PDA

View Full Version : Boat Rock/Flat Rock

Zippidy
03-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Hello,

Well after a relatively successful trip out there a few weeks ago, we thought we'd try again and see what was on offer.

We knew the weather would be reasonable to get out there, so we headed from Manly at around 4.45ish. It was quite funny to see all the new larger boat being dropped in and then putting the Rogue in for comparison. She started first time, so we were pretty happy with that.

The bar was pretty calm to get through and before we knew it we were out there amongst it.

First drop pulled up a nice Parrot fish. We drifted the same area for a few hours and ended up pulling on board a couple of Morwong, 2 Parrots, 2 Cods and a Trevally. Had a mate out there who got 4 or 5 Leatherjackets and nothing else.

Ran out of squid around 10ish so we called it. Heading back over the bay and it was very rough. The Rogue handled it rather well. The rain came and we all got wet.

All up it was bloody good fun and we can't wait to get out there again.

I'd love to learn how to use SP's but I'm too impatient and know I'll get something on the Squid.

On another note, we're taking a bar crossing course on Wednesday afternoon. Pretty sure it's out at Redlands somewhere so if you're going then say g'day :-)

thelump
04-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Yeah it was nice out there for a while eh. Lots of traffic down that way!! I was one of the 327 boats trolling down there!

Zippidy
04-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Oh right. I was in the little rogue. No bimni. Blue paint around the top.

Catch anything trolling?

thelump
05-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Nah nothing down there. Nothing anywhere really. Dropped a good Spanish at the boat bit further north from there. My gaff work was terrible.

bf90
05-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Hey zip does the rogue have a name on the side of it ? Mine used to be white bottom and a blue top but mine did not have back ta back seats as it was a box and bench model from the factory :)

Zippidy
05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
No name on the side mate. Boxes with swivel seats on, no back to back.

it's old, but it floats. Engine starts first time..... Sometimes.