PDA

View Full Version : ETEC servicing

garman1
05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Hi all......

A mate just purchased himself a new boat with an 2009 etec on the back and he wants to get it serviced. He lives on the north side of brisbane, morayfield area. Are there service agents that you would recommend to him to get his service done.

What oil should he continue to use??????? just what is recommended or is there a different oil to do the same job????

Thanks in advance.

LittleSkipper
05-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Pete...Alias: Grand_Marlin could possibly assist, he gets absolutely rave revues for his service or you could try a local dealership on the northside, Cunninghams Marine or Northside Marine.

As for the debate on what type of 2 stroke oil to use? I have a 4 litre bottle of Nulon with specifications that it is a Synthetic Fortified 2 Stroke Oil, it's also made in Australia, if that means anything?

I know the old saying "Oils aint Oils" but I think most modern day 2 stroke oils on the market these days all pretty much do the same thing.

Cheers

fisho8
05-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Amazing what Google throws up This question has been aked befroe and Grand marlin has answered it. Downes Marine services these engines. and they are located on the Northside of Brisbane.http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?105327-Who-services-your-Evinrude

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/qld/bowen-hills/downes-marine-pty-ltd-12075252-listing.html

Kero
05-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Alan Downes (Downes Marine, Albion) is an E-Tec guru.
For somewhere closer to home it could also be worth giving Keith or Eddie a call. They are at Jeffers Motorsport Marine, Burpengarry. They are Suzuki dealers, but very experienced with all outboards.
I've used all of these guys before before and have no complaints at all.

Jabba_
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Downs Marine is the only choice if your located in or around Brisbane...

Use only Evinrude's XD100 oil..

Matt76
05-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Yep Downes and XD100

troy
05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Pete...Alias: Grand_Marlin could possibly assist, he gets absolutely rave revues for his service or you could try a local dealership on the northside, Cunninghams Marine or Northside Marine.

As for the debate on what type of 2 stroke oil to use? I have a 4 litre bottle of Nulon with specifications that it is a Synthetic Fortified 2 Stroke Oil, it's also made in Australia, if that means anything?

I know the old saying "Oils aint Oils" but I think most modern day 2 stroke oils on the market these days all pretty much do the same thing.

Cheers
Mate just going by the advise from the local Yamaha Dealer use what is recomended.
Could give you a long winded story on this but i will not but just say this a guy had a yamaha and was having all sorts of dramas and there was no awnser until the mechanic used a portable tank with the right oil and problem sold.
If anyone wants to correct me on this all i can say is how things turned out.
Troy

Steeler
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
For a few bob either way always use the rec oil IMO.

garman1
05-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Guys thanks for your input, I will pass all the info on to my mate and let him make the choice. Again thanks

garry

Grand_Marlin
06-03-2012, 06:50 AM
Yes, Alan Downes for Etec Brisbane City / Northside.

For the record, BRP have named us (Valet Boat Services) as an Evinrude sub dealership.
We can supply and fit Etecs at the moment but we have to complete the factory training before we can officially service the Etecs.

Cheers

Pete

top_deck69
06-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi Guys,
Is Downes Marine still operational, I'm sure about 2 years ago when I got my ETEC, I rang up Alan and he said they were closed

Would be great if they are still there
Cheers
Ben

Grand_Marlin
06-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi Guys,
Is Downes Marine still operational, I'm sure about 2 years ago when I got my ETEC, I rang up Alan and he said they were closed

Would be great if they are still there
Cheers
Ben

110% Still there
Alan & Bernice - 3252 7719
Lovely people and very, very knowledgeable

top_deck69
06-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks Pete,

Am actually due for a service......

Ben