheaper...not many people doing this though...was alot of crappy gear on sale which made me laugh because you can buy alot of it on ebay for $1 if you are patient...well close enough anyway...

would have loved to spend more time there but i'm in between night shifts and havent slept yet so i'm off..hope you all enjoy the show

Lucky_Phill
23-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks.

I got there at 8.40am. No traffic on streets leading up to RNA.

Parked in centre ring... on mud !!!

I came from the south, took M1 then Clem 7... easy as.

All good.

BUT.......... $5 for a 600ml coke FFS !!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

LP

PinHead
23-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Phill Ian doing traffic control up at the top gate museum end of the industrial pavilion , the car park was full by 10am because the bottom oval of Gregory terrace is water logged so they aren't parking anyone there hence why they sent everyone via O'coon ell terrace . I a heading in tomorrow after work about 1 pm , at least parking won't be an issue at 5.30 in the morning when I start work , enjoy the day guys ...Matt

is that you I see most days standing out on the Terrace????

Yellowjack
23-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Was there this morning aswell!

Picked up lots a bits and pieces for my new toy :) (have been out of the fishing action lately, working 24/7 to pay for it)
I pick it up next week and will post photos but i picked up alot of bargains there!!

The best bargain I got was an Environet for $25. I have seen them at different tackle stores for $50-$75??
Section 820 on the official courier map. There was only about 15 left on show (all different sizes), so i suggest heading in early if your after one! (dont know if they had extra stock)

Cheers,
Jack

Fillet`n`Release
23-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Yeah it was an enjoyable opening day of the show. Phil got plenty of mentions in the first seminar of the day on sounders :) Also really enjoyed the talk on Cobia in the bay, will have to test some of my gear out on 'em (once I learn how to use my sounder better after today !)

I've got to say those mexican (southern state) tackle guys that come up for the show are ripoff merchants, most of their gear was cheap junk. I had hoped to see some of the new name-brand tech being shown off but no such luck. I think I only bought stuff from All-Round Angler, those guys are always helpful and their prices at the show were good when you pushed 'em for a deal. Also like to support the local business. And as Phil mentioned $5 for a coke, yeah take some snacks from home and pocket the $50 you'd blow on lunch on something you'd rather use in the boat :)

The 4x4 show was pretty good too, giving me all kinds of ideas I shouldn't be thinking. Converting the Patrol into almost a tent-a-van on wheels and tow the boat up to the Daintree and disappear from society for a while !!

All in all well worth the time (and entry fee + parking ><) .. Paul Worsteling will be there Sat/Sun and I bet that little area they have for the seminars will be standing room only. Enjoy the madness ! :)

rubba
23-03-2012, 03:57 PM
it was good having a chat to you lp enjoyed the talk bill corten was good as usal the rest of the show wasnt bad met roothy from 4wd action what a nice fella

Tangles
23-03-2012, 03:58 PM
met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

I also found out apparently im buying Phill brekkie at the boaties market? got some good information from Solas, saw the new Furuno 627, nice piece of kit and stocked up on the jerky.

The origin boat is a solid lump of a boat,

Dicktracey
23-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Caught Bill's Sounder show picked up quite a few tips, his advice backed up my decision to buy the new HDS gen 2 + Structure scan.Then he drops the shame bomb :(
To all you cheap pricks out there buying sounders o/seas how about supporting the local guys ? Gee thx Bill @#$%^ sure I can do that ;) kicking my toes all the way over to the boy's at Bias to find their show specials where only $200 dearer than the US deal that had been weeks in the making :) So thx Bill we all need a slap of wake up to yourself every now and again.
Sat in the same row as LP and my mate couldn't get near LP for the autograph hunters ;) Will catch up next one Phil.

So my advice catch as many of Bills shows as you can and chase the bargins they are there if you look for them
cheers
Dick

thedeckie
23-03-2012, 04:12 PM
met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

I also found out apparently im buying Phill brekkie at the boaties market? got some good information from Solas, saw the new Furuno 627, nice piece of kit and stocked up on the jerky.

The origin boat is a solid lump of a boat,

Well Mike, if you have stocked up on jerky just take that on Sunday and feed it to Phill for breakfast ::). How much tackle did you buy Mike???

Probably see you down there Mike, is the old fart TOL heading down?? No doubt he will need another 50 rods and reels;D......sorry TOL, hope to see you there mate.

Cheers

Paul

Muddy Toes
23-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I think the chick liked me ,got my 600ml coke for the bargain price of $4.80 :P

charleville
23-03-2012, 04:31 PM
I had not been to the T & T show for a couple of years and was expecting a lesser show this year because of the demise of a few of the usually participating boat dealers in recent years. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the scope of what was on show. It actually seemed to be a bigger show than I had come to expect.

Interestingly enough, unlike what I had seen in my more recent, previous attendances, there was plenty of quality tackle on sale. I cannot comment on prices as you really need to know your prices before you go to those shows but I thought that what I saw was pretty good - especially at the better class end of the tackle continuum - an end that has not always been evident in recent years. I was not in the market for tackle so all I bought in that regard was a couple of spools of my favourite monofilament, Platypus Super-100, but the prices seemed pretty good on that stuff. The T Curve rods at one stand must have been well priced because the rack was full of them at 10.30 am and totally empty when I went past at 2.30 pm.

Do yourselves a huge favour, though, if you can. Take the free train from the city on the weekend. It took a fair while to get through the parking maze into the place this morning.

I especially enjoyed Bill Corten's talk on sounders at the start of play and, indeed, it is a real tribute to Bill that the "auditorium" was packed for that talk. Very flash for the first presentation of the day. Well done, Bill!

I was keen to hear the talk on the use of fishing and boating apps on Smartphones. However, although the speaker knew his stuff and presented well, I did not find a lot of novel material in his talk and indeed I left half-way through the presentation. I expect that it won't take long before a raft of new fishing and boating apps make that talk a much richer experience.

I spent no time in the 4X4 part of the show as I have no interest in that stream. However, it did seem to be a particularly vibrant part of the show. It would not be too hard to get a very full day's enjoyable entertainment at the combined T & T/ 4X4 Show for your $12 (Racq discounted) ticket.

Yup - a coupla meat pies and a soda squash at the bar cost me a bit under $14 and that might seem a bit dear. I actually don't know what such things cost away from home in other places.

..... but what the heck, overall, I thought that the show offered very good entertainment and educational value this year and I am pleased to recommend it - which is a quite contrary position to that which I have expressed after the previous couple of T & T shows that I had been to.

bluefin59
23-03-2012, 05:26 PM
is that you I see most days standing out on the Terrace????

Yeah probably greg I am the clean shaven bloke and my off wider looks like a skinny colonel sanders haha ,yeah I've been on the terrace since July . That's not you with the blue ute with the canopy ....Matt

PinHead
23-03-2012, 05:45 PM
no Matt..white Hi lux..will drop by and have a chat one morning

madmaskbass
23-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Was there this morning aswell!

Picked up lots a bits and pieces for my new toy :) (have been out of the fishing action lately, working 24/7 to pay for it)
I pick it up next week and will post photos but i picked up alot of bargains there!!

The best bargain I got was an Environet for $25. I have seen them at different tackle stores for $50-$75??
Section 820 on the official courier map. There was only about 15 left on show (all different sizes), so i suggest heading in early if your after one! (dont know if they had extra stock)

Cheers,
Jack

I also grabbed one definitley a bargain of something that is usually not on sale very often

Mike Delisser
23-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Well I got there at 1.30 after struggling to find a car park, met up with "Tangles"???? and caught the end of Can Do on the stage. Yeh T&T Show impressive once again, appeals to me a lot more than the Bris boat Show. Grabbed some plastics, leader, jerky, and other odds and ends, met some mates. I saw some Berkley Drop Shot rods for $40 and I already have one but those flash fishing shirts at th AFN Book stand (fishing tackle section) look ok for $30. Caught the end of Bill C talk on bar crossings, he certainly knows his sh#t. Only disappointment for me was finding out Lucky Phill pissed off as soon as I arrived so he didn't have to buy me a beer.

darter
23-03-2012, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=Tangles;1365550]met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

Was that 'Nuggets 1 pm talk on Greenback Talior from the surf? I was going to travel two hours today and two hours back home,just to see that talk,I only found out about it this morning,-I'd have been pi$$ed off had I have come all that way and that egg head newman made him cut it short

Lucky_Phill
23-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Guys, this is the main reason I go to this show.

To catch with old AF aquaintances and to meet the new ones . :)

I did catch up with more people than I thought I would.

Had many a ' chat '.

Sussed out the new Garmin gear with a personal guided tour from Kitty-Cat ( Wayne )

That was about it for me...... If I had more time, I would have stayed until the curtain dropped at 5pm.

Yes Mike, and breakfast is at Brekki time, not gentlemens hours on Sunday,,,, I'll be at the gates by 6. You might have to shout thedeckie a snag as well :)

Yes, the Pollies were out in force at the show..

Mark Robinson MP, Senator Ron Boswell and Noddy ( Premier elect ), all showing up to offer there bit......any presenter on stage, or highjack them after their talk.

See some of you at the Boaties market on Sunday

Sorry I missed ya Mike D, I was walking out the gate at 1.30pm. :-?

Cheers phill

Tangles
23-03-2012, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Tangles;1365550]met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

Was that 'Nuggets 1 pm talk on Greenback Talior from the surf? I was going to travel two hours today and two hours back home,just to see that talk,I only found out about it this morning,-I'd have been pi$$ed off had I have come all that way and that egg head newman made him cut it short

Yep that was the talk, Nugget got through gear tackle and rigs but really didnt get through times/tides as got the windup but he was still up there for a while and one of the better talks,

How many brekkies are you having Phill?

Muddy Toes
23-03-2012, 11:14 PM
All you blokes talking about a use of sounders presentation by Bill Corten......I must have missed it.

The only thing I saw was the Lucky Phill and Kitty Cat shout out tribute show presented by Bill this morning.8-)

4x4frog
24-03-2012, 12:51 AM
23rd-25th March, cant think of a better way to spend my birthday, well i could8-) but it will do...:-?Happy Birthday for the day Wayno.....mine was Thursday.
Going to treat my self to a new rod and maybe reel is there are any decent bargains to be had. Surf casting is the go.

charleville
24-03-2012, 03:58 AM
[QUOTE=Tangles;1365550]

I was going to listen to that talk as well but got distracted. I am glad that I didn't now. Bloody politicians! What boofhead allowed Newman to impose himself like that? We have had enough politics without having it imposed on our recreational activties like that.

These guys think that they are the centre of the universe!

bar raider
24-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Where we're the drop shot rods located??

Thanks.

Bull
24-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I think I will head in Sunday morning after the Boaties market and have a look around.

Still_Dreamin
25-03-2012, 08:53 AM
Got a pretty good deal on a Tournanment 1750! Should pick it up next weekend after on water test, can't wait.

macspotty
25-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Got a Pflueger Lever Drag Overhead reel same size as a shim TLD 20 for $60 which I thought was a bargin. Most of the rods & reels were going for 50% off. They said they were going to get rid of all the rod stands for $20 today as they didn`t want to take them back to sydney.
The live Barra tank fishing show was excellent as well as the speakers on the day. Jason Comino on fishing bay snapper (top stuff) ,Jason Gooding on macks & wahoo (top top stuff).
Had a top day , learnt alot.

charleville
25-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I wonder if those 50% deals were on reels that have a warranty that will be honored in Australia or whether they are "grey market" products. Viz, products bought over the internet from overseas' dealers thus bypassing the local dealers and not receiving Australian warranties.

Mr Squiggles
25-03-2012, 07:16 PM
A friend came with us today looking for a light surf Alvey & we couldn't find an Alvey anywhere. Was I blind? Got a good deal on an Engel cover & was 9/10ths buying a camper trailer but folded at the last minute.

Muddy Toes
25-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Either blind or all sold out , they were right next to the stage where the presenters were doing the fishing expo talks on Friday.

charleville
25-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Yup! Definitely blind - or did not go to the seminars and gaze left occasionally.

There was actually a lot of Alvey gear in that area.

leonp88
25-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Definitely a good day out with some good presentations and plenty of insight to be gained by talking to various vendors etc.

As mentioned, one of the good buys I got was the Pflueger Torsion 20L lever drag overhead reel for $60 and a Strudwick boat rod for $40 ($100 for a $500rrp setup - supposedly). Seemed good to me. Did the normal tests with loading up the rod etc and all felt quite good but time (and a few macs) will tell...

Also got a good deal from the boys at BIAS on an HDS-8 (as did every other man and his dog so I'm led to believe). Got some other decent Saturday afternoon bargains on some skirted lures and soft plastics so will be giving these a workout as soon as my new sounder arrives!

Cheers

wayno60
25-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Still_dreamin,
Not dreamin anymore...

I picked up a Penn 345 GT2 for $85.00. What i couldnt belive that the Shop on the other side of the stage had them for $149.00. I had to go back twice to make sure i was comparing apples with apples.

lethal
25-03-2012, 08:54 PM
wayne we'll head to curtain very soon and try out that reel

Ideas
25-03-2012, 08:59 PM
hey guys i worked there and sold you the pflueger's and drop shots.all warranties are legit if you send your warranty froms in.

wayno60
25-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Lee when ya ready give me a holla.....

fisho8
25-03-2012, 09:40 PM
I got there with my daughter at 10am Friday car parks were full so I park in the hospital carpark and walked up I saw Phil and another bloke up in the building above the cafe you guys looked busy and were talking with someone and I did not want to butt in. Lunch cost me about $24.00 that was for 2 powerades and to German Snags. Got me some tickets in the AMM platey they had there that is one awsome fishing rig. I also loved the look of the Origin boats they had on display those bloke were busy all day The Grady White the had on display in the upstairs pavilion was one of my favourites to along with a couple of those sea foxes bought a couple of Lures from the tackle shops they had there and listened to some of the speakers and picked up a few more tips. Got a bloke coming back to me about a 175 Suzuki 4 stroke and what trade I would get on my motor (should be interesting) ala in all a had a great day out with my daughter looking forward to the next one. Also loved the V8 supercharged 100 series cruiser 4x4 section was interesting to lots off goodies I cannot afford haha.

Muddy Toes
25-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I got there with my daughter at 10am Friday car parks were full so I park in the hospital carpark and walked up I saw Phil and another bloke up in the building above the cafe you guys looked busy and were talking with someone and I did not want to butt in. Lunch cost me about $24.00 that was for 2 powerades and to German Snags. Got me some tickets in the AMM platey they had there that is one awsome fishing rig. I also loved the look of the Origin boats they had on display those bloke were busy all day The Grady White the had on display in the upstairs pavilion was one of my favourites to along with a couple of those sea foxes bought a couple of Lures from the tackle shops they had there and listened to some of the speakers and picked up a few more tips. Got a bloke coming back to me about a 175 Suzuki 4 stroke and what trade I would get on my motor (should be interesting) ala in all a had a great day out with my daughter looking forward to the next one. Also loved the V8 supercharged 100 series cruiser 4x4 section was interesting to lots off goodies I cannot afford haha.

If the two mystery blokes were talking to the Garmin guy then I was probably the non-Phill dude and chances are we were talking about nothing that had the slightest thing to do with Tinnies or Tackle so ya should have said G'day.

I had a quick look a the Sea Foxes too.....just my opinion but I think they were a case of good from a far but far from good.

All you blokes that seemed to do a lot of ogling over boats sounded like you had a good time but was I the only one that checked out the Isuzu chick?
Wholly crap......nice smooth lines, great curves and looked like an absolute work of art up close.....flawless.Price?.....Oh I'd hate to think.

wayno60
26-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Muddy, we are talking about the slim little thing at the isuzu stand, that suntan looked like a spray on job...but i hear where ya coming from.

johncar
26-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Got a pretty good deal on a Tournanment 1750! Should pick it up next weekend after on water test, can't wait.

Well done again.. That's what it is all about, hope they all sold a few boats, motors, trailers and year some fishing gear too although you would think we all have more than we will ever need. Now we just need some nice days..

sid_fishes
26-03-2012, 08:24 PM
All you blokes that seemed to do a lot of ogling over boats sounded like you had a good time but was I the only one that checked out the Isuzu chick?
Wholly crap......nice smooth lines, great curves and looked like an absolute work of art up close.....flawless.Price?.....Oh I'd hate to think.[/QUOTE]

anthony, mate you dont have enuff money ...trust me... thats my daughter

sid

Muddy Toes
26-03-2012, 08:26 PM
hahahahah.........I'd be willing to put my boat down as a deposit dad.

GraemeW
31-03-2012, 01:13 AM
I had an awesome day on Saturday.

A day I will never forget.

Read my post here >> http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?183235-Had-an-unreal-day-at-the-Brisbane-Tinnie-amp-Tackle-4x4-Show-on-Saturday-!!

4x4frog
06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Happy Birthday for the day Wayno.....mine was Thursday.
Going to treat my self to a new rod and maybe reel is there are any decent bargains to be had. Surf casting is the go.I never found what I was looking for.
I was after a Daiwa Sea Jigger, Shimano Aeroweave Grapthie or similar for surf casting lures
Tally for the afternoon(Saturday)
1 x subscription to B&B fishing 12 months.............$40
1 X subscription to AAus Trade magazine..............$30 (the sales girl was hot;D::):o, . No, there was a 40 piece impact socket set free with the sub. It had to be worth $60 alone, Hitachi brand.
1 x Penn Slammer 702ST, 2-5kg..........................$20
1 x Shimano Sienna 2500FD................................$39

They saw me coming, I had a great afternoon and resisted the urge to go back on the Sunday for more bargains.

Then this last week the clutch in 4x4frog died, has done 210,000km so not so shabby. Bill is however a killer.....:'($2000 +

Still_Dreamin
06-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Ouch! At least you will have your new subs to keep you entertained while it gets repaired.

banksmister
07-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Wholly crap......nice smooth lines, great curves and looked like an absolute work of art up close.....flawless.Price?.....Oh I'd hate to think.

anthony, mate you dont have enuff money ...trust me... thats my daughter

sid[/QUOTE]

Anthony you cant go round the shows staring at the girls shame on you

Ps Sid please post pic of your daughter so we all know what not to look at. just one at beach will do

leonp88
27-07-2012, 12:47 PM
hey guys i worked there and sold you the pflueger's and drop shots.all warranties are legit if you send your warranty froms in.

Ideas I'm wanting to submit a warranty claim. Can you please PM me with how to proceed...

Leon

leonp88
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Guys,

What's the verdict on how long I should wait for these guys to respond to my enquiry about a warranty claim. I left messages with the store (fishing'r'us) and the member "Ideas".

It has been over a week and a half since the first message left.